Huawei Ascend W1 & Windows Phone 8.1 = it works!

Search This thread

ryanodonnell

Feb 17, 2014
Hello all you consumers and developers,

As you may or may not know, everyone trying to update to Windows Phone 8.1 via the Developer Preview got the dreaded 80183309 error, which means "The update was download, but couldn't be opened".

I took a risk and installed the Russian ROM people were talking about at the Microsoft Community and check the post by FedorMaslak - translation required Russian - English) on page 43.

Here is how you do it:
Step one - Flash the ROM using the tools in the forum entry above.
Step two - Download General Distribution Release 2 (GDR2) OTA via phone update
Step three - Download Preview for Developers
Step four - Activate the Preview for Developers and install GDR3.
Step five - Once installed, you will see Update 1/2 installing on your device, this is for preparation for WP8.1
Step six - Check for updates and Windows Phone 8.1 will install!

I have made a video with WP8.1 running on the Huawei Ascend W1, which is available by searching RYANODONNELLUKF on YouTube.
(Sorry, XDA-Developers wouldn't let me post outside links...)

eni_vol89

Oct 7, 2014
detheffe RICHARD

Please, can someone give me the rom with wp8.1 for my huawei w1? Becouse it's not possible to install via preview developers.

eni_vol89

Oct 7, 2014

thank you for the link, but i've tried to flash my phone following the steps. The first step it's ok, but when i try to launch the file wp8cruu.exe gives me the following error: "Cannot open device "Qualcomm MMC Storage USB Device" Error 109. So i thought to install directly the 8.1 but for installa this rom i need the .app file of the rom. If do you know a method to install directly the rom without the extension .app, please tell me. Sorry for my english and thank you for the support.

eni_vol89

Oct 7, 2014
I finally resolved doing the procedure in another computer with windows 8.1 64 bit. Befor i've used windows 7 64bit and in the second step was impossible to continue. Thank you again for the support.

Top Liked Posts