By pakidermo5000, Senior Member on 24th February 2014, 11:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th November 2014, 10:07 AM |#5011  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 378

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentdr8

I thought the 1.3.2 release of TomTom was specifically to allow it to store maps on external SD on KK devices?

Thanks for the code for dimming, I will give it try tonight or tomorrow.

REgarding TomTom. I managed to install it and get it working. The problem is well known for KitKat, and is what you actually mention. KitKat has some extra security measures and does not allow non-primary apps to write on external SD cards. That is why in principle you need TomTom 1.3.2, which was supposed to overcome that. If you install it and you keep the maps of the previous version (3.96Gb in Europe...) it does not find them. The reason is that Tomtom 1.3.2 is looking for the maps on the internal sd card and not in the folder "tomtom/com.tomtom.europe/" but in "Android/data/com.tomtom.europe/". So, here is the problem. There is no 4Gb in the internal memory. But, I found a "partial" workaround.

How to install tomtom
1- clear any previous version you had in the headunit
2- install tomtom 1.3.2 but do not run it, it won't find the maps
3- create the following folders in your internal sdcard "/Android/data/com.tomtom.europe/files/files"
* instead of "europe" you must use your own maps
4- copy the file ".metada.xml" that you have on your GPS card under "tomtom/com.tomtom.europe/.metadata.xml" to the folder "/Android/data/com.tomtom.europe/files"
5- open this file and modify the path that you find there to: "/mnt/internal_sd/Android/data/com.tomtom.europe/"

At this point you have the right file structure, but there are no files in the internal sd card.
You cannot copy all the maps there because there is no space. The solution is to create a link.

6- Download folderMount from play store
7- Create a link from /mnt/internal_sd/Android/data/com.tomtom.europe/files/files/ --> "/mnt/external_sd/tomtom/com.tomtom.europe/files/" (or wherever you have your maps in the GPS card)
8- "run the link, it is the pin icon. WHen created, you will see a green pin next to the link
9- run tomtom
This works. But I found a problem.
Tomtom is running and you turn off the car and the unit. When you restart, tomtom starts before the link is created, so it starts and finds no maps. After a little while the link is created, and then you can see the maps again but the settings, address, and everything that you set up earlier is gone. So, I guess tomtom is not writing the settings or because they are written on the folder that is linked, it does not find them and restarts as fresh.
The solution is to create the link before tomtom runs. Best option would be inputing the link code before anything is running. I do not know how it can be done, but I am sure it can. It is just an easy linux command.

To fix:
- create a link between internal_sd card and external_sd at boot before any app is working
- fix settings writing.
WARNING:
If you uninstall the application when the link is on, it will erase the maps on your GPS card.

Hope it helped.
The Following User Says Thank You to pakidermo5000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pakidermo5000 Ad-Free
18th November 2014, 10:50 AM |#5012  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I have flashed this from Huifei Google Drive: KLD2_KK_800x480_141110_root_mod_boo_201411-17.zip
2 Problems: 1) i got no root (even i should have, super su is installed but if i open it it says it isnt installed and couldnt be installed), 2) if i click on "Location" in settings menu i get an fc

Any suggestions ?
18th November 2014, 03:17 PM |#5013  
Thanks Meter: 199

More
Just trying to sort out my touchscreen, which cable in the picture is the one that deals with it? The screen comes on, but no the touch side of it doesn't work
18th November 2014, 03:18 PM |#5014  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbubba999

Just trying to sort out my touchscreen, which cable in the picture is the one that deals with it? The screen comes on, but no the touch side of it doesn't work

Picture would help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1416320306583.jpg
Views:	506
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	3021621  
18th November 2014, 03:29 PM |#5015  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
User malaysk from 4pda forum have a version for 1024x600 screens with root that works really well!
http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...ost&p=35850356
18th November 2014, 04:34 PM |#5016  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbubba999

Picture would help!

Yey! Fixed it, now to try and update it to kit kat
18th November 2014, 05:16 PM |#5017  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4D3N

I have just installed the KK 4.4.2 Pre-rooted + V1.86 MCU on my BMW E46 unit

At the first install it got stuck in a bootloop. I reflashed it again and now its working.

Now, the Xposed module is working correctly (before, on 4.2.2 I could not get it to work), everything moves very fast, sound and radio seems a bit improved and I like the new Menu style.

Downsides:
-when I press the Mode button, it appears the logo on the screen and it gets stuck and it is only working after I press Reset button (I checked all the modes manually and they are working)
-the Music application, as in other versions, I would like that somebody makes the song list larger (exactly as in previous 4.2.2, the MTCMusic List Style)
-boot time, is around 35-40 seconds

All in all, I am happy with the update. If I could fix the above bugs it would be awesome.

Does anybody have a solution for my problems?

The MODE button bug I can ignore, but the rest of them?
The Following User Says Thank You to R4D3N For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift R4D3N Ad-Free
18th November 2014, 06:16 PM |#5018  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antiguangenius

This is how my current unit is set up..... I have not had time to tweak it lately been busy but will take some time over the weekend

More Pics: http://imgur.com/a/k7ggS

Current Config:
MCU 2.08 GS
Android 4.2.2 (Rooted)
App Storage: 3GB
Internal Storage: 5.7GB (I dont use this)
SD: 64GB MicroSD (MP3, Music Videos, GPS Data for Sygic, CoPilot, Navigon, TomTom)
GPS: 4GB (iGo on it Don't use for nothing else)
Rear USB: 60GB HDD (Mp3 Full) lol
Front USB I don't use

For Mobile Internet I use a T-Mobile WiFi HotSpot with 5GB/mo, I think this is better than 3G dongle at least for me, you can also use your mobile phone to share internet, but you will have to program yourself to always activate the Phone hotspot or you can use a simple app like Tasker and tell it when ever the phone is connected to the Radio activate the phone hotspot and when it disconnect shut off the wifi hotspot, it simple, then everything for there on will be automated as to internet to the unit, you will need to make sure that you preconfigure the bluetooth between the phone and radio because this will be used as the trigger for this automated process, and also make sure your phone plan has wifi hotspot activated or hacked.... I do recommend initially setting up the radio on a home/office wifi internet connection.

For Music I use MediaMonkey, it is FREE and categorize music by artist, genre, year, album and best of all keeps a database of this information, so when every you get back to your car it doesn't have to search the USB, MicroSD or Hard Drive again, it remembers everything unless you add or remove music, and it has a search bar you can find a song in seconds, I have over 10,000 mp3's and its a breeze the Stock Music Player don't have this and it will search every time you start the car, this is NOT good especially if you have alot of music. Media Monkey also plays videos, how cool is that... they have other apps like power amp but its not FREE, and does the same as mediamonkey. I also use MX Player for Video Because its good if you have videos in folders it will list folders and its hardware accelerated.

I Have Pandora Installed, I use this because for one its free streaming on my T-Mobile plan and two you can set up your playlist on a pc and it populates on the radio, and Pandora just works, how ever it does have ads if you're not a premium user, which I am but hey the regular radio does have ads so its ok I guess. I also have another app call Internet radio it has a wide variety of preset radio stations, All the channels are divided into categories - electro, dance, pop, relax, rock etc - and available 24/7. The list of stations includes not only the radio stations (online and FM) but also full discographies of different artists., Then there is tune-in, spotify, rhapsody etc.

For Internet Videos, I use the good ol NetFlix, Yes it works perfect, but it used alot of DATA so be aware. but I have watched movies and TV shows on the go fluent. I also use CBS and Hulu.

The Stock GPS App is fine its iGO Primo. honestly it works fine, updated or not but its better to have it updated, since some street change. other than that its ok. there is NO Live Traffic,
Other GPS Apps that works flawless is Google Maps, you can download it from Google Play Store, it does need data to work and navigate but it does give Live Traffic,
Waze is also a GREAT GPS App its a little bit better than Google Maps because it has community reported incidents and they're usually on point.

I also have TomTom, Sygic, CoPilot and Navigon all works!!!

USB Dash cam that works maybe alot of models works but I had HP KQ246AA 8.0 MP Deluxe Webcam lying around and it worked... but I'm pretty sure most usb cam works.

Im able to use the hardware buttons with the latest car service

let me hear about other users setup.....

does MediaMonkey works fine if you set it as default player via XposedMTC? can your skip tracks? it doesnt't work on my unit. when i press next, music pauses. But poweramp is working fine.
18th November 2014, 06:46 PM |#5019  
Flag Cowtown, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,851

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by parazit26

does MediaMonkey works fine if you set it as default player via XposedMTC? can your skip tracks? it doesnt't work on my unit. when i press next, music pauses. But poweramp is working fine.

Do you know the intents that need to be broadcast to control Mediamonkey? I couldn't find this info on their forum.
18th November 2014, 08:19 PM |#5020  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentdr8

Do you know the intents that need to be broadcast to control Mediamonkey? I couldn't find this info on their forum.

i am sorry i don't. i just installed it yesterday and really liked it, but the combination of XposedMTC and MediaMonkey doesnt seem to be really good. but if you need any info, i am willing to help!
18th November 2014, 08:23 PM |#5021  
Flag Rotherham
Thanks Meter: 175

Donate to Me
More
Are 4G dongles compatible? for example would this work?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 4.2.2, android 4.4.4, autoradio, car dvd, rk3066

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)