[Android] KaiserDroid eclair 2.1 WIFI, GPS NAND/HaRET also for Vogue, Polaris Beta1.1

Do you run android from NAND?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

slm4996

Dec 5, 2007
homecncfun.com
First off this would not be possible without the work of many devs in many places. Some of the builds that have really helped get this done:

The base build I started with:
[Android] Eclair 2.1 by mssmison

Builds/Devs that helped me get this far:
polymod 2.1 alpha 4 by polyrhythmic that is itself is based on openeclair 1.1.5
dzo, wesgarner, ctso, many more who have contributed to openeclair

Please try both of these and My build and post your results, I want to know what works and what doesn't. It also will help to know what works better on whose build.

Here it is folks Android running from NAND on your kaiser/tilt!

What works:
WIFI - you no longer need a calibration file from Windows Mobile.
GPS
Phone
Sleep
Battery - See here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=5695425&postcount=126

What doesn't:
Bluetooth? I have random results still
Camera
Youtube
Jbed - read thread for working install and instructions

I am in no way liable for whatever may happen to you or your phone!
This will erase/replace windows mobile.

How to get it:

Step one:
If you do not have the latest nbh get dzo's from here:
http://it029000.massey.ac.nz/vogue/files/?C=M;O=D
or vilord's
http://sourceforge.net/projects/androidhtc/files/
and flash it to your phone.

Step two:
Perform a hard reset on the phone, then remove the battery.

Step three:
Download my package and place the androidinstall.tar in the andboot folder on the root of your sd card.
Old link for reference only -Version 1.0
Old link for reference only -Version 1.1 Update Patch
Pre-Patched Version 1.1
Place your sd card in your phone put the battery back in and power it on.
Watch the screen and once it tells you to press and hold the D-Pad center button (do it fast!).
Choose the install option and answer "Yes" when it asks to clear your data.

Step four:
Choose quit and wait for the big green android!
If you get a second google account setup screen after entering your info once just hit the home button or reboot.

*notes*
Starting wifi during the initial setup works but the setup app FC's and goes back to the start wifi screen. The wifi actually does start but you cannot choose a network until you complete setup.

You must have a sd card to boot (not with vilord's kernel)

LCD density is set to 160 as I believe with a 320x480 nbh yields the best usability and market selection.

I the screen flips the wrong way instead of going back to portrait mode open "spare parts" and uncheck "launcher rotation"
(you can also go to Settings "Sound and Display" and uncheck Orientation")

(Works on polaris and vogue as well)

To report, view, and track bugs with KaiserDroid just go to http://bugs.homecncfun.com . You can either Signup for an Account (preferred) or Login Anonymously

If you like my work consider donating to my Gadget Fund:
DONATE

Last edited:

aqtrans

Oct 7, 2007
Typo in your link, looks like it's missing the "h" at the beginning (thanks to your sig for the clue haha). I'm downloading it now, going to try it out and report back with the results.

aqtrans

Oct 7, 2007
Just got it setup, some things I've noticed so far:
  • Setup Wizard got stuck in an infinite loop right after setting up my Google Account. It signed me in, started syncing just fine, but the next screen asked me to setup a Google Account again. Signing in led me to another Google Account setup page. A reboot fixes this though.
  • Might want to note that your build.prop has the lcd.density set to 160, most NAND builds I've ran have had it set to 120 or 113 or had a choice.
  • So far it's been a lot faster than other Eclair builds I've tried! :D Awesome work!

slm4996

Dec 5, 2007
homecncfun.com
Just got it setup, some things I've noticed so far:
  • Setup Wizard got stuck in an infinite loop right after setting up my Google Account. It signed me in, started syncing just fine, but the next screen asked me to setup a Google Account again. Signing in led me to another Google Account setup page. A reboot fixes this though.
  • Might want to note that your build.prop has the lcd.density set to 160, most NAND builds I've ran have had it set to 120 or 113 or had a choice.
  • So far it's been a lot faster than other Eclair builds I've tried! :D Awesome work!

Thanks for the feedback, I'll add some more notes to the 1st post.
I don't normally have a sim in until after I get it setup and tested so I just skip the initial setup so i must have missed that.

dcarr622

Oct 18, 2008
dcarr.io
How does the speed of this build compare to polyrhythmic's? I tried that and unfortunately it was unbearably slow even off NAND. I guess it's back to WinMo for a little while :)

slm4996

Dec 5, 2007
homecncfun.com
screen rotation

I the screen flips the wrong way instead of going back to portrait mode do this:

open "spare parts" uncheck "launcher rotation"

j101399j

Aug 5, 2008
Dallas, TX
Ho do I know which .nbh file to use? There are so many of them.
For instance:
kaisimg-panel2-320-15-02-10.nbh
kaisimg-panel1-320-tilt-15-02-10.nbhWhat is the difference between the two?
What does the following stand for:

1. The panel2 and panel1
  2. 320 or 480
You get the picture... Basically - how do I know which one fits my device?

Thanks,
Eran

#1 check a default.txt that you used in the past to see what your panel type is, nobody can tell you what you have. I have a tilt and use panel 2. You may need to pick one and try, if the colors are messed up, try another

#2 the 320 is a resolution of 240X320 and the 480 is a resolution of 320X480

I always use the 320X480; then edit the /system/build.prop file to make the lcd.density 160; makes it close to 240X320 but you get all of the market apps

@ slm4996 any chance of getting this as a HaRET compatable? I have some programs that require I have windows, so I can't NAND now; and I would like to try this one out

samtruman

Mar 2, 2007
Rome
INT Maps Navigation

I check your tar and i notice tha inside app folder there isn't Google Maps, Nav launcher and so on, it's possible to add it manually, importing the right apks inside the folder, and if it's possible where i can find the apks?

P.s. Your old build is great, as soon as my phone return from repairing, I will be glad to try this new baby...

slm4996

Dec 5, 2007
homecncfun.com
#1 check a default.txt that you used in the past to see what your panel type is, nobody can tell you what you have. I have a tilt and use panel 2. You may need to pick one and try, if the colors are messed up, try another

Correct, couldn't have said it better.

#2 the 320 is a resolution of 240X320 and the 480 is a resolution of 320X480
I always use the 320X480; then edit the /system/build.prop file to make the lcd.density 160; makes it close to 240X320 but you get all of the market apps

If you get the 480 version my build.prop lcd.density is already set to 160. (@j101399j great minds think alike)

@ slm4996 any chance of getting this as a HaRET compatable? I have some programs that require I have windows, so I can't NAND now; and I would like to try this one out

Give me about 15 minutes for a test version to upload and then:
http://homecncfun.com/android/KaiserDroid-1.0-haret.zip
new version
http://homecncfun.com/android/KaiserDroid-1.1-haret.zip
Please test both.
Please note that you will have to do a install the first time you run haret so be sure to watch for the prompt to hold D-pad center.

Last edited:

slm4996

Dec 5, 2007
homecncfun.com
I check your tar and i notice tha inside app folder there isn't Google Maps, Nav launcher and so on, it's possible to add it manually, importing the right apks inside the folder, and if it's possible where i can find the apks?

P.s. Your old build is great, as soon as my phone return from repairing, I will be glad to try this new baby...

Unless you are across the big pond google maps should install from the Market. Navstarter I can look into.

slm4996

Dec 5, 2007
homecncfun.com
Inclusion/removal of apps?

Should I add or remove any apps out of the default build?

So far we have requests for:
Google maps
Navstarter

I'm not sure how I feel about including maps since it can be downloaded from the Market on this build...

samtruman

Mar 2, 2007
Rome
Should I add or remove any apps out of the default build?

So far we have requests for:
Google maps
Navstarter

I'm not sure how I feel about including maps since it can be downloaded from the Market on this build...

My intention is to have the modiefied version of Google Maps with Nav launcher, 'cause I'm from Italy and in Europe Google Maps don't have the navigation enabled, we must use maps4.0.0-brut4.apk to enable it.
I have tried to put it insiede your old build but without success, it doesn't let me install the needed file to get it working, maybe i forget to put something else needed...i'll try with the new one as soon as possible....

The files that i'm writing about are inside OptionalApps pack of last poly builds...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.