FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[DEV][ROM][4.4]Cyanogenmod 11[WIP][ALPHA-5]

709 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,812
 
By yajnab, Senior Member on 23rd December 2013, 10:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th November 2014, 12:20 AM |#431  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
@psyke83
build #1151 boots!!!! I tested few things:
touchscreen works
camera works
camcorder not works (http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-cm11-t2813168)
usb mass storage mount works


I think it's usefull a new threads for kernel 3.0
Attached Files
File Type: txt dmesg.txt - [Click for QR Code] (96.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: txt logcat.txt - [Click for QR Code] (294.8 KB, 8 views)
 
 
12th November 2014, 02:50 AM |#432  
ehsan-black's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tehran
Thanks Meter: 211
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyke83

Your dmesg was useful - I can see that all of the drivers are working correctly for beni on the new kernel.

The boot failure appears to be unrelated to the kernel; some needed code from upstream hadn't been merged into our project at the time of the build. I suspect that the missing code has since been merged, so I've triggered a new build (#1151) that should hopefully boot properly.

build #1151 boots ! everything seems to work . Touch, camera , audio , WIFI , Blutooth,Sdcard , Sensors,... .
overall performance is good. Camrecorder works with this patch(it's not a kernel related issue):
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-cm11-t2813168

i attached logcat and dmesg. i'll test battery consumption and deep sleep today.
Thankssss
Attached Files
File Type: txt logcat.txt - [Click for QR Code] (298.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: txt dmesg.txt - [Click for QR Code] (69.1 KB, 10 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ehsan-black For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ehsan-black Ad-Free
12th November 2014, 03:20 AM |#433  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,058
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehsan-black

build #1151 boots ! everything seems to work . Touch, camera , audio , WIFI , Blutooth,Sdcard , Sensors,... .
overall performance is good. Camrecorder works with this patch(it's not a kernel related issue):
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-cm11-t2813168

i attached logcat and dmesg. i'll test battery consumption and deep sleep today.
Thankssss

Thanks, that's exactly what I need tested for all of the builds at this stage. I'd also ask you to check the behaviour of the SD card and/or USB transfer speed. I've gotten a report that file transfers are slower than before. In my testing of the kernel last year, I noticed some micro-stutters during audio playback that was happening when the phone was idle. This audio issue I experienced was likely related to the MMC driver potentially misbehaving, but in the case of the file transfer speed issue, it's equally possible to be the MMC or USB drivers at fault. It'd be great if you could keep an eye on these aspects of the ROM.

BTW, I wasn't aware that beni had the video recorder FC issue. I've applied @Mm7's patch (that was applied to the cooper device recently). Future beni builds will include his fix.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to psyke83 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift psyke83 Ad-Free
12th November 2014, 12:42 PM |#434  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
@psyke83
I confirm: USB transfer speed is slow.
Will be implemented overclock in this kernel?
12th November 2014, 01:23 PM |#435  
Rminsh's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tehran
Thanks Meter: 96
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d728370

I confirm: USB transfer speed is slow.
Will be implemented overclock in this kernel?

Dude, i test that usb , not only it isn't slow but also its really faster than previous kernel!
Do you use MTP?
12th November 2014, 01:53 PM |#436  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rminsh

Dude, i test that usb , not only it isn't slow but also its really faster than previous kernel!
Do you use MTP?

No. I used mass storage. I tried to transfer a file of 2GB. The speed was variable: ~50kb/s, ~800kb/s, ecc, but always under 1mb/s
12th November 2014, 02:59 PM |#437  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
some benchmark
sdcard mounted as mass storage from latest build (#1151)
Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=zero bs=512 count=1000000
1000000+0 record dentro
1000000+0 record fuori
512000000 byte (512 MB) copiati, 692,743 s, 739 kB/s
sdcard mounted as mass storage CWM 6.0.5.3
Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=zero bs=512 count=1000000
1000000+0 record dentro
1000000+0 record fuori
512000000 byte (512 MB) copiati, 149,929 s, 3,4 MB/s
12th November 2014, 05:06 PM |#438  
ehsan-black's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tehran
Thanks Meter: 211
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyke83

Thanks, that's exactly what I need tested for all of the builds at this stage. I'd also ask you to check the behaviour of the SD card and/or USB transfer speed. I've gotten a report that file transfers are slower than before. In my testing of the kernel last year, I noticed some micro-stutters during audio playback that was happening when the phone was idle. This audio issue I experienced was likely related to the MMC driver potentially misbehaving, but in the case of the file transfer speed issue, it's equally possible to be the MMC or USB drivers at fault. It'd be great if you could keep an eye on these aspects of the ROM.

BTW, I wasn't aware that beni had the video recorder FC issue. I've applied @Mm7's patch (that was applied to the cooper device recently). Future beni builds will include his fix.

Hi.thanks for applying video recorder patch .
well i tested #1151 :
-for once i couldn't wake up my device. i hold power button for 10 sec to hard reboot . except that it was really stable.
-i've listened to music for 2.5 hours and i've had Audio microstutter issue twice .

I've also made some benchmarks of Usb storage with "Gnome Disk" in fedora.
i'v got a class 10 SDcard .write speed is low in both screen off & on but read speed is really lower when screen is off.
here is the results:

when screen is off:

Kernel 2.6

Screen off kernel2.6

Kernel 3

screen off kernel 3

when screen is on:

Kernel 2.6

screen on kernel 2.6

Kernel 3

screen on kernel 3

edit:
WOW! file transfer with MTP is really faster Than UMS . about 6.5 MB/s .
also AnTuTu Benchmark shows 4.3MB/s for Writing and 15.9MB/s for reading .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen-off-kernel2.6.png
Views:	138
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	3011745   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen-off-kernel3.png
Views:	140
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	3011746   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen-on-kernel2.6.png
Views:	140
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	3011747   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen-on-kernel3.png
Views:	138
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	3011748  
The Following User Says Thank You to ehsan-black For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ehsan-black Ad-Free
14th November 2014, 09:56 AM |#439  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
@psyke83
I've flashed build #1165. Camcorder works, but there is a bug with alarmclock: it crashes. Here the logcat. I hope it's usefull
Attached Files
File Type: txt logcat.txt - [Click for QR Code] (352.3 KB, 26 views)
14th November 2014, 08:19 PM |#440  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,058
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d728370

@psyke83
I've flashed build #1165. Camcorder works, but there is a bug with alarmclock: it crashes. Here the logcat. I hope it's usefull

That's a bug in a database that's probably unrelated to the kernel. Try manually selecting a new alarm ringtone and see if it solves the problem... if not, you may need to wait for a newer build.
The Following User Says Thank You to psyke83 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift psyke83 Ad-Free
13th December 2014, 09:14 AM |#441  
chrisg4's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 185
 
Donate to Me
More
Hi i'm using release 13 and i'm not able to sign in to playstore...any solution??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes