FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

JUNE 2014:NEW GUIDE Easy Root Without PC + Unlock of LG L9 [No Fastboot] by CMahendra

3,841 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,933
 
By cmahendra, Recognized Contributor on 11th June 2014, 07:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th September 2014, 04:16 PM |#41  
Áurum32's Avatar
Member
Flag Vitoria-Gasteiz
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Doesn't work with v20p. The process goes fine, but when rebooting it isn't rooted.
 
 
21st September 2014, 05:33 AM |#42  
gorilla p's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 2,676
 
Donate to Me
More
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamnewbie

Hi. i am running v20o, and I can't get this (1st post) method to work. i guess i need downgrade?

Hey @cmahendra, we have a few people who followed these instructions and ended up bricking our phones after installing CWM via flashify and are getting the "Security Error".
We can't even get Windows to recognize it. Installed LG Universal drivers and tried LG Mobile Support tool without success..

Could you please lend a hand and perhaps add a disclaimer/warning on the step where CWM is flashed via flashify as it seems to be causing trouble for some. Post is below.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/opti...9#post55576529
21st September 2014, 09:34 AM |#43  
cmahendra's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 4,933
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorilla p

Hey @cmahendra, we have a few people who followed these instructions and ended up bricking our phones after installing CWM via flashify and are getting the "Security Error".
We can't even get Windows to recognize it. Installed LG Universal drivers and tried LG Mobile Support tool without success..

Could you please lend a hand and perhaps add a disclaimer/warning on the step where CWM is flashed via flashify as it seems to be causing trouble for some. Post is below.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/opti...9#post55576529

This is for Unlocked Phone and already tried by myself several times. Instead of blaming me for my little contribution which failed for you, if you take a deep breath and do things right, you can still recover/unbrick your phone. This phone is literally unbrickable. Only thing is if you ask with some respect, many people will come forward to help.
BTW Did you read this warning on opening post?

WARNING
  • READ AND FOLLOW ALL STEPS CAREFULLY
  • This guide may have errors and may not work for some in various scenario. If you report them, I may try to explain or correct your steps.
  • Read properly and DON'T SEND PM, I will simply ignore PM and laugh on you.
  • Phone must have "UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER" or you may Unlock it with the help of another guide in second post below.
  • USE INFORMATION AT YOU OWN RISK.
There are many videos on this like one mentioned below. BTW the screenshots are from my own rooting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqHReI83j_Y
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=lgpawn

This is not the only one video on youtube. Search a bit and you will find many.
22nd September 2014, 04:51 AM |#44  
gorilla p's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 2,676
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmahendra

This is for Unlocked Phone and already tried by myself several times. Instead of blaming me for my little contribution which failed for you, if you take a deep breath and do things right, you can still recover/unbrick your phone. This phone is literally unbrickable. Only thing is if you ask with some respect, many people will come forward to help.
BTW Did you read this warning on opening post?

WARNING

  • READ AND FOLLOW ALL STEPS CAREFULLY
  • This guide may have errors and may not work for some in various scenario. If you report them, I may try to explain or correct your steps.
  • Read properly and DON'T SEND PM, I will simply ignore PM and laugh on you.
  • Phone must have "UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER" or you may Unlock it with the help of another guide in second post below.
  • USE INFORMATION AT YOU OWN RISK.
There are many videos on this like one mentioned below. BTW the screenshots are from my own rooting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqHReI83j_Y
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=lgpawn

This is not the only one video on youtube. Search a bit and you will find many.

Unclench. No blame. Just info.
In regard to asking respectfully, the manner in which I asked is about as respectful as it gets.

" Could you please lend a hand and perhaps add a disclaimer/warning on the step where CWM is flashed via flashify as it seems to be causing trouble for some. Post is below.'
22nd September 2014, 11:52 PM |#45  
AlexRose23's Avatar
Member
Flag Craiova
Thanks Meter: 5
 
Donate to Me
More
Guys, don't fight Instead, we need to find a solution to unlock the bootloadeer for this piece oh sh...t. Otherwise, soon i'll smash it with a hammer.

Sent from my LG-P760 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to AlexRose23 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AlexRose23 Ad-Free
23rd September 2014, 09:08 AM |#46  
gorilla p's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 2,676
 
Donate to Me
More
Agreed. I don't even care about the POS phone, but now this is bothering me
10th October 2014, 01:59 PM |#47  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Newbie to Flashing...question on sequence of steps
MY LG L9 P769, I became sluggish, and was told to flash with custom ROM so here I am trying.

I am a newbie to this whole concept, after searching the forums and web, I cannot really find a guide to tell what to do in which order...so some questions, appreciate the experts response.

1. Will this guide for P769?
2. What is the sequences of steps to flash a custom ROM?
1. Unlock Phone
2. Unlock Bootloader
3. Root phone and install superuser
4. Flash a custom rom
3. My Device is P769, T-Mobile, and it is unlocked by T-Mobile....Do I need to unlock bootloader still?
4. The step 2 unlock bootloader applies for this P769 also?

Thanks in advance
The Following User Says Thank You to indyquad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift indyquad Ad-Free
12th October 2014, 02:38 PM |#48  
BajoPrimate's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sondika
Thanks Meter: 221
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyquad

MY LG L9 P769, I became sluggish, and was told to flash with custom ROM so here I am trying.

I am a newbie to this whole concept, after searching the forums and web, I cannot really find a guide to tell what to do in which order...so some questions, appreciate the experts response.

1. Will this guide for P769?
2. What is the sequences of steps to flash a custom ROM?
1. Unlock Phone
2. Unlock Bootloader
3. Root phone and install superuser
4. Flash a custom rom
3. My Device is P769, T-Mobile, and it is unlocked by T-Mobile....Do I need to unlock bootloader still?
4. The step 2 unlock bootloader applies for this P769 also?

Thanks in advance

Hi indyquad, if your bootloader is not yet unlocked (as I think) , this guide is not for you, this is not for unlock, it's for installing root and recovery in any L9 with unlocked bootloader (as the title says).
Cheers. Good luck.

Sent from my LG P76020p-EUR-XX unlocked and rooted
21st October 2014, 09:18 AM |#49  
engashelpdesk's Avatar
Member
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
This root method work on my wife's P768. After rooting she noticed that the battery is getting hot. I only installed Nofrills CPU and set the cpu to 300 as min and 1008 as max. What should I do or install to resolve the heating problem of the battery?

Thanks in advance
The Following User Says Thank You to engashelpdesk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift engashelpdesk Ad-Free
27th October 2014, 12:11 AM |#50  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Lg security error?
it says lg security error and it doesnt turn on at the final step. please helpp
27th October 2014, 12:30 AM |#51  
Senior Member
Texas, USA and Toronto,Canada
Thanks Meter: 60
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredkay

it says lg security error and it doesnt turn on at the final step. please helpp

Sell your old phone as "not working for part only" on eBay

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk HD
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes