Thanks Meter: 66,530

By Scott, Retired Recognized Developer on 7th October 2013, 11:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th November 2014, 03:38 AM |#1241  
Flag Lone Star State
Thanks Meter: 3,042

Donate to Me
More
Good news for everyone! The .dat files should be going by the wayside. This is exciting news for this and other projects since it will bring the firmware ota package back to a standard file system format! That means that post compilation edits are able to be performed. I've confirmed with personal builds for N5 and N7.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GROGG88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GROGG88 Ad-Free
11th November 2014, 04:00 AM |#1242  
Thanks Meter: 183

More
Just to list out a few minor quirks and issues:
  • Keyboard sounds are Jelly-Beanish (or was it ICS?)
  • Other UI sounds are outdated as well
  • No gesture swiping on AOSP keyboard.
  • Gapps provided does not include maps permission (thus Google Plus and probably Maps cannot be installed).

Basically I do not understand why the AOSP tree always has outdated audio/media, someone please enlighten me.
11th November 2014, 04:06 AM |#1243  
Flag Ventura, Ca
Thanks Meter: 415

More
Just installed. So far no issues at all. Root working fine. Sooo smooth. Great work. :thumbup:
11th November 2014, 04:15 AM |#1244  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Fargo

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by limzm

Just to list out a few minor quirks and issues:

• Keyboard sounds are Jelly-Beanish (or was it ICS?)
  • Other UI sounds are outdated as well
  • No gesture swiping on AOSP keyboard.
  • Gapps provided does not include maps permission (thus Google Plus and probably Maps cannot be installed).

Basically I do not understand why the AOSP tree always has outdated audio/media, someone please enlighten me.

People Often confuse stock Google Images with AOSP.

They are not the same.

They are no more the same than HTC Sense and AOSP or Touchwiz and AOSP.

AOSP is the ground base for all Android. Then google adds a littel twist to it, HTC adds a twist, Samsung, etc.

HAve you ever noticed that Nexus devices say "Pure Google" and not "Pure Android?"

Think about it.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Scott Ad-Free
11th November 2014, 04:27 AM |#1245  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Can i flash the bootloader via twrp? Or is it through fastboot?

Edit: NVM found the answer... Is it propietary to flash the new bootloader? It's just that i don't have my laptop with me...

From mine to yours... SlimflO!!
11th November 2014, 04:32 AM |#1246  
Flag Fargo

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abjexstallion

Can i flash the bootloader via twrp? Or is it through fastboot?

What does the OP say?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Scott Ad-Free
11th November 2014, 04:40 AM |#1247  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler

What does the OP say?

Yup... Fixed my post. Since i can't update the bootloader, i still can flash this ROM with the old one? Sorry if it's been asked already...

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

Sorry if i didn't express correctly, since i don't have a PC, is there a flashable 4.04 bootloader via TWRP? Again, thanks...

11th November 2014, 05:03 AM |#1248  
Thanks Meter: 183

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler

People Often confuse stock Google Images with AOSP.

They are not the same.

They are no more the same than HTC Sense and AOSP or Touchwiz and AOSP.

AOSP is the ground base for all Android. Then google adds a littel twist to it, HTC adds a twist, Samsung, etc.

HAve you ever noticed that Nexus devices say "Pure Google" and not "Pure Android?"

Think about it.

Thanks @scrosler! Yes I understand AOSP means the very basic of Android. But I didn't knew the 'old' sounds are actually part of AOSP.

With that said, it basically means that Google actually updated the sounds with their own right?
11th November 2014, 05:18 AM |#1249  
Flag Fargo

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by limzm

Thanks @scrosler! Yes I understand AOSP means the very basic of Android. But I didn't knew the 'old' sounds are actually part of AOSP.

With that said, it basically means that Google actually updated the sounds with their own right?

Yes, that is correct.
The Following User Says Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Scott Ad-Free
11th November 2014, 05:20 AM |#1250  
Flag Fargo

Donate to Me
More
Build 6 is up!

The following changes were made...

• File system install instead of block install
  • Added Google Location Services to framework
  • Fixed a root issue that couple DEB users were having

The ROM is now like a standard ROM install as far as the system.dat vs a /system install. What does this mean? It means you edit the ROM now like add your own apps, take things out and repost it with your changes (as long as credit is given).

Edit: I posted a Diff of all changes made from Source to this ROM. Its in post #2 for anyone wanting to know the changes that were made to get it where its at.

Enjoy!
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Scott Ad-Free
11th November 2014, 06:22 AM |#1251  
Flag A Place on Earth!*
Thanks Meter: 1,428

More
Wow, this is just great now i'll finally go ahead and flash this last time had a bad experience with the wifi not working :P btw can i ask a dev with a build of 5.0 and written in the changelog flo: Readd noauto_da_alloc to fix horrific I/O performance is it fixed in this build of yours also...? and this is really a bug i can confirm its not fake... as when i was going through the dev preview last time my Flo was working great until after 15 mins it just started to stutter like hell... nothing was on nor i had made any changes to the tab =/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)