[Kustom][Official] Kustom Komponents

Search This thread

frankmonza

Sep 23, 2014
Kustom Live Wallpaper (KLWP) is the most powerful HD Wallpaper creator ever! KWGT is Widget creator counterpart. Use their awesome WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor to create you own design and display any data you need, at once, and with wonderful animations too (KLWP only)! If you need more info or have questions please use these thread:

Please use this thread to share Kustom Komponents WIPs, Kustom Komponent Screens or links to free Kustom Komponents (komp.zip files)

Komponents are basically presets inside a preset or reusable items, so a way in Kustom to create your own redistributable object. So, for example, let's say you want to create a clock but hide the complexity to the user and enable him to just set the color and the font in use, well, Komponents will do exactly that!

Material Clock Komponent sample: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbvJwPQeTNc
Signal Bar Komponent tutorial: http://kustom.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/434600

Quick reference, how to create a komponent

How to use a Komponent
  • Copy the "komp.zip" file as it is in the SD card under "Kustom/Komponents"
  • Open a preset, press "+" on top right to add a new module
  • Select Komponent -> SD Card and browse for the desired Komponent

Weather Komponents
Since weather komponents are quite a common need i have attached an example one to start with so you can create a new one very very quickly. There are 2 ways to do that:

From PC:
  • Open the attached komp.zip file
  • Replace all the images in the "Bitmaps" folders keeping the same names
  • Save the Zip
  • Done!! If you want also to change title / author either edit the "preset.json" file in the zip or import export as instructions below
From the device:
  • Add the Komponent from your SD card
  • Go inside the Komponent and Inside the "Bitmap Group" with the Advanced Editor
  • Pick a new image for every state listed (so enter the image, press "pick image" and choose the corresponding image)
  • Export with your details / name / description
  • Done!

Attachments

• WeatherIconImage.komp.zip
    625.5 KB · Views: 10,165
  • WeatherFlatSVG.komp.zip
    465 KB · Views: 5,285
Last edited:

ritalin

Sep 28, 2007
Tampa
plus.google.com
Baseline Komponent for the creation of Weather Iconsets

This komponent should be available to all of you in the next update, but if you want it now have at it in the link below.

So this is a fairly straight forward iconset using the well know Climacons glyph set.
There are several reasons I built and released this as an unlocked, free, Komponent.

1st. You can use this as a base to create your own LOCKED/Paid Komponent APKs. You still have to do a bit of work, but all of the code base is already in place for making the right icon show.
2nd. The globals here give you some ideas on what you should be including with your iconset Komponents. Just having a font is OK, but having other stuff like background shapes is better.
3. This is FAR easier to handle in terms of creating weather layouts. You no longer need to go into the code and change wi(icon) to wf(icon, #) for every single icon you have in your forecast list.
Simply add the Komponent, and choose from the DAY dropdown list which you want, Current or Forecast#, the code takes care of the rest.

List of Globals
*Day* (list) - Choose current or forecast day number
*Iconset* (font) Change the icons the Komponent uses easily
*Icon* (color) - Changes the color of the weather icon
*IconSize* (number) Change the size of the weather icon relative to BG
*Outline* (toggle) Change icon to an outline
*Stroke* (number) Change the width of the outline.
*BGStyle* (list) Change background shape (off, square, Circle, Exagon)
*BG* (color) Change the color of the backgroud shape
*Corners* (number) adjust the corner roundness on the BG shape.

Please remember that if you change the font used, you do HAVE TO go into the "Weather Icon" text layer and change the formula to reflect with characters your icons are assigned to.

Attachments

• Weather_Climacons.komp.zip
    21.6 KB · Views: 4,922
Last edited:

StrangerWeather

Recognized Contributor
Jul 18, 2012
Oxford
Google Pixel 7 Pro
This komponent should be available to all of you in the next update, but if you want it now have at it in the link below.

Please remember that if you change the font used, you do HAVE TO go into the "Weather Icon" text layer and change the formula to reflect with characters your icons are assigned to.

Very basic question I know, but how do I install this? I can't find which folder to place it in...

frankmonza

Sep 23, 2014
Very basic question I know, but how do I install this? I can't find which folder to place it in...

Please check post on top, just copy it in the SD card under "Kustom/komponents" (the directory should already be there), then you can add it in the editor as you add a shape or text, just select Komponent -> SD card and browse for this. Since that Komponent is unlocked you will start in simple mode (you will see the tunable options only) but if you want to edit the komponent you can just "unlock" it and see the internals.

Reactions: StrangerWeather

StrangerWeather

Recognized Contributor
Jul 18, 2012
Oxford
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Please check post on top, just copy it in the SD card under "Kustom/komponents" (the directory should already be there), then you can add it in the editor as you add a shape or text, just select Komponent -> SD card and browse for this. Since that Komponent is unlocked you will start in simple mode (you will see the tunable options only) but if you want to edit the komponent you can just "unlock" it and see the internals.

Thanks but precisely the problem is that I don't see a folder called Komponents. I have bitmaps, wallpapers and fonts. That's it.☺

Edit: OK, never mind, I just created it...

Last edited:

frankmonza

Sep 23, 2014
Thanks but precisely the problem is that I don't see a folder called Komponents. I have bitmaps, wallpapers and fonts. That's it.☺

Ooops! The "komponents" folder is not created automatically. I have fixed this on next version, you will have to create it manually this time or just try adding a komponent, select SD card, it will show an empty list but create the folder. Thanks for reporting!!

Reactions: StrangerWeather

Cjeetje63

Nov 15, 2012
Changing weather images

Screenshot_2014-10-29-09-00-42.png

Screenshot_2014-10-29-11-48-32.png

Download Komponent: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g45gl7ac9aex82y/weather_images.komp.zip?dl=0

Last edited:

ritalin

Sep 28, 2007
Tampa
plus.google.com
New Premium Weather Komponent
Soft Elements

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.qlagdesigns.softelements
JbrJT68x8rkuLLX9gTpnX7cgP8EaHqObn2TqwRMJtYa8XZorblKqwOuinahs8kkQG2o=h500-rw
T1tMS662mOm-tkqjIYn-hy68PJL6N_GXNr7XdK69LDgHu8LoCjg4WFzjySqV-M0Nvw=h500-rw
7UXw0GDMyo38XfSlzUP1T0t8W-wryxDw7BYUIGb2X91xc5gT9bRbnLV03GzC1THsEIg=h500-rw

GlJvU6pUMzXrk--1X3fuEfxb0I97gzgRnhjYAp9rSgOhMMyqXkupmUGDgX0Kbc7J4g=h500-rw
aTLRGfuBVvLuhcUqW0tIucf78wV2bn3hyICweoQwQGkymh7bMkafg620XBskflWLHAo=h500-rw
RQpYbuK-Vb-4JX6vr_qdk1l2-KaoVHHGhr2RdOkozMZh3NABKA3H9QReFWB69Gjaw3U=h500-rw

This is the first of many weather iconset komponents, I will be releasing.

This Komponent takes the "Kitchen Sink" approach to its design. Thats to say that there are a large number of GLOBALS, to allow you to take my icon design and make it your own. All in all there are 30 globals for customization. Allowing you to change everything from the size of the icon, its color, its design, to the shape, color and other special characteristics of background shapes.
*LIST OF GLOBALS:*
Code:
[B]*ICON GLOBALS*[/B]
1. Day 
2. Icon Color
3. Icon Rendering Mode
4. Icon Size
5. Outline (Fill, Outline, Combined
6. Stroke Width
7. Stoke Color
8. Stroke Rendering Mode

[B]*BACKGROUND SHAPE GLOBALS*[/B]
1. Shape Style (NONE, Square, Circle, Exagon)
2. Corner rounding
3. Background Color
4. Background Gradient Type
5. Gradient color
6. Gradient Width
7. Gradient Offset
8. Gradient Center X
9. Gradient Center Y
10. Shadow On/Off
11. Shadow Blur
12. Shadow Direction
13. Shadow Distance
14. Shadow Color

[B]*BACKGROUND SHAPE BORDER GLOBALS*[/B]
1. Border On/Off
2. Stroke Width
3. Stroke Color
4. Stroke Gradient Type 
5. Stroke Gradient Color
6. Stroke Gradient Width
7. Stroke Gradient Offset
8. Stroke Gradient Center X
9. Stroke Gradient Center Y

ritalin

Sep 28, 2007
Tampa
plus.google.com
Media App Iconset.

*Media Icon Komponent is live in the playstore*

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.qlagdesigns.mediaapps

*Since Im offering this up for free, do me a favor and rate the app.*

This Komponent allows you to display an icon of the currently selected Music source.
There are a total of 40 different media apps that are supported by this iconset.
Additionally there are two other icons to handle apps that do not have their own icon.
1- A generic media icon, that appears only when none of the package name checks in the string are true.
2- A special icon that only displays if Media Utilities renders a null output for current package name. This icon is useful to relay the fact that a source needs to be choose.

This Komponent is UNLOCKED you can do with it as you like, so long as your follow two conditions.
1. You may NOT repackage this as your own Komponent and attempt to sell it.
2. If you use this in your own project and decide to sell said project, please provide attribution.

*IMPORTANT INFO*
This Komponents code uses Media Utilities to provide the package name of the current app in use. When Kustom builds this feature directly into the app, I will update this Komponent to reflect the new variables.

The Playstore version of Media Utilities is no longer being updated and does not seem to function with this Komponent. You need the latest build meant for KitKat, v153. You will need to side load this apk. The files can be found on the Media Utilities Beta Community page. https://plus.google.com/communities/103994832080931061321

L1EswNFEwK2XVL_li5NVk4oN1AiZWhvZr-p5RkjHuVK0nPi7KCP_hIZ6H6c3VHXEMeo=h900-rw

KSymbolSet for Kustom

This is a Set of Symbols and Signals as Komponents made for the app 'Kustom Live Wallpaper'.
The Sets starts with 4 Symbols/Signals and will be continously extended.

Alarm/Battery/Cell-Wifi Signals/MusicStatus

Possible Settings:

WMAlarmSymbol:
MainClr: Color for the Symbol when Alarm is active
OffColor: Color for the Symbol when Alarm is off.

WMCellSignal:
MainClr: Color for the Symbol
OffColor: Color for the Symbol when Mobile Network is off.

WMWifiSignal:
MainClr: Color for the Symbol
OffColor: Color for the Symbol when Wifi is off.

WMBatterySymbol:
MainClr: Color of Symbol
WarnClr: Color of Symbol when WarnPerc reached
FullClr: Color of Symbol when FullPerc reached
FlashClr:Color of the Flash when charging
WarnPerc: Percentage when you will be warned.
FullPerc: Percentage when Battery is full
FullType: Type of Sysmbol ON Filled Symbol, OFF stroked Symbol.

WMMusicStatus
playclr: Color for PlayButton
pauseclr: Color for pauseButton
You need Media-Utilities:

Attachments

• ks01.png
    ks01.png
    209.5 KB · Views: 3,249
  • ks02.png
    ks02.png
    228.7 KB · Views: 3,204
Last edited:

frankmonza

Sep 23, 2014

Ultra configurable National Geographic picture of the day Komponent by Carla Jacobs.

How to use?
  • Copy the Komponent in the sdcard under "kustom/komponents" (folder should be already there) or import it from the app (pressing "+" to add a Komponent and then the "+" on bottom left and click "import" to select it from your phone memory)
  • Create a preset or start from a builtin one
  • Press "+" on top right to add a new item
  • Select the Komponent
  • Configure parameters as you like, scale, reposition and so on. Loading the images might take some time (so save it and go to your home to see it in action)

Attachments

• Random_NG_potd.komp.zip
    192.2 KB · Views: 679

macanovic88

Feb 8, 2011
Zagreb
Hi Frank! First I want to thank you for this masterpiece, one of the best apps I've used on android. I just have one question. Is changing weather icons available only in paid version?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Kustom Live Wallpaper (KLWP) is the most powerful HD Wallpaper creator ever! KWGT is Widget creator counterpart. Use their awesome WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor to create you own design and display any data you need, at once, and with wonderful animations too (KLWP only)! If you need more info or have questions please use these thread:

Please use this thread to share Kustom Komponents WIPs, Kustom Komponent Screens or links to free Kustom Komponents (komp.zip files)

Komponents are basically presets inside a preset or reusable items, so a way in Kustom to create your own redistributable object. So, for example, let's say you want to create a clock but hide the complexity to the user and enable him to just set the color and the font in use, well, Komponents will do exactly that!

Material Clock Komponent sample: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbvJwPQeTNc
    Signal Bar Komponent tutorial: http://kustom.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/434600

Quick reference, how to create a komponent

How to use a Komponent
    • Copy the "komp.zip" file as it is in the SD card under "Kustom/Komponents"
    • Open a preset, press "+" on top right to add a new module
    • Select Komponent -> SD Card and browse for the desired Komponent

Weather Komponents
    Since weather komponents are quite a common need i have attached an example one to start with so you can create a new one very very quickly. There are 2 ways to do that:

From PC:
    • Open the attached komp.zip file
    • Replace all the images in the "Bitmaps" folders keeping the same names
    • Save the Zip
    • Done!! If you want also to change title / author either edit the "preset.json" file in the zip or import export as instructions below
    From the device:
    • Add the Komponent from your SD card
    • Go inside the Komponent and Inside the "Bitmap Group" with the Advanced Editor
    • Pick a new image for every state listed (so enter the image, press "pick image" and choose the corresponding image)
    • Export with your details / name / description
    • Done!
    jKrZgFu.jpg

Flexycon! Feel free to use :D

DOWNLOAD: HERE
    Baseline Komponent for the creation of Weather Iconsets

So this is a fairly straight forward iconset using the well know Climacons glyph set.
    There are several reasons I built and released this as an unlocked, free, Komponent.

1st. You can use this as a base to create your own LOCKED/Paid Komponent APKs. You still have to do a bit of work, but all of the code base is already in place for making the right icon show.
    2nd. The globals here give you some ideas on what you should be including with your iconset Komponents. Just having a font is OK, but having other stuff like background shapes is better.
    3. This is FAR easier to handle in terms of creating weather layouts. You no longer need to go into the code and change wi(icon) to wf(icon, #) for every single icon you have in your forecast list.
    Simply add the Komponent, and choose from the DAY dropdown list which you want, Current or Forecast#, the code takes care of the rest.

List of Globals
    *Day* (list) - Choose current or forecast day number
    *Iconset* (font) Change the icons the Komponent uses easily
    *Icon* (color) - Changes the color of the weather icon
    *IconSize* (number) Change the size of the weather icon relative to BG
    *Outline* (toggle) Change icon to an outline
    *Stroke* (number) Change the width of the outline.
    *BGStyle* (list) Change background shape (off, square, Circle, Exagon)
    *BG* (color) Change the color of the backgroud shape
    *Corners* (number) adjust the corner roundness on the BG shape.

Ultra configurable National Geographic picture of the day Komponent by Carla Jacobs.

How to use?
    • Copy the Komponent in the sdcard under "kustom/komponents" (folder should be already there) or import it from the app (pressing "+" to add a Komponent and then the "+" on bottom left and click "import" to select it from your phone memory)
    • Create a preset or start from a builtin one
    • Press "+" on top right to add a new item
    • Select the Komponent
    • Configure parameters as you like, scale, reposition and so on. Loading the images might take some time (so save it and go to your home to see it in action)