Finally found a good car charger

Search This thread

JManekia

May 20, 2012
Wow!! $28 is pretty pricey for a car charger! I'm not a BlackBerry fan at all, and definitely would NOT give them any money! Not saying that this car charger doesn't work spectacularly, just that I won't be forking over any money to aid BlackBerry in any way. Not trying to be rude to you in any way whatsoever, so please don't take it that way. Just giving my opinion on that company in general, not the charger. For $28 though, there are MANY other excellent options available

SwiftKey'ed from my White Sprint Note 2 using XDA Premium

I did my research and decided that this was the one I wanted, that it was made by Blackberry, a reputed company made the decision easier. I compared to the other brands, and I thought this, along with the one from Motorola was my choices. I went with this, and no I didn't pay $28 dollars for it. I paid $10 or $12, don't remember exactly.

Thanks for your opinion.

I did my research and decided that this was the one I wanted, that it was made by Blackberry, a reputed company made the decision easier. I compared to the other brands, and I thought this, along with the one from Motorola was my choices. I went with this, and no I didn't pay $28 dollars for it. I paid $10 or $12, don't remember exactly.

Thanks for your opinion.

Cool man! As long as you're happy, then that's all that matters anyway!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Will Rickards

Jun 10, 2010
Isn't it the cable mostly that determines the charging? You need one of those non-data charging only cables so that the phone will pull more current? Or am I wrong?

Anyway this charger sounds good and I'll try it. My phone when using GPS with the screen on will eventually have the led blink green and orange meaning it can't charge. It gets hot too.

allisonfranz

Jul 9, 2014
Memphis
Attached charging cables sometimes are no match for the provided cables or certified third-party cable. I use Avantek. Does not provide charging cables but when I use the cables came with my phone I get full charging rate(shown as "AC" rather than "USB" under the phone's status menu).

Psycario

Oct 24, 2014
Attached charging cables sometimes are no match for the provided cables or certified third-party cable. I use Avantek. Does not provide charging cables but when I use the cables came with my phone I get full charging rate(shown as "AC" rather than "USB" under the phone's status menu).

you mean when you use the data transfer cable?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Couldn't find where anyone posted this, especially since search is broken right now.

I have been searching for a good car charger, and have tested several from Monoprice, which ALL eventually quit charging. Finally found this car charger that works perfectly. It is the only charger (that I have used) that can charge my phone faster than the Waze app can drain it. Excellent quality quick charger for $5. I believe it is rated at 950mA. The others were rated at 1A, but evidently that wasn't really the case.

In case the link doesn't work, it is the Motorola Vehicle Power Adapter micro-USB Rapid Rate Charger for $5.06 with free shipping at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Vehicle-Adapter-micro-USB-Charger/dp/B000S5Q9CA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341575986&sr=8-1&keywords=motorola+car+charger

FYI - The charging cable is attached, so it is not a removable micro USB cable. Surely you can tell that from the picture. The clear plastic Motorola emblem glows blue when plugged in, which I thought looked cool (or, "looked chill" for you kiddos :cool: ).
    That is a very widely used car charger and pretty well loved. Personally I use a http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10826&cs_id=1082603&p_id=8858&seq=1&format=2 with a USB cable. Have never had any issues with it dying or failing. It also barely sticks out of my cigarette lighter. Any all in one plug I've ever used has always had a lot of bulk.
    Does the rapid charge really make difference in how fast it charges the phone? If so ill pick one up :)

Sent from my HTC Evo LTE

This is the charger I use also. It works great. What I found is that this charger charges at about the same rate as the supplied HTC AC charger. I've found that anything under approx 850mah takes forever to charge.

You can't go wrong with this charger! :thumbup:

Sent from my LteVo using XDA app
    I just picked up a belkin 2 port charger from walmart yesterday for 12 bucks and it works awesome! It advertises 1amp per port and I would guess its accurate because it charges about 2-3 times faster than a rocketfish one that I believe was only .6 amps. Haven't tried it with 2 devices at once yet but so far id definitely recommend it!

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using the XDA Premium App
    heres mine... Sprint OEM Rapid Charger and you cant beat the price..