FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Is there any interest for a 4.4 KitKat ROM for the D2G?

21 posts
Thanks Meter: 17

By lcallahan7, Junior Member on 8th November 2013, 05:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th May 2014, 10:46 AM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcallahan7

If there is any interest, I could try to work on making one. KitKat is made to run on devices with at least half a gig of RAM, and that's what the D2G has, so it should be a really smooth ROM.

I need your help.
i am sorry .i,am a Chinese.I can"t speak English well.
I want this ROM.
我希望您能做一个,我真的很想体验一下KitKat,对于您的努力我会很感谢!!

6th October 2014, 07:36 PM |#62  
Flag boston
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcallahan7

If there is any interest, I could try to work on making one. KitKat is made to run on devices with at least half a gig of RAM, and that's what the D2G has, so it should be a really smooth ROM.

any news? maybe to port a cm10 rom first is better. anyone wants to try to port it?

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by npz

I've looked into this myself a while ago and it appears that the only limitation is the kernel, and having to forward port all the omap3 hardware hals from gb/ics.

From google's website:

It appears that Google utilizes KSM and zRAM on low memory devices, but we cannot compile these drivers because of locked kernel. Not sure why no one has ported 2ndboot yet from milestone2 or defy.. because that would greatly enhance our device's performance.

That's my 2c on it.

a lot of people have tried to port the cm10 from the ms2, but it can't work except the recovery because of the locked kernel of the d2 cm10 rom. maybe we should port cm10 or 11 from another device
6th October 2014, 07:47 PM |#63  
Thanks Meter: 107

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shulinbao

any news? maybe to port a cm10 rom first is better. anyone wants to try to port it?

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

a lot of people have tried to port the cm10 from the ms2, but it can't work except the recovery because of the locked kernel of the d2 cm10 rom. maybe we should port cm10 or 11 from another device

Milestone 2's 2ndboot indeed does work on D2G as it's hardware is as similar as you can get, but I only got so far until I ran into kernel issues (kernel would lock up when initializing display) that I didn't bother to debug. The turnaround time for testing kernels is substantially longer than a native device, and I don't have that much time or interest.
7th October 2014, 03:24 PM |#64  
Flag boston
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by npz

Milestone 2's 2ndboot indeed does work on D2G as it's hardware is as similar as you can get, but I only got so far until I ran into kernel issues (kernel would lock up when initializing display) that I didn't bother to debug. The turnaround time for testing kernels is substantially longer than a native device, and I don't have that much time or interest.

yes you are right, anyone who wants to port cm10 to d2g will meet kernel issues. i love d2g very much and i really want to port it to d2g, but i can't fix this problem.......... it seems that i have a bad skill to port it. maybe i should learn something more...
5th November 2014, 01:50 AM |#65  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
If someone can make this possible, I'd absolutely love to use it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)