FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Everything about F2FS for our device (Recoveries, patches, info,...)

2,898 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,013
 
By laufersteppenwolf, Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer on 29th June 2014, 11:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th August 2014, 02:55 PM |#31  
xperia u20i's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 135
 
More
So. It's seems to me that you tried f2fs. And what is your opinion? At the end i didn't have time time to experiment so i'm still on ext4 for now. Maybe next week i'll have time to try it.

Sent from my Optimus 4X HD using XDA Free mobile app
 
 
9th August 2014, 04:56 PM |#32  
Gmobilize's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Riga
Thanks Meter: 192
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xperia u20i

So. It's seems to me that you tried f2fs. And what is your opinion? At the end i didn't have time time to experiment so i'm still on ext4 for now. Maybe next week i'll have time to try it.

Sent from my Optimus 4X HD using XDA Free mobile app

Well as far i can tell,there is not a big difference in the terms of visible speed,you might get some bigger I/O scores in benchmarks ,but not much noticable stuff tho,now im back to EXT4 until everything is stable and the file system is widely supported by ROMS.
9th August 2014, 05:09 PM |#33  
xperia u20i's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 135
 
More
OK,thanks. I'll do the same. Let everything stabilize a bit, then i'll try it.

Sent from my Optimus 4X HD using XDA Free mobile app
13th November 2014, 02:15 PM |#34  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 96
 
More
recovery links are dead. Can anyone upload again ?
18th November 2014, 07:15 PM |#35  
Member
Flag Bolton
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
How does F2FS differ from the usual ext4?
18th November 2014, 07:54 PM |#36  
tool_king's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 783
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Sisko

How does F2FS differ from the usual ext4?

Here you go:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=F2FS+and+ext4
15th October 2016, 12:37 PM |#37  
Phil_Smith's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 82
 
Donate to Me
More
Can someone please provide me with a link to a twrp version which is compiled to support f2fs?
The link in OP isn't working.
17th November 2016, 10:36 PM |#38  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Smith

Can someone please provide me with a link to a twrp version which is compiled to support f2fs?
The link in OP isn't working.

try this
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-1jY7Jcz-NzNWRHSG52aF8zdmM
The Following User Says Thank You to sobako_zloe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sobako_zloe Ad-Free
17th November 2016, 11:10 PM |#39  
Phil_Smith's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 82
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobako_zloe

try this
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-1jY7Jcz-NzNWRHSG52aF8zdmM

Thanks! I'll try that tomorrow or later and report back!
18th November 2016, 01:27 AM |#40  
Phil_Smith's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 82
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobako_zloe

try this
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-1jY7Jcz-NzNWRHSG52aF8zdmM

Hm, after changing any partition to f2fs it says it was successful, but the filesystem is still shown as ext4 (even immediately in recovery)...
Btw - cwm showed a lot of errors, but twrp flashing worked.
Any ideas?
18th November 2016, 07:47 AM |#41  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Smith

Hm, after changing any partition to f2fs it says it was successful, but the filesystem is still shown as ext4 (even immediately in recovery)...
Btw - cwm showed a lot of errors, but twrp flashing worked.
Any ideas?

Did you check the filesystem with an app later, maybe recovery needed a refresh?

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to InterrtuptoR For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift InterrtuptoR Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes