Flashing "Aviator CM11" on stock partition. Comfirmed. Gain storage space

Search This thread

DumbleCore

Nov 27, 2012
Hobb’s End
if i wipe everything should't that wipe my intenal memory which contains the rom i want to flash?? i was lost at that part, where should i put the rom and gapps before flashing?

I've never ever wiped internal or external storage before flashing to stock, never had any problems with apps and I'm usually flashing to stock slot. in advanced Wipe I tick everything except internal /external storage and then flash the rom I want :thumbup:

Tapped from my RazR

Reactions: Steven87

neo.ank

Apr 28, 2011
if i wipe everything should't that wipe my intenal memory which contains the rom i want to flash?? i was lost at that part, where should i put the rom and gapps before flashing?

You can use the recovery to mount your sdcard and then transfer your zip files after the wipe.

Just one thing.... Disabling core 1 of the cpu causes the phone to become incredibly more responsive... so not only is core 1 wasting my battery, its also slowing down the damn phone!!!
What did you use to disable core 1.?

DROID RAZR with Tapatalk 4

SaschaElble

Jan 7, 2009
What did you use to disable core 1.?
DROID RAZR with Tapatalk 4

I used kernel tuner, and the effect never lasted, have to keep turning it off. Anyways installing the jbk kernel for the xt912 or Using the built in CPU turner worked
Google "xt912 jbx xda" if interested
Also, for everyone else, I have had to wipe my internal because of apps failing to update. Also, old apps that had been installed on the rom before hand, wouldn't install on the reflashed rom... Only manually removing old data/data apps works. Or wipe.

Last edited:

control187

Dec 14, 2012
For some reason SS wont let me wipe the internal portion. And when I try to install CM11 (or 10.2 for that matter) I get an error that the binary cannot be updated, or some such thing. Now the system is wiped, so stock sits in a boot loop. I still have slot 1 so I can use the phone, but does anyone have any ideas for me? Thanks.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

SaschaElble

Jan 7, 2009
Well, try wiping each section one at a time. I've found that mass wiping stock wont work, because some parts will fail, causing the whole wiping process to bail. (But it wont tell you that, it'll just say "some failed". It wont tell you that, after that "part" failed, it bailed out. So wipe each part seperatly.
Wipe internal
return
wipe cache
return
wipe system
return
ect.
Once done, install your new ROM. Sometimes I've soft bricked when wiping system. No known reason. Usually works, sometimes it just lolz at me and freezes. Upon reboot, I can only restore to stock and repeat the process (it ALWAYS works then)

To be honest, use the batman utility.

This will let you restore to stock, re-root, and reinstall safestrap, all from one utility.
Download from here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2192467

Last edited:

control187

Dec 14, 2012
Well, try wiping each section one at a time. I've found that mass wiping stock wont work, because some parts will fail, causing the whole wiping process to bail. (But it wont tell you that, it'll just say "some failed". It wont tell you that, after that "part" failed, it bailed out. So wipe each part seperatly.
Wipe internal
return
wipe cache
return
wipe system
return
ect.
Once done, install your new ROM. Sometimes I've soft bricked when wiping system. No known reason. Usually works, sometimes it just lolz at me and freezes. Upon reboot, I can only restore to stock and repeat the process (it ALWAYS works then)

To be honest, use the batman utility.

This will let you restore to stock, re-root, and reinstall safestrap, all from one utility.
Download from here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2192467

Thanks, I did end up going back to stock via DSD last night and re root with RAZR blade. Thanks everyone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

dtrail1

Oct 7, 2011
Frankfurt
I used kernel tuner, and the effect never lasted, have to keep turning it off. Anyways installing the jbk kernel for the xt912 or Using the built in CPU turner worked
Google "xt912 jbx xda" if interested
Also, for everyone else, I have had to wipe my internal because of apps failing to update. Also, old apps that had been installed on the rom before hand, wouldn't install on the reflashed rom... Only manually removing old data/data apps works. Or wipe.

Thanks for mentioning :)
The kernel thread can easily be found right here in the development section.

Question: is the aviator Rom still updated? How does it work for you? How is battery life and overall look and feel?

Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk 4

SaschaElble

Jan 7, 2009
Thanks for mentioning :)
The kernel thread can easily be found right here in the development section.

Question: is the aviator Rom still updated? How does it work for you? How is battery life and overall look and feel?

Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk 4

Updates come sort okay, still being work on, if thats what your asking. The aviator Rom was amazing while I used it. I really loved the resolution on it. However, being the flasher fanatic that I am, I moved to "pure" cm11. Which the aviator rom is based off of. Stock cm11 has NIGHTLIES!! :p also

CYANDELTA is the COOLEST NIGHTLY/REGULAR ROM DOWNLOADER EVER FOR CYANOGENMOD!!!!!
WHY??? Say, old rom 180mb, new rom is 190mb. But only about 20mb is actually unique between the two roms, it will only download the unique bits and PATCH the old rom! I upgrade on the daily, now.

lucky_515

Oct 8, 2014
columbus indiana
I have been using Mokee on my stock slot for weeks now. Very stable, everything works (except HDMI because of source), and battery is pretty decent. I'm using SS 3.65, flashing to stock is painless, and I believe all Roms posted here are kexec based. I have used gummy, cm, mokee and slim on stock slot. But where can the "Aviator" Roms be found?

Sent from the depths of a twisted mind.
i used eclipse rom on stock and there gapps but kept getting FC ...tried flashing jb stock kernal..stil same thing..ive got to take advantage of flashing to stock slot due to lack of storage..gonna try mokee now

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay, complete re-write...

For MY guide (The point is, this is not all inclusive, nor does it dictate that its the only way... but if you want help on this thread....)

USE safestrap 3.65 (no exceptions)

USE kitkat 4.4 (no exceptions)

YOU MUST WIPE EVERYTHING - Use the Advanced button, in the wipe menu... Thats what its for... Advanced stuff... Like flashing over STOCK... (Its best to copy all your NEEDED data (Don't just copy everything), PLEASE DO NOT COPY /DATA /ANDROID/ /.SECURE ECT ONLY what YOU recognize

Please make sure ALL APPS work before using apps2sd /mounts2sd. (This means literally testing each app, one by one. In your app drawer. You'd be surprised how much doesn't work when not wiped/flashed properly (And sometimes even when done right)

Boot into recovery
    Select "Boot options"
    Select "Stock ROM"
    Select "Wipe"
    Select "Advanced Wipe"
    Check mark every single box you see! (I mean it) (I hope you already went through your internal and external sd card and copied your pictures, music, videos, emails, texts, downloads, ect somewhere safe. NOT ON THE PHONE...
    "Swipe to Wipe"
    Select "Install"
    Find and Select your flashable rom .zip
    Select Add More Zips
    Find and Select your flashable gapps .zip
    "Swipe to Confirm Flash"
    "Wipe Dalvik Cache"
    "Reboot"

I would just like to confirm that flashing "Aviator CM11" on the stock partition does work and boots without problems.

Boot times are incredible compared to using slot 1-4
    Enjoy not wasting 6gb of space!

Errors:
    Could not install to usb or sdcard -playstore error : Either bug in rom, or you have installed that app, once upon a time on some other rom/same rom. Go to root explorer, and use the search function to find the left over files. (Try searching only one part of the word of the app) Or look in /data/data
    I have been using Mokee on my stock slot for weeks now. Very stable, everything works (except HDMI because of source), and battery is pretty decent. I'm using SS 3.65, flashing to stock is painless, and I believe all Roms posted here are kexec based. I have used gummy, cm, mokee and slim on stock slot. But where can the "Aviator" Roms be found?

Sent from the depths of a twisted mind.

There is another forum located here: http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/forum/156-vzw-droid-razr-roms-xt912/

There are some of the older Blur based ROMs, and the newer Aviator ROMs as well. Aviator has a Gummy, and a CM11 version. They tweak those ROMs with a few things and work well.
    Yes, I would say you're going to have to wipe everything, being that Kit Kat and Jelly Bean are going to have two different types of system data. They will DEFINITELY conflict with each other if you don't do a full wipe.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using xda app-developers app

I've never ever wiped internal or external storage before flashing to stock, never had any problems with apps and I'm usually flashing to stock slot. in advanced Wipe I tick everything except internal /external storage and then flash the rom I want :thumbup:

Tapped from my RazR