Slacker Radio from leaked TMO HD2

Search This thread

bobafuzz

Aug 6, 2006
I found this over at PPCGeeks, finally be able to get rid of Pandora and its crappy UI =D. But I'm getting weird graphic glitch by the song titles, everything else seems to work well though. Maybe compatibility issue with 6.5.5 can someone try it out with 6.5 rom and see if you have the same issue?

Soft reset after install.

latest version here

Last edited by a moderator:

thevuman

Jan 17, 2009
Does it require a subscription?

no. i just created an account within the app and that was it. works fine, except for the stupid 6 skips per hour limit (like pandora has).

if you want more features, you can upgrade, but the basic features are free and all you really need are basic features... unless you want to look at lyrics or something.

bobafuzz

Aug 6, 2006
I might just reflash to 6.5, the bottom start button must be causing the graphic overlap. You can get around the 6 skips per hour thing by just changing station and change it back instead of using the skip button, couple of extra steps but hey it's free.

sirphunkee

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 15, 2009
Austin, TX
slacker1.jpg
slacker2.jpg
slacker3.jpg
slacker4.jpg
slacker5.jpg
slacker6.jpg
slacker7.jpg
slacker8.jpg

B-Real206

Jul 4, 2009
THANK YOU!!!!!! Works good on sprint TP2 running feb 7 23xxx Energy Rom:D:):D

I see what you mean by graphical glitch it is kind of annoying but I'm loving this and who know maybe someone out there will rip it apart and put it back together for 6.5.x. It's still totally usable! I'm going to assume that I would have to upgrade in order to have favorites or make custom stations.

I just wonder why it's like that I have would have enough room if the pause,skip,etc would just slide down a few millimeters....oh well

Thanks again for putting this up!

Weird after going to the slacker radio website I couldn't even find anything for a windows mobile phone but whatever I just came back to report that if you go to the site you can put together custom stations!!!!! F88K Yeah!!! Better than pandora!!!

Last edited:

bobafuzz

Aug 6, 2006
The graphic glitch is there probably because start and softkeys are bigger in 6.5.x so it's pushing up on the program, it looks perfect in 6.5 though according to those screenshots posted earlier.

B-Real206

Jul 4, 2009
The graphic glitch is there probably because start and softkeys are bigger in 6.5.x so it's pushing up on the program, it looks perfect in 6.5 though according to those screenshots posted earlier.

I figured that much but there is still space there. Not a big deal. This will push pandora to the side. (For me at least) It is just so much more finger friendly and sounds great!

This was the first I even heard of this. I read about the ebook earlier in the week but this was never talked about. I would think this would be a big deal because if you go to slacker radio . com there is no option for ANY type of windows mobile phone...either way a very good find.

roccotrisoliere

Jun 26, 2008
Chicago IL
this is so awesome

:):) thank god for this, it blows pandora away. great UI, great sound quality, and all the info on the band. it is so great. everyone needs this for their tp2.
tp2 needs more apps like this!!!!

gardndj

Aug 1, 2008
Milwaukee
Just wanted to report back from a QVGA device. I can login with my Slacker account just fine and station selection is actually usable. The Now Playing screen cuts off all the player controls and most of the artwork, so you can't actually skip or pause music, but if that doesn't concern you then it works pretty well.

Its probably wishful thinking, but I don't suppose there's any way someone could hack this up for proper qvga?

trex9529

Aug 11, 2008
I can not get is to skip on touch pro

Any touch pro users that have used the app and can make it skip the songs?

rawdigga

Apr 5, 2009
miami
Works with Sprint tp2 stock rom

Just want to report that it's working perfectly on sprint 6.1 stock rom tp2. Sound quality is real good and the next song connects faster than pandora. Only problem right now is this 6 songs skip limitation. I don't think i will be using pandora anymore. Thanks bobafuzz.

mike.elam

Oct 4, 2007
Installed on Sprint TP and player controls are cut off. No way to skip, pause, etc. Plays music well though... Can't wait for a fixed version on VGA.

neilson

Oct 14, 2007
Q

GOODBYE PANDORA!

Looks like I finally understand why Blackberry users had it so good with Slacker Radio, but no more. WM is in the game and we got Slacker Radio just as good as the rest of you.