459 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,511

By Blechd0se, Inactive Recognized Developer on 14th October 2013, 10:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th August 2014, 06:54 AM |#221  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
I made a boo boo..

Does any one know how to disable the Aero Control from bootup?
Installed Aero Control in my Motog G (with Aero kernel & stock) Checked the "Low Memory Option" under Memory Tuning. When I rebooted, after the M logo, I can see a purple hued screen. After that it just goes blank, vibrating when I press the power button.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
24th August 2014, 03:06 PM |#222  
Flag Montreal QC
Thanks Meter: 355

More
I've updated the french translation for your app ...

( this is my first change on github )

https://github.com/Blechd0se/android...ontrol/pull/34
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MaLiXs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MaLiXs Ad-Free
2nd October 2014, 09:59 AM |#223  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr0ssx21

I made a boo boo..

Does any one know how to disable the Aero Control from bootup?
Installed Aero Control in my Motog G (with Aero kernel & stock) Checked the "Low Memory Option" under Memory Tuning. When I rebooted, after the M logo, I can see a purple hued screen. After that it just goes blank, vibrating when I press the power button.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have the same problem. Checked the same "Low memory option" and now the device does not boot.
How to revert this??
2nd October 2014, 07:38 PM |#224  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Stuttgart

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowed87

I have the same problem. Checked the same "Low memory option" and now the device does not boot.
How to revert this??

The easiest way is to actually revert to your stock rom, its the safest way.
This bug will be gone in the next iteration of Aero Control and speaking of the next iteration; it will be quite a big thing.
For the last 2 Months i have worked continuously on Aero Control to redefine the way you tweak your system.
I dropped a few about this release a few weeks ago over here .

Now i am nearly done with what i wanted to achieve and we can surely move out of beta in the next version.
I got also a lot of help from @Quarx himself this time to ensure it meets the usual quality standards and after all, it will be a free update.
Just adding a screenshot of what has finished recently, it shows a new feature called "Your Settings" which will basically let you
set your very own settings with a simple filemanager.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-10-02-19-26-56.png
Views:	395
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	2957799  
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Blechd0se For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Blechd0se Ad-Free
9th October 2014, 10:03 PM |#225  
Flag Stuttgart

Donate to Me
More
Aero Control moves out of beta!
Hello guys,

its finally available for everyone. Aero Control just reached version 2.0.0. This means we are moving out of beta finally (nearly one year after the first release).
So this release is pretty much full of new stuff and features. I already talked about a few of them. A normal Aero Control release has around 40 commits,
this one has 75+ and also over 6000 added lines of code. Yes, i was really busy the last couple of months. Since its such a big release and changelog, let
me talk about the popular features in this release.

The first thing you'll probably notice is a UI overhaul, i added a few bits here and there to make the experience a bit more playful. The second thing
is the new and improved set-on-boot functionality. Instead of having one global switch to enable/disable the feature, you can set it individual for each
item that has a checkbox to its right. So if you just want to experiment a bit, don't worry. As long as you haven't checked the checkbox you can experiment
as much as you want. When you add a new profile each currently checked item will be assigned to this profile too.

The next very big feature is called 'Your settings' and you can find it in the 'Misc Settings'. Its basically a filemanager to let you tweak/tune any desired
file even if Aero Control doesn't support it out of the box. So in theory there are no limitations for devices/kernels anymore.
There are many other new things such as improved per app profile handling and support for the upcoming "L" release, but it would take to long to talk about
every change in detail.

If you are curious, just checkout the (very long) changelog:
  • [commit]: Version 2.0.0
  • [commit]: splashscreen: add set-on-boot fragment
  • [commit]: layout: small layout adjustments
  • [commit]: statistics: align layout properly
  • [commit]: prefs: allow to reset tutorials
  • [commit]: misc: add tutorial for 'your settings'
  • [commit]: updater: change update path to subfolder
  • [commit]: profiles: add import/export of profiles
  • [commit]: aero: enable misc settings for defy
  • [commit]: profiles: refactor perapp selection dialog
  • [commit]: service: perapp: reduce sampling rate
  • [commit]: memory: remove unnecessary keys
  • [commit]: res: fix actionbar color
  • [commit]: updater: add generic backup/restore option
  • [commit]: helper: fix null-values for settingshelper
  • [commit]: res: big UI overhaul
  • [commit]: service: prepare perapp for android L
  • [commit]: helpers: add doesExist() helper
  • [commit]: fragments: smooth out transition effect
  • [commit]: helpers: add set-on-boot for your settings (3/3)
  • [commit]: misc: add 'your settings' layout/logic (2/3)
  • [commit]: helpers: add the filemanager backbone (1/3)
  • [commit]: misc: add tcp congestion choice
  • [commit]: voltage: fix values wouldn't update
  • [commit]: activity: fix onBackPressed() handling
  • [commit]: translations: fix missing string derp
  • [commit]: profiles: fix multiple dialog overlay issues
  • [commit]: helper/settings: fix boolean class cast
  • [commit]: shell: prevent log spam on various devices
  • [commit]: helper: fix perApp helper for sure
  • [commit]: profiles: allow to delete profiles fast
  • [commit]: aero: micro-optimize thread handling
  • [commit]: prefs: show current state on checkbox elements
  • [commit]: profiles: resolve null pointer if service is down
  • [commit]: helpers: allow to toggle empty prefernces
  • [commit]: misc: add vibrator control for other devices
  • [commit]: layout: fix tutorial layout issues
  • [commit]: misc/handler: remove 2D array
  • [commit]: helper: shell: make thread usage optional
  • [commit]: memory: add ksm toggle option
  • [commit]: aero: fix layout issues for 4.4+ devices
  • [commit]: splashscreen: add a new SplashScreen for new users
  • [commit]: helper: settings: apply correct file path
  • [commit]: service: give per app service a dedicated handler
  • [commit]: preferences: allow to disable the testsuite
  • [commit]: helpers: call setChecked() on checkbox change
  • [commit]: drawable: add a new progress dialog spinner
  • [commit]: profiles: show spinner while loading app-data
  • [commit]: service: micro-optimize the perapp service
  • [commit]: helpers: fix wired race conditions once and for all
  • [commit]: gpu: fix force close while casting class
  • [commit]: helpers: fix race conditions with cpu governors
  • [commit]: cpu: fix governor wont apply for offline cpus
  • [commit]: memory: add fsync option
  • [commit]: memory: don't try trimming if lib is missing
  • [commit]: boot: remove the set-on-boot check (3/3)
  • [commit]: helpers: transition to new custom preferences (2/3)
  • [commit]: boot: implement a smarter set-on-boot feature (1/3)
  • [commit]: statistics: small layout adjustments
  • [commit]: cpu: add generic live oc/uc
  • [commit]: gpu: fix max frequency control
  • [commit]: aero: add cpu load per core
  • [commit]: translation: fix french translation
  • [commit]: helpers: add missing file path for gpus
  • [commit]: Merge pull request #34 from MaLiXs/patch-1
  • [commit]: Update strings.xml
  • [commit]: testsuite: bump up warumUp phase
  • [commit]: testsuite: add a small test suite
  • [commit]: memory: show low mem option only for defy
  • [commit]: helpers: centralize file paths
  • [commit]: cpu: fix a potential exception
  • [commit]: profiles: fix possible nullpointer
  • [commit]: profiles: hide splash screen after creation
  • [commit]: helper: boot: add gpu governor settings
  • [commit]: gpu: refactor gpu fragment
  • [commit]: profiles: fix IAE while saving
  • [commit]: gpu: add doubletap2wake feature

We are moving out of beta, since i added everything i wanted to see in a kernel tweaking app. Since it features a complete rewritten base the future is very bright!
I hope you enjoy this massive release and spread the word. I have worked nearly 2 months continuously to provide you this release and even bugged @Quarx to help me
out in terms of reaching a new quality standard.

Notice: Google might need some time until its available in the playstore.

Download Play Store

Download
The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to Blechd0se For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Blechd0se Ad-Free
10th October 2014, 08:37 AM |#226  
Flag Düsseldorf
Thanks Meter: 3,478

More
Great work, @Blechd0se!

There is one small bug that I already noticed in the 1.4.x builds, but didn't report yet:

When you let Aero Control running and stay in CPU Statistics (e.g. overnight) and then press the refresh button, the list is updated OK, but the text in the circle graph isn't, see attached first screenshot.

Only when you change to another item in Aero Control, like Overview, and then change back to CPU Statistics, the text in the circle graph is updated OK, see attached second screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-10-10-08-28-01.png
Views:	375
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	2966045   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-10-10-08-28-16.png
Views:	368
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	2966046  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to okij For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift okij Ad-Free
10th October 2014, 03:08 PM |#227  
Flag Bogota
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Misc settings is perfect! The update is great, thank you, the only issue is that the back button isn't working to quit the app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DiegoxG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiegoxG Ad-Free
10th October 2014, 05:28 PM |#228  
Flag Berisso
Thanks Meter: 210

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiegoxG

Misc settings is perfect! The update is great, thank you, the only issue is that the back button isn't working to quit the app

10th October 2014, 09:29 PM |#229  
Flag Stuttgart

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by okij

Great work, @Blechd0se!

There is one small bug that I already noticed in the 1.4.x builds, but didn't report yet:

When you let Aero Control running and stay in CPU Statistics (e.g. overnight) and then press the refresh button, the list is updated OK, but the text in the circle graph isn't, see attached first screenshot.

Only when you change to another item in Aero Control, like Overview, and then change back to CPU Statistics, the text in the circle graph is updated OK, see attached second screenshot.

Oh well, i never thought somebody would find this bug I will find a fix for it in the next minor version.
By the way, i added import/export of profiles in 2.0, based on your suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiegoxG

Yes, thats because i changed the back-button handling. In previous versions there was a (rare) chance that the app would just crash.
This is now fixed and the back button only works in sub-fragments (like vm-settings). Looks like the doubletab to exit was quite a often used feature.
I will look into a smart solution for the next minor release.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Blechd0se For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Blechd0se Ad-Free
12th October 2014, 12:38 AM |#230  
Flag Düsseldorf
Thanks Meter: 3,478

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blechd0se

Oh well, i never thought somebody would find this bug I will find a fix for it in the next minor version.
By the way, i added import/export of profiles in 2.0, based on your suggestion

Cheers.

Some more feedback for version 2.0.0:
  1. Kernel backup isn't working here. A directory is created on SD card (e.g. com.aero.control/11102014), but no kernel file is copied into it.
  2. IMHO you should add a warning if the user turns on Dynamic FSync on a Defy device, because there have been reports several months ago that Dynamic FSync can lead to corruption of the data partition. I don't know if this bug got fixed in the meanwhile, the last thing I read about it was the general recommendation not to use Dynamic FSync. Well, maybe you should disable this option at all when Aero Control detects that it's used on a Defy.
  3. Could you give us some information and an example about the new "Your Settings" feature in "Misc Settings"? It might be a good idea to also add this to the build-in tutorial.
  4. It would be great to have a button next to every setting to reset it to system default. E.g. under OC/UC (which IMHO better should better be named OC/UV for overclocking/undervolting) I think that there was this button, but now it's gone. Maybe you could add another small button with an "R" for "reset" next to the new checkboxes?
  5. I think for consistency of the UI, it would be better to access the Governor Specific Options and also the IO Scheduler Parameters the same way like the VM Settings, i.e. by opening a new list with those specific options. This way we wouldn't need the phone symbol in the upper right corner, which isn't self-explanatory.

I hope that these suggestions help you to further improve this already great app!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to okij For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift okij Ad-Free
12th October 2014, 01:15 AM |#231  
Flag Stuttgart

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by okij

Cheers.

Some more feedback for version 2.0.0:

I hope that these suggestions help you to further improve this already great app!

Very constructive feedback, as always, thanks!
Quote:

Kernel backup isn't working here. A directory is created on SD card (e.g. com.aero.control/11102014), but no kernel file is copied into it.

Seems like i forgot to change it to the sub-folder backup. Obviously a bug, will be fixed
Quote:

IMHO you should add a warning if the user turns on Dynamic FSync on a Defy device, because there have been reports several months ago that Dynamic FSync can lead to corruption of the data partition. I don't know if this bug got fixed in the meanwhile, the last thing I read about it was the general recommendation not to use Dynamic FSync. Well, maybe you should disable this option at all when Aero Control detects that it's used on a Defy.

That's a really good point, but in general i hate to do specific code just for a specific device. However, since in fact some users might want it/fear it, it sounds like a good idea to make the app smarter.
I'll figure something out.
Quote:

Could you give us some information and an example about the new "Your Settings" feature in "Misc Settings"? It might be a good idea to also add this to the build-in tutorial.

Sure, but there is already a in-built tutorial for that one Just to give you an idea; via the file browser you can browse any file you like. For example browse to /sys/kernel/mm/ksm (which configures ksm).
Clicking on "sleep_millisecs" for example lets you change exactly this tunable which configures how much time between each ksm scan should be by the way. After the click its just like every other setting,
change it, set it on boot or delete it via the trash-icon in the action bar.
I hope this gave you an idea of what the feature could do. Of course this depends heavily on the used kernel (no tunable = no browsable file). Since i started developing this app especially for the Defy most settings
can be accessed via other fragments/settings inside the app out of the box, but maybe someone feels like one is missing
Quote:

It would be great to have a button next to every setting to reset it to system default. E.g. under OC/UC (which IMHO better should better be named OC/UV for overclocking/undervolting) I think that there was this button, but now it's gone. Maybe you could add another small button with an "R" for "reset" next to the new checkboxes?

Yes this button was existent until 1.4.3, but got removed due to the rewrite of the live oc/uc (or live oc/uv whatever pleases you) code. Since its now a fully generic interface i dropped it because the app no
longer "knows" how many frequencies the kernel has. Its very unlikely that i'll put it in again and since you can just uncheck the checkbox and reboot its very easy to "restore" the original frequency.
Quote:

I think for consistency of the UI, it would be better to access the Governor Specific Options and also the IO Scheduler Parameters the same way like the VM Settings, i.e. by opening a new list with those specific options. This way we wouldn't need the phone symbol in the upper right corner, which isn't self-explanatory.

Okay this is a bit harder even if it looks like a simple change in both code and usage terms.
The reason why its handled this way is actually pretty simple; those are sub settings which means they depend on a upper
setting (e.g. the cpu governor / io scheduler). On the other device gpu governor settings are handled the same way. The reason behind this is simple; these are settings which are like to be changed by the user and therefore
become important settings meaning they should be displayed on the same page as their depending setting. Also, this lets the user unintentionally know that those settings depend on something. VM Settings
don't depend on something special, therefore have a own fragment.
So in conclusion what seems like a inconsistency of the UI for you was a long UI design process when i started to create it and actually means consistency.
In terms of self-explanatory; thats why i added a tutorial for this (reset tutorials in settings to see it again).

Even through the interface looks quite simple to accomplish, i put days into it to make it feel smart., however based on your suggestion i can build something even more awesome
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Blechd0se For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Blechd0se Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aero, app, control, kernel

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)