[bacon][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

Search This thread

katinatez

Mar 17, 2011
Thanx for your update
OT
I saw a file in "misc." Folder called "cm11 to cm11s".how and when to use/flash this zip..

That file is to install cm11s apps like cameranext, gallery next,screen cast,AudioFx, and gradient lockscreen based of 25r update.

But I have a new zip file that does the same but it's based off 38r One plus one update. Have to upload into same folder later on today.

katinatez

Mar 17, 2011
I was in aroma file manager and I couldn't figure out how to get it open. I was reading Philz thread and it says something about double tab, but I couldn't get one to pop up. That was on the op.
Read entire main thread everything will be clear, I will give you a hint. Aroma file manager has to be set up on your phone first.

Reactions: elrey311

zodiaxe66

Nov 19, 2010
OnePlus 8T
That file is to install cm11s apps like cameranext, gallery next,screen cast,AudioFx, and gradient lockscreen based of 25r update.

But I have a new zip file that does the same but it's based off 38r One plus one update. Have to upload into same folder later on today.

Haa, and I thought it was for an somehow easy switch between cm11 to cm11. Didn't dl the file and looked,just wondered.. :eek:
Anyway thanx

real_sl4cker

Jun 8, 2010
Another update coming, to address the persist partition corruption bug.

I changed from TWRP to your latest Philz version (currently 6.58.7) to have reliable backup/restore functionality.
What does that partition corruption bug mean?

I plan to flash Paranoid Android tonight. May I run into trouble using this recovery?

katinatez

Mar 17, 2011
I changed from TWRP to your latest Philz version (currently 6.58.7) to have reliable backup/restore functionality.
What does that partition corruption bug mean?

I plan to flash Paranoid Android tonight. May I run into trouble using this recovery?

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/10/13/heres-easy-fix-oneplus-one-sudden-death-bug-results-neverending-boot-loops/

No problem running this recovery I use it daily, my next update I am going to add the ability to backup/restore your persist partition but when I find time.

real_sl4cker

Jun 8, 2010
Bye bye IMEI

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/10/13/heres-easy-fix-oneplus-one-sudden-death-bug-results-neverending-boot-loops/

No problem running this recovery I use it daily, my next update I am going to add the ability to backup/restore your persist partition but when I find time.

Well, I just flashed the latest Paranoid Android including PA GApps modular full package after using the recovery option "Wipe all to install new ROM" (or similar) and ended up in a boot loop. After forcing the shutdown, going back into recovery and wiping cache and dalvik cache PA boots but mobile connection is not working. In phone info I see IMEI and IMEI SV "unknown" ... seems like no recovery on the OPO is fine for me ...

EDIT 1:
Tried to restore the backup I made via Online Nandroid Backup before flashing PA and the recovery said "Error while restoring /data". Afterwards I got the boot loop again. After factory reset I can at least boot into a fresh CM11S and have back my mobile connection with IMEI.
Now I'm quite bugged because this is exactly the same issue I had once before with TWRP and nobody could say why. Seems like this only happens to me :( and again I have to set up my phone from scratch.

EDIT 2:
Restoring another backup created 2 days before directly inside the recovery (not via the app) worked. Looks like the /data restore issue comes from the Online Android Backup app somehow ... now I wonder what went wrong while flashing PA ...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Main thread + features + install instructions + dev support
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
    It is a well proven recovery for many phones

It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter
    Read the features, and check if you are missing something

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut

Credits
    • Phil3759 for his awesome recovery
    • Koush for having created and maintaining cwm
    • Cyanogenmod for making all this possible
    • Android-Andi for helping with aroma issue

XDA:DevDB Information
    [bacon][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch, Tool/Utility for the ONEPLUS ONE

Contributors
    katinatez

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 6.59.4
    Stable Release Date: 2015-09-22

Last Updated 2015-09-22

This is flashable through custom recovery, if you prefer fastboot commands extract recovery.img

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot reboot

Changelog
    Code:
    [SIZE="4"]
    2015-09-22
    Updated 6.59.4
    Fixed backup of LOGO partition

2015-09-21
    Updated 6.59.3
    Added f2fs to system partition
    to support 3 partition f2fs backup

2015-05-18
    Updated 6.59.2
    updated f2fs with Jaegeuk Kim repo
    [URL="https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/jaegeuk/f2fs.git/log/?h=linux-3.4"]https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/jaegeuk/f2fs.git/log/?h=linux-3.4[/URL]
    Backup Firmware all 8 partitions, and modem partition named firmware
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modem        /firmware  
    Compatible backup & restore with unofficial twrp v2.8.6.1 in Philz twrp mode
    cm-12.1 kernel
    exfat kernel support 
    f2fs data & cache in fstab
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata     /data           f2fs    rw,noatime,nosuid,nodev,discard,nodiratime,inline_xattr,inline_data,nobarrier,active_logs=4 wait,check,encryptable=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/reserve4
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/cache        /cache          f2fs    rw,noatime,nosuid,nodev,discard,nodiratime,inline_xattr,inline_data,nobarrier,active_logs=4 wait,check

2015-01-31
    Updated 6.59.1
    switched to cm-12.0 kernel for faster loading 
    updated recovery.fstab
    updated f2fs commits

2014-12-14
    add larger font, thanks [user=2661222]@xiaolu[/user]

2014-10-26
    Added CM fix for persist partition
    Added backup/restore of persist partition

2014-10-13
    6.58.7: Source Update and Fixes
    merge NTFS sources into recovery
    add NTFS check binary (ntfsfix)
    compile NTFS binaries as libraries and link them to recovery binary
    spares 500Kb space
    fix compile error when NTFS is disabled

2014-10-11
    Update to developers: v6.58.4
    Fixes building errors and issues related to new CyanogenMod changes

2014-10-05
    Update 6.58.0 
    libtouch_gui 1.42
    CWM 6.0.5.1 
    update sources
    Fix display turned off on auto dim timer:
    Some devices, like Motorola and Nexus, have their screen turned off is brightness is set to 0
    add option to define min brightness value at compile time
    by default, min brightness value is now 10 instead of 0

2014-09-18
    fix install in "Free Browse Mode" from non vold managed volumes

2014-09-14
    Update v6.57.8 
    CWM 6.0.5.1 
    fix for ROM OTA updates generating two install scripts (openrecovery + extendedcommands)
    merge CWM updates to selinux permissions for init services
    fix adb for 3.10 kernel

2014-09-13
    Faster boot
    Fixed usb-otg
    Updated F2FS version 3.4.y

2014-09-03
    Full F2FS Support
    format,mount,read f2fs

Initial Release
    2014-08-28
    CWM 6.0.5.0
    libtouch_gui 1.41
    Aroma File Manager fixed
    Screenshots fixed
    EFS backup
    [/SIZE]
    DOWNLOADS
    Android File Host

I added a couple of more recoveries I built here, but there will be seldom updates if any.
    CWM Full Touch recovery now supports aroma file manager loading.
    And stock bacon recovery has been updated, it's here for those who want to take it back to stock recovery​
    Come and get it new updated recovery, read changelog

Enjoy :D
    Come and get it updated Philz recovery v6.59.1 This update is to address issues with users running on cm-12.0 v.6.59.0 is running on cm-11 kernel and runs great on kitkat but for those that flashed the bacon firmware update required by some rom devs like myself you could not flash these files because of the fstab in recovery. Also once you flash cm-12.0 firmware update; Philz recovery v6.59.0 will take a long time to boot

v.6.59.0 fstab
    Code:
    # Android fstab file.
    #<src>                                         <mnt_point>  <type>  <mnt_flags and options>  <fs_mgr_flags>
    # The filesystem that contains the filesystem checker binary (typically /system) cannot
    # specify MF_CHECK, and must come before any filesystems that do specify MF_CHECK

/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system       /system         ext4    ro,barrier=1                                                    wait
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata     /data           ext4    noatime,nosuid,nodev,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc,errors=panic wait,check,encryptable=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/reserve4
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/cache        /cache          ext4    noatime,nosuid,nodev,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc,errors=panic wait,check
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/persist      /persist        ext4    nosuid,nodev,barrier=1,data=ordered,nodelalloc,nomblk_io_submit,errors=panic wait,check
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot         /boot           emmc    defaults                                                        defaults
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery     /recovery       emmc    defaults                                                        defaults
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc         /misc           emmc    defaults                                                        defaults
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modem        /firmware       vfat    ro,shortname=lower,uid=1000,gid=1026,dmask=227,fmask=337,context=u:object_r:firmware_file:s0        wait

/devices/platform/xhci-hcd                          auto            auto    defaults voldmanaged=usbdisk:auto

/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/reserve4     /reserve4       emmc     default                                                         defaults
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/rpm          /rpm            emmc     default                                                         defaults
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/tz           /tz             emmc     default                                                         defaults
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot   	    /aboot          emmc     default                                                         defaults

/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modemst1     /efs1           emmc    default                                                         defaults
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modemst2     /efs2           emmc    default                                                         defaults

v6.59.1 fstab

Code:
    # Android fstab file.
    #<src>                                         <mnt_point>  <type>  <mnt_flags and options>  <fs_mgr_flags>
    # The filesystem that contains the filesystem checker binary (typically /system) cannot
    # specify MF_CHECK, and must come before any filesystems that do specify MF_CHECK

/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system       /system         ext4    ro,barrier=1                                                    wait
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata     /data           ext4    noatime,nosuid,nodev,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc,errors=panic wait,check,encryptable=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/reserve4
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/cache        /cache          ext4    noatime,nosuid,nodev,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc,errors=panic wait,check
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/persist      /persist        ext4    nosuid,nodev,barrier=1,data=ordered,nodelalloc,nomblk_io_submit,errors=panic wait,check
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot         /boot           emmc    defaults                                                        defaults
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery     /recovery       emmc    defaults                                                        defaults
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc         /misc           emmc    defaults                                                        defaults
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modem        /firmware       vfat    ro,shortname=lower,uid=1000,gid=1026,dmask=227,fmask=337,context=u:object_r:firmware_file:s0        wait

/devices/platform/xhci-hcd                          auto            auto    defaults voldmanaged=usbdisk:auto

/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/reserve4     /reserve4       emmc     default                                                         defaults
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/rpm          /rpm            emmc     default                                                         defaults
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/tz           /tz             emmc     default                                                         defaults
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot   	    /aboot          emmc     default                                                         defaults
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/sbl1         /sbl1           emmc     default                                                         defaults
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/oppodycnvbk  /oppodycnvbk    emmc     default                                                         defaults
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/oppostanvbk  /oppostanvbk    emmc     default                                                         defaults
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/LOGO         /LOGO           emmc     default                                                         defaults
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modemst1     /efs1           emmc     default                                                         defaults
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modemst2     /efs2           emmc     default                                                         defaults

Changelog
    1. updated recovery.fstab
    2. switched to cm-12.0 kernel for faster loading
    3. updated f2fs commits

Enjoy :D