12th October 2014, 06:50 PM |#641  
Thanks Meter: 96

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by btiu

Android version 2.3.5
Kernel version 2.6.35.7
this is a mocordroid with an ARM cortex A5 1Ghz dual core cpu (but the second core is disabled for some reason)
Did you mean this? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2598481
And yes I do have a unix PC available

Hmmm, hadn't noticed that post yet...interesting, but a bit outdated.
I have since updated bootscript.sh quite a bit, and incorporated those updates into my own (pre-beta) partition mounting script that I have hosted on my server under the name masterbootscript.sh.
Assuming you were to use my script, you would need to:
#1: Have an SD card with enough space to house your new LinuxOnAndroid distro. partition
#2: Copy your LinuxOnAndroid image file you intend to use to a Linux/Unix PC
#3: Format the 2nd partition on your SD card (on the PC) to a filesystem your kernel supports (probably ext2 for your particular device)
#4: Mount the newly formatted sd card partition to /partition on your PC
#5: Mount the image file to /image on your PC
#6: In a terminal session on your PC, su to root, then use the command: cp -aR /image/* /partition
#7: Unmount both the image & the partition on your PC
#8: Move SD card to your android device.
#9: Download http://www.robherc.com/hosted/linuxo...rbootscript.sh to the /data/data/com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid/files folder on your android.
#10: Chmod that downloaded file to 0755
#11: From a rooted terminal on the android, execute /data/data/com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid/files/masterbootscript.sh & follow the on-screen prompts to select the partition you're wanting to run your linux distro. from.

NOTICE: The masterbootscript.sh file is still considered to be a PRE-BETA release, meaning that while it has worked on all tested devices so far, it still isn't ready to be considered as a "release candidate," and I'm not responsible if your device gets messed up while using it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robherc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift robherc Ad-Free

29th October 2014, 08:27 PM |#642  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
This is amazing!

Got Arch Linux Full running on my note 2.

One Question: How do I access my mounted SD card? It's giving me permission problems, and I can't seem to change the owner or permissions.

Can only access on root account, but not archlinux.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
31st October 2014, 07:43 PM |#643  
North Potomac
Thanks Meter: 1,078

More
Hi. Just curious to see if anyone has gotten LOA to work on Note 4. Thinking of getting one but it is a no go without LOA working.
1st November 2014, 04:35 PM |#644  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
busyboX problem
Hi,
i have this problem
[email protected]:/ $
[email protected]:/ $ cd /sdcard/ubuntu
[email protected]:/sdcard/ubuntu $ su
sh /data/data/com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid/files/bootscript.sh /sdcard/ubuntu/ubuntu.img
sh /data/data/com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid/files/bootscript.sh /sdcard/ubuntu/ubuntu.img
[email protected]:/storage/emulated/legacy/ubuntu # sh /data/data/com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid/files/bootscript.sh /sdcard/ubuntu/ubuntu.img
MD5 file found, use to check .img file? (y/n)
y
Validating image checksum... /data/data/com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid/files/bootscript.sh[81]: /data/data/com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid/files/busybox: Permission denied
FAILED!
Error: Checksum failed! The image is corrupted!
1|[email protected]:/storage/emulated/legacy/ubuntu #
the app have permission root. I have reinstalling busybox from launch, but not work.
i have change permission in folder data/data/com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid/files/ in 0777, but not work.
thanks
3rd November 2014, 05:59 AM |#645  
I have installed complete Linux installers on my note 3 which is having android 4.4.2 Dr. Ketan rom, I have downloaded small image of Ubuntu 12.04 after connection to vnc it's showing white image only(screen shot attached)
I am using bVNC free app
What wrong I am doing and does small image is having desktop gui

Edit - I tried installing gnome desktop but it says no space left on device, but there is much space available in internal storage
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-11-03-10-36-10.png
Views:	457
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	2996812   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-11-03-10-36-00.png
Views:	433
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	2996813  
5th November 2014, 08:55 PM |#646  
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhnet

Thanks for being so helpful and taking time to reply to us!

Actually I got to know about selinux from what you explained several posts back. . I was thinking.. if I can run a script with "selinux enforcing" and the custom slimkat (kk) rom I'm using is actually running on JB kernel, so maybe the "selinux" not properly working with me. But, what you explained could be the case. It would be nice, if someone can confirm that the "script" method works in a Stock KK rom.

Edit: I can run the script even after commenting out the first "setenforce=0" line. Maybe selinux not working in my rom as intended..

Init.sh had the "external-sd" typo which I corrected, but it didn't solve the issue. (In fact, I was accessing external_sd without problems in JB even with that typo, I think). But now the problem is, BOTH the /sdcard and /external_sd are not accessible without root. Googled a bit, and found this solution (and I'm learning quite a lot btw.. ).

Problem was the permissions. If I do "ls -ld /sdcard" it shows that "root" is the owner and GID is 1028. But, in init.sh sdcard-rw group is added with GID 1015. Although user "ubuntu" was added to the sdcard-rw group, "ubuntu" can't access /sdcard because of GID mismatch. That part of init.sh..

Code:
# Fix for sdcard read/write permissions by Barry flanagan
chown ubuntu /external_sd/
groupadd -g 1015 sdcard-rw
usermod -a -G sdcard-rw ubuntu
So, the solution is to modify the sdcard-rw group with the correct GID. For that..
Code:
groupmod -g 1028 sdcard-rw
..at terminal prompt. (Add sudo if doing in vnc). Exit and start ubuntu again. Now both sd cards are accessible without root.

Now if I do...
Code:
[email protected]:/# ls -ld /sdcard
drwxrwx--x. 76 root sdcard-rw 4096 May 29 16:33 /sdcard
.. /sdcard owner is root, but sdcard-rw group has access. (Pardon if I'm using wrong linux geeky terminology , I'm still learning ). No idea why the GID changed from 1015 in JB to 1028 in KK??

Off topic: doing "su ubuntu" at terminal (root) prompt lets us to type/work as user "ubuntu" there. I find vnc quite difficult when it comes to typing things in cli. (su=substitute user). Just sharing this..

I think this solution for mounting sd card should be added to FAQ
7th November 2014, 01:46 AM |#647  
Flag From the South :)
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyh

I have installed complete Linux installers on my note 3 which is having android 4.4.2 Dr. Ketan rom, I have downloaded small image of Ubuntu 12.04 after connection to vnc it's showing white image only(screen shot attached)
I am using bVNC free app
What wrong I am doing and does small image is having desktop gui

Edit - I tried installing gnome desktop but it says no space left on device, but there is much space available in internal storage

That's because no matter how much memory you have on your device the default memory size for the Linux distributions using the app is around 2-4 gigabytes. Plus the memory the OS takes up can be anywhere from 500 megabytes 2 gigabyte depending on which version you get. And they always leave you a gig and a half to work with. Except for Fedora for some reason it only leaves you with seven hundred megabytes of free space. In your case yours would be a 2 gigabyte image with 500 megs going to the desktop environment and stuff like that and the rest going to empty storage you can use. Hope that helps hit the thumbs up button if I helped you.
20th November 2014, 11:09 AM |#648  
Flag Tucuman
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hello: I'm trying, and PLEASE tell me if I can't do it because I don't want to brick my phone, Kali Linux with Complete Linux on Android. So far I have one .img for ext2 the BASIC one that has almost 700MB compressed, uncompressed is about 3.7X GB. My phone is rooted of course and my SD card is particioned I don't know in what format to be honest, I thought I particioned in EXT3 but when using Link2SD took it in EXT2.
Anyway, in terminal when I try to install Kali, I get a line that can't find bootscript.sh and says not found, also loop.
Since I'm a big noob at this, could someone point me to a tutorial for newbies, dummies or beginners that I can follow step by step.
Thanks!!
To Developers, what a fantastic app!!
27th November 2014, 04:13 PM |#649  
Flag From the South :)
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I've tried practically every distribution of Linux that app supports from the SourceForge page and the MD 5 file always says they're corrupt is that why I'm having problems with Every single compatible Linux distribution. ( ie KDE plasma making the applications list completely vanish when you install a program or how I'm unable to install sound drivers to ubuntu small without making the desktop environment completely unusable) I've just started out learning about MD 5 checksum and how it can help determine if a file was corrupted during the download process. And it seems like at least in my experience that all of those compatible ext4 files has something wrong with them. I would love it if someone made their own that would be compatible with that app so I can finally use Linux the way it was intended.
1st December 2014, 03:03 PM |#650  
Flag Thimphu
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Problems running archlinux core image on galaxy nexus gsm
I'm getting this output (below). archlinux is running to an extent as the output shows, but there are lots of errors mentioning no user defined mount points as well as "LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored" errors. vnc viewer also fails at the point of entering the password. I've tried to specify mount points like /data/local/mnt/dev/pts without success. Any pointers will be most welcome.

--------------------------------------------------------
[email protected]:/ $
[email protected]:/ $ cd /sdcard/archlinux
[email protected]:/sdcard/archlinux $ su
sh /data/data/com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid/files/bootscript.sh /sdcard/archlinux/archlinux-CORE.ext4.img
sh /data/data/com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid/files/bootscript.sh /sdcard/archlinux/archlinux-CORE.ext4.img
cript.sh /sdcard/archlinux/archlinux-CORE.ext4.img <
Checking loop device... FOUND
mount: mounting /storage on /data/local/mnt/external_sd failed: Invalid argument
No user defined mount points
net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libsigchain.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
Using config file /root/cfg/archlinux-CORE.ext4.img.config
Config file loaded
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libsigchain.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.

New 'localhost:0 (archlinux)' desktop is localhost:0

Starting applications specified in /home/archlinux/.vnc/xstartup
Log file is /home/archlinux/.vnc/localhost:0.log

chmod: cannot access '/android/': No such file or directory

If you see the message 'New 'X' Desktop is localhost:0' then you are ready to VNC into Arch Linux..

If connection from a different machine on the same network as the android device use the address below:

If using androidVNC, change the 'Color Format' setting to 24-bit colour, and once you've VNC'd in, change the 'input mode' to touchpad (in settings)
PRNG is not seeded

To shut down the Linux environment, just enter 'exit' at this terminal - and WAIT for all shutdown routines to finish!

[[email protected] /]# exit
exit
Killing Xvnc process ID 14336
Xvnc seems to be deadlocked. Kill the process manually and then re-run
/usr/bin/vncserver -kill :0
to clean up the socket files.
Shutting down Linux ARM
umount: can't umount /data/local/mnt/external_sd: Invalid argument
umount: can't umount /data/local/mnt/dev: Invalid argument
1|[email protected]:/storage/emulated/legacy/archlinux #
3rd December 2014, 11:12 PM |#651  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Lollipop Question
Hi list,

Has anyone tried linuxonandroid under Android Lollipop?

Having a couple of problems...

1. Sound stopped working. Alsa reports no sound card. Sound works fine outside the chroot.

2. the /system/bin/am command no longer works inside the chroot. Works fine in a terminal outside the chroot.

Anyone have an tips I can try?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)