SOLVED: How to Move the lock screen slider&text to the bottom?

Search This thread

geekyhawkes

May 2, 2007
Can i move the lock screen slider from the top to the bottom somehow?

And before teh "use s2u2" replies start, i have tried it but i just find it too bloated and i like the standard MS lock screen. I just want to move the slider to the bottom of the screen.

Thanks

EDIT: See my last post for my lockscreen file and howto.

Last edited:

DBZero

Apr 9, 2006
So...

So how'd you move the slider to the bottom? I can't belive it's placed at the top originally, it's a bit of a reach and doesn't exactly increase comfort on this huge device.

sharpey

Nov 23, 2008
Folkestone
having just tried the cab to move the slider down i didnt like where it put it so i uninstalled it and now i have no slide to unlock screen at all! i just get the left softkey saying unlock and that takes you to the grey screen with another unlock button which is the old windows style i think... how can i get it back?

geekyhawkes

May 2, 2007
THe way i moved the slider down was to copy

LS_LockScene_480x800.cpr

from \windows\lockscreen

to the SD card. I then edited that on my my pc to change the "top" setting to 450

<Form Width="480" Height="800">

<LS_LockScene ID="Scene">

<Slider ID="LockSlider" Top="450" .............

This places the slider just above the appointments when you have them. Copy the file back into \windows\lockscreen and soft reset.

I will play with the text parameters mentioned above and see if i can get them to move down as well.

EDIT: Sorted thanks, got the text at the right place as well now!!

Ive attached my settings file if anyone wants to give it a try. You will just have to rename the extension from .txt to .cpr then copy it to your \windows\lockscreen folder. (Clearly might be worth making a backup first of your original file incase you want to move the slider back).

Attachments

• LS_LockScene_480x800.txt
    18.1 KB · Views: 431
Last edited:

Maskarade

Dec 28, 2009
Thanks for the good idea :)

Here are the aditional changes based on your post I made for moving some text in the lock screen:

in the same file LS_LockScene_480x800.cpr

find: <Text ID="SlideToUnlock" Top="90"
and replace "90" with "530"
This will move the text "slide" under the button.

find: <Text ID="TapOrSlide" Top="90"
and replace "90" with "530"
This will move the text "tap or slide" (appears when you have missed calls) under the button.

There is only one thing to move down - the icon for missed calls/sms. But at this time I like it at the top of the screen.

twisted-pixel

Feb 9, 2007
having just tried the cab to move the slider down i didnt like where it put it so i uninstalled it and now i have no slide to unlock screen at all! i just get the left softkey saying unlock and that takes you to the grey screen with another unlock button which is the old windows style i think... how can i get it back?

hold down the power button, then select lock

this should bring it back