[Q] Device not recognized by Windows 8.1

Search This thread

Ikarisan

Apr 22, 2012
Cologne
Hi!

I have a very annoying problem. My HTC M8 is not recognized by my new Windows 8.1 Professional System.
If I connect the phone to my PC Windows plays the "new device" sound but nothing more happens. Neither in normal MTP-Mode nor in the USB debugging mode. I checked out the Windows device manager but the phone is not listed.

First I thought that it might be a problem with the Android Revolution HD 7.0 ROM, but the phone works on my notebook (Windows 7) without installing any special drivers. And my old Samsung Galaxy Nexus works with Windows 8.1.

I installed the HTC Sync Manager... didn't help.
I installed the HTC Driver package... didn't help.
I installed the Universal ADB Driver... didn't help either.

Then I tried different USB ports.. nothing :(

My Beer Belly

May 3, 2014
Hi!

I have a very annoying problem. My HTC M8 is not recognized by my new Windows 8.1 Professional System.
If I connect the phone to my PC Windows plays the "new device" sound but nothing more happens. Neither in normal MTP-Mode nor in the USB debugging mode. I checked out the Windows device manager but the phone is not listed.

First I thought that it might be a problem with the Android Revolution HD 7.0 ROM, but the phone works on my notebook (Windows 7) without installing any special drivers. And my old Samsung Galaxy Nexus works with Windows 8.1.

I installed the HTC Sync Manager... didn't help.
I installed the HTC Driver package... didn't help.
I installed the Universal ADB Driver... didn't help either.

Then I tried different USB ports.. nothing :(

I had the same issue and I believe it's because the Samsung Gnex drivers are still on your computer. Use Wugfresh's Nexus Root Toolkit to completely uninstall all drivers related to the Gnex, restart, and then plugin the M8. Windows will most likely install all the necessary drivers automatically.

Ikarisan

Apr 22, 2012
Cologne
No, it's still not working. I removed ALL Samsung and HTC driver (with uninstaller and USBDeview), restarted my PC and plugged in my HTC. Windows plays the sound and USBDeview shows three new HTC devices with the assigned drive letters F: and L:. But the drives are not assigned and ADB cannot find the M8. :(

Attachments

• usbdeview.png
    usbdeview.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 684
Last edited:

Ikarisan

Apr 22, 2012
Cologne
Ok, now it's getting strange.

I reinstalled the HTC driver again from the hasoon2000 website. And now, my M8 appears
under the available storage devices. But only when I disable the USB debugging! If debugging is enabled still nothing happens! :crying:

As a last try I have installed the "Universal ADB driver" again... didn't change anything.

I really don't know what's going wrong.
The M8 works on my Win7 notebook, my Win7 PC at work and it worked well on my develop PC (in a peaceful coexistence with my Samsung Galaxy Nexus), before I installed Windows8.1 (fresh install, no upgrade!) :crying:

auggustin

Jan 30, 2015
HTC One M8

Hi Guys!
I have the same problem with my HTC One M8 - can't connect it to my computer with windows 8.1
I've already disabled windows driver signature enforcement in advanced pc settings.
Please tell me how to then install that downloaded drivers via device manager.
When I try to update the driver and select the path to that driver, I receive a message : the best driver is already installed.
Please help me!
Thank you!

Top Liked Posts