Post Reply Email Thread
18th November 2014, 12:05 AM |#5001  
Flag Maribor
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tung_meister

If you get one that works let me know.

For me the best one til now is the 1.77 MCU version. Everithing works,the only thing is that it slows the unit down(my feeling).
18th November 2014, 12:11 AM |#5002  
Flag Rotherham
Thanks Meter: 175

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorantoma

For me the best one til now is the 1.77 MCU version. Everithing works,the only thing is that it slows the unit down(my feeling).

I'll give it a go tomorrow night and report back.
18th November 2014, 12:20 AM |#5003  
Flag Cowtown, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,851

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorKnox

Sorry to annoy you again. Unfortunately I didn't find any PDF file or a link to a PDF File at the first pages of the tread. I also didn't find a decompiled MCU.img. What I found were decompiled MTC...apks.

It was @darkleo2000 that decompiled/decrypted the 1.86 MCU here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsa8310

P.S. The only downgrade I did not do was that for MCU. I still have (KLD) version 2.08, while before I had both mcu & update images of version 2.03. But the MCU should not matter, should it?

MCU version shouldn't have an effect on Android apps.
The Following User Says Thank You to agentdr8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift agentdr8 Ad-Free
18th November 2014, 01:02 AM |#5004  
Thanks Meter: 1,532

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsa8310

Although I downgraded to Android 4.2.2, the cracked TomTom app has now the same issue as under KK 4.4.2 - it asks for network access and fails licensing if granted.

Buying TomTom from Google Play store is not possible: the TT app is NOT listed, probably because it is not supported by our devices. Obviously, that is not right, since the same TT app had run OK before my unfortunate upgrade to KK.

If someone succeeds in installing TomTom, please share the recipe!

P.S. The only downgrade I did not do was that for MCU. I still have (KLD) version 2.08, while before I had both mcu & update images of version 2.03. But the MCU should not matter, should it?

I think your problem is the fact that you are using a pirated app, nothing else, not the Android version definitely not the MCU, just that you were able to get away with it for a while, but not any longer. KK has more advanced security features than JB, so somehow I think its let TT know that the app is pirated and now TT has your device id and will no longer allow you to use it, even if you downgrade to JB.

I think the way round it if you dont want to pay for an app, is to use a free and open source nav app, like Navfree, BeOnRoad or OSMandMaps etc, or maybe try and change your device id ?

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tung_meister

My button backlight is on all the time as well. It came with MCU V2.02

Did your factory head unit have the button lights on all the time ?

My factory CD/Radio did not, but I retro-fitted the factory sat nav and the button lights on that were always on.

---------- Post added 18th November 2014 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 17th November 2014 at 11:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentdr8

It was @darkleo2000 that decompiled/decrypted the 1.86 MCU here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorKnox

Sorry to annoy you again. Unfortunately I didn't find any PDF file or a link to a PDF File at the first pages of the tread. I also didn't find a decompiled MCU.img. What I found were decompiled MTC...apks.

Maybe you can help me once more again?

I m sure there was a box with some code in it from the MCU in the post I remember.

Edit: just done a thread search and someone mentions the MCU from an AN21-U being de-compiled, I was reading both threads for a while, so maybe I m remembering a box with the MCU code in it from the AN21-U thread ? Its worth checking that thread and asking who-ever de-compiled it for tips, even though its a different MCU he might be helpful.
The Following User Says Thank You to typos1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift typos1 Ad-Free
18th November 2014, 03:36 AM |#5005  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 14

More
GPS Location Problem and Google Maps
Hi Everyone
I'm still having problem with the GPS after upgrade to KK. I made some test today and download some GPS fix from Google Store with not luck..

My problem that Google Maps while navigating looks like it stop every four/five seconds for two seconds and repeat that all the time.

On IGO run a litle better but for example I'm driving at 30 Milles by hour but in IGO show I'm at 40/45 milles by hour, normally must be a little bit slow, never more faster.

Another problem with the GPS is that for example the app that comes with the KK 4.4 never found my location, for this reason I think that the GPS never lock the location...

Any idea about what can I do or test?

The most important for me is Google Maps because I use everyday for work purposes.

Thanks
18th November 2014, 05:59 AM |#5006  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourdier

Hi Everyone
I'm still having problem with the GPS after upgrade to KK. I made some test today and download some GPS fix from Google Store with not luck..

My problem that Google Maps while navigating looks like it stop every four/five seconds for two seconds and repeat that all the time.

On IGO run a litle better but for example I'm driving at 30 Milles by hour but in IGO show I'm at 40/45 milles by hour, normally must be a little bit slow, never more faster.

Another problem with the GPS is that for example the app that comes with the KK 4.4 never found my location, for this reason I think that the GPS never lock the location...

Any idea about what can I do or test?

The most important for me is Google Maps because I use everyday for work purposes.

Thanks

I'm using Google maps version 9. It's working fine for me. Which version are you using? Have you tried using earlier version 8?
18th November 2014, 06:45 AM |#5007  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakidermo5000

Great ! Did you have to do any workarounds to get TomTom to work?

Installed the TomTom ape as usual. Moved the "tomtom" folder originally on ExternalSD to InternalSD. Worked like a charm...
18th November 2014, 06:50 AM |#5008  
Flag Cowtown, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,851

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reecho

Installed the TomTom ape as usual. Moved the "tomtom" folder originally on ExternalSD to InternalSD. Worked like a charm...

I thought the 1.3.2 release of TomTom was specifically to allow it to store maps on external SD on KK devices?
18th November 2014, 08:07 AM |#5009  
Flag Maribor
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by typos1

I think your problem is the fact that you are using a pirated app, nothing else, not the Android version definitely not the MCU, just that you were able to get away with it for a while, but not any longer. KK has more advanced security features than JB, so somehow I think its let TT know that the app is pirated and now TT has your device id and will no longer allow you to use it, even if you downgrade to JB.

I think the way round it if you dont want to pay for an app, is to use a free and open source nav app, like Navfree, BeOnRoad or OSMandMaps etc, or maybe try and change your device id ?

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

Did your factory head unit have the button lights on all the time ?

My factory CD/Radio did not, but I retro-fitted the factory sat nav and the button lights on that were always on.

---------- Post added 18th November 2014 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 17th November 2014 at 11:58 PM ----------

It's a MCU problem for the button backlight.if you use mcu till 1.77 the button light wil vork as it should.

I m sure there was a box with some code in it from the MCU in the post I remember.

Edit: just done a thread search and someone mentions the MCU from an AN21-U being de-compiled, I was reading both threads for a while, so maybe I m remembering a box with the MCU code in it from the AN21-U thread ? Its worth checking that thread and asking who-ever de-compiled it for tips, even though its a different MCU he might be helpful.

That whoud be awsam if we could make our own mcu images
18th November 2014, 08:26 AM |#5010  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Unhappy Bricked Kit Kat
The first one semi-bricked kit kat upgraded!!!! Please Help!!

I have KGL-7620G Universal Unit (without knobs). I've came from 1.99 software and 1.86 MCU.
I've decided to start with KLD2_KK_800x480_141110_rooted_light.zip and 2.09 MCU. I've put update.img and mcu.img on the SD root as always.
The unit finished to flash and reboot, and from this moment it become to be totally worst.
All the screen go black for almost everything!!
The weird thing is i can't see even the recovery screen!!.
Anyway it still like working because i've learned the button pushing sequence of recovery (one short push change to update, one long push confirm). In this way i've tried to flash every version i've could. I do it in "blind mode" because the screen is totally black, but the backlight button respond to commands: (in recovery it smooth fade, in flashing mcu the change colors, etc).

Here comes the most weird part. Doing a "blind flashing of KK 4.4.2"utting the update.img on root and doing the pushing button sequence even with the black screen (one short push, other long push).. after a few minutes the screen goes to rear camera view and i have a Android toast dialog saying that it find a firmware update!!. That's weird, the screen is not broken!
Trying to apply this update doesn't help.
Trying to flash every combination of MCU+Android (4.2.2 and 4.4.2) doesn't work.

I'm totally stuck. Can anybody help me?? I don't know what more to do!
18th November 2014, 10:07 AM |#5011  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 378

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentdr8

I thought the 1.3.2 release of TomTom was specifically to allow it to store maps on external SD on KK devices?

Thanks for the code for dimming, I will give it try tonight or tomorrow.

REgarding TomTom. I managed to install it and get it working. The problem is well known for KitKat, and is what you actually mention. KitKat has some extra security measures and does not allow non-primary apps to write on external SD cards. That is why in principle you need TomTom 1.3.2, which was supposed to overcome that. If you install it and you keep the maps of the previous version (3.96Gb in Europe...) it does not find them. The reason is that Tomtom 1.3.2 is looking for the maps on the internal sd card and not in the folder "tomtom/com.tomtom.europe/" but in "Android/data/com.tomtom.europe/". So, here is the problem. There is no 4Gb in the internal memory. But, I found a "partial" workaround.

How to install tomtom
1- clear any previous version you had in the headunit
2- install tomtom 1.3.2 but do not run it, it won't find the maps
3- create the following folders in your internal sdcard "/Android/data/com.tomtom.europe/files/files"
* instead of "europe" you must use your own maps
4- copy the file ".metada.xml" that you have on your GPS card under "tomtom/com.tomtom.europe/.metadata.xml" to the folder "/Android/data/com.tomtom.europe/files"
5- open this file and modify the path that you find there to: "/mnt/internal_sd/Android/data/com.tomtom.europe/"

At this point you have the right file structure, but there are no files in the internal sd card.
You cannot copy all the maps there because there is no space. The solution is to create a link.

6- Download folderMount from play store
7- Create a link from /mnt/internal_sd/Android/data/com.tomtom.europe/files/files/ --> "/mnt/external_sd/tomtom/com.tomtom.europe/files/" (or wherever you have your maps in the GPS card)
8- "run the link, it is the pin icon. WHen created, you will see a green pin next to the link
9- run tomtom
This works. But I found a problem.
Tomtom is running and you turn off the car and the unit. When you restart, tomtom starts before the link is created, so it starts and finds no maps. After a little while the link is created, and then you can see the maps again but the settings, address, and everything that you set up earlier is gone. So, I guess tomtom is not writing the settings or because they are written on the folder that is linked, it does not find them and restarts as fresh.
The solution is to create the link before tomtom runs. Best option would be inputing the link code before anything is running. I do not know how it can be done, but I am sure it can. It is just an easy linux command.

To fix:
- create a link between internal_sd card and external_sd at boot before any app is working
- fix settings writing.
WARNING:
If you uninstall the application when the link is on, it will erase the maps on your GPS card.

Hope it helped.
The Following User Says Thank You to pakidermo5000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pakidermo5000 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 4.2.2, android 4.4.4, autoradio, car dvd, rk3066

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)