As I wrote tried both with no root. The first one, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2780597
, I tried multiple times, but it just came up with an error, 'System failed to update'.
How to Root ASUS Zenfone 4
DWYOR (Do With Your Own Risk)
" Download "
01. Intel Usb Driver : https://software.intel.com/en-us/and...devices?page=1
Mirror Devhost: http://d-h.st/VfO
02. File Root (Choose one)
Mediafire : http://www.mediafire.com/?i2w000j7s2wyp9a
Dev-Host : http://d-h.st/kLh
"How to root"
01. Download & Instal Intel Usb Driver
02. Download & Extrack File Root "Root_Zenfone 4_T001.rar" Extrack File must in the same folder
03. Mode Debugging USB (Usb Debugging) is On. (settings/About/Software information touch "Build Number" 7x).
04. Turn off Zenfone 4 and enter to "DROIDBOOT" (Power + Vol Up + Vol Down)
05. plug in Zenfone 4, Make sure On the Screen Mode DROIDBOOT Is Inscribed " Ready for Download"
06. Open the folder that was extracted and klik "OPEN.CMD"
07. type this on cmd: fastboot flash update root_zenfone4_v4.2.0.zip
08. " Enter " wait for processing
09. Your Zenfone 4 now is rooted.
" NOTE "
Perhaps Tutor In Group Or Forum Share To Another But Should Note Writing Credits and Sources The clear failure by where.
Please Dont Reupload Root File.
Abdoel D. Azies [Official Lounge] ASUS Zenfone 4 (INDONESIA)
The next one, http://congnghe.5giay.vn/threads/cac...anh-cong.9694/
which has the root zenfone app, It just hijacked my phone into demo mode, which I then had to complete a factory data reset, on the phone, to get it back to normal.
This a pain in the ass. I'm desperate to root the phone.
Can anyone please help out with an alternative root or let me know how to get either of the two root methods to work?