[Rom] [5.0] [UNOFFICIAL] Cyanogenmod 12 for Moto X

Search This thread

dray_jr

Jul 3, 2009
Fort Myers,FL
I saw the OP i was just stating my findings being that i am a Sprint CDMA user because we seem to have different issues.

but one other thing i just noticed while trying to use my Google Maps. This is a weird one because it works but it dose not.

so tonight a friend told me to meet him at X location so i hit the Mic and said Nav to X location. It found my current location and it found ware i wanted to go, everything seemed to be working perfectly. till i hit navigate. it showed ware i was at the start and it should ware i wanted to go and how to get there. but for what ever reason it would not follow me as i drove it would just stay at the start. Then it would say GPS location lost and then sometimes it would update to my current location other times it would not. no matter what i did it would not give me step by step driving directions.

anyone have an idea what is going on here.

Thanks

DRayJr

gunnerv

Dec 14, 2013
I saw the OP i was just stating my findings being that i am a Sprint CDMA user because we seem to have different issues.

but one other thing i just noticed while trying to use my Google Maps. This is a weird one because it works but it dose not.

so tonight a friend told me to meet him at X location so i hit the Mic and said Nav to X location. It found my current location and it found ware i wanted to go, everything seemed to be working perfectly. till i hit navigate. it showed ware i was at the start and it should ware i wanted to go and how to get there. but for what ever reason it would not follow me as i drove it would just stay at the start. Then it would say GPS location lost and then sometimes it would update to my current location other times it would not. no matter what i did it would not give me step by step driving directions.

Thanks

DRayJr

I'd try a complete wipe and reinstall gapps, GPS is 100℅ solid on my sprint moto.

Sent from my Moto X

MikeyNick

Mar 14, 2009

Thanks

DRayJr

I get the exact same issue, annoying as hell! I am sure it has nothing to do with this ROM however.

I don't know how to explain it, but I feel some things can get in a weird "stuck" state. As an example, when there was the bout of WiFi issues with CM based ROMs (basically a lot of people were experiencing very intermittent wifi. some networks would connect, others wouldn't, some would connect and then not actually work, etc), it didn't matter what I flashed, even if some people had confirmed it fixed, my issue seemed truly stuck (and the same was true for a few others). The only way I was able to get around this was to completely restore stock (and I mean completely. aka flashing all the stock images, or an RSD lite flash). I'm hoping I won't have to do the same here, but since some others don't have the issue, I fear I may have to. I came from carbon rom 4.4.4, and the issue started after updating to the newest version of maps. I did a complete factory wipe (e.g. wipe cache, dalvik cache, and data - which included all internal storage), and I really thought that would eliminate any issues, but I still have the problem.

If it continues and when I have time, I'll flash to complete stock and try reinstalling this

On a side note, further findings from earlier: Youtube had the grayscale and oddly placed issue, but after selecting a different quality setting, the issue has not come back (i'm still watching in 720p, just had to change the setting and change back). Also, in regard to the aforementioned MMS issue, although you cannot attach an existing picture from the message app, you can go into gallery, select a picture, and then click share->messaging and send it like that. Tethering works perfectly (in fact I'm doing this from a tethered connection right now because this hotel's wifi is absolute sh**).

tekanina

Jan 14, 2013
Baltimore

Thanks

DRayJr

Flash a stock ROM, you can do this through recovery instead of fastboot if your device has flashable zip. I use the tmo 4.4.3 build obviously you would use a sprint based ROM. Get a good GPS lock and reboot to recovery, flash the ROM and GPS should work 100%. I have no issues with GPS now. This is an issue with many devices, I have had this problem with Samsungs as well.

690sid

Jul 28, 2013
New Delhi
Installed this baby today...
And so far, only a couple of problems :-
• Video playback (as many others reported)
• The 'Clear all recents' button. I guess that's a feature, but can we remove it?
• Documents app crashes.
• AOSP keyboard crashes on swipe.
• No face unlock?

Otherwise, this is amazing! Absolutely love it!!
I miss some of the Moto features btw... :p

Sent from my Moto X using XDA Free mobile app

lucasdeeiroz

Installed this baby today...
And so far, only a couple of problems :-
• Video playback (as many others reported)
• The 'Clear all recents' button. I guess that's a feature, but can we remove it?
• Documents app crashes.
• AOSP keyboard crashes on swipe.
• No face unlock?

Otherwise, this is amazing! Absolutely love it!!
I miss some of the Moto features btw... :p

There's face unlock: Security > Smart Lock
Some of these bugs you reported will be fixed in the next build.

690sid

Jul 28, 2013
New Delhi
There's face unlock: Security > Smart Lock
Some of these bugs you reported will be fixed in the next build.

Found the Face unlock and set it up. Thanks!
I found another bug :-
This happens when in landscape orientation and you open an app from Recents.

Attachments

• 1416492193069.jpg
    1416492193069.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 672

690sid

Jul 28, 2013
New Delhi
And, when we tap the power button while the screen is on... it doesnt fade away with the lollipop animation. Instead it flashes the lockscreen and then shuts down the display.
Also, wont aosp rom be better?

Reactions: regisknechtel

guardante

Feb 24, 2010
Odessa
So ive gotten the hardware buttons responding by moving over synaptic files in /system/usr/ from my 4.4.4 hardware key restore zip. But they dont give vibrate feedback and i dont know how to turn off the soft keys. I can live without the feedback if i can just get rid of the soft keys. Does anybody know of a fix?

Use this patch. Flash it after flashing all zips ROM,GAPPS, SUperuser etc
Works well on droid mini

I also found a bug, when incoming call happnes sometimes screen appears to remain black, with no response It's on, but no interface there. Only reboot helps((( It happens from time to time

Last edited:
Reactions: slikerhael

sasokutenshin

Jan 31, 2012
Nashville, TN
Ive said it before but ill repeat myself. I run ghost roms. They run flawlessly except for the difference in hardware and software buttons. There aren't anymore msm_8960 builds. If i want to run a current custom rom on my ultra it has to be a ghost rom. Even the recoveries for the ultra/maxx are built for ghost.

To the person who sent me the fix, i had found that one before but the article says its for 4.4, not 5.0 and i was uncertain of its compatibility and hoping someone could clarify. Yes i spent more than your 15second google search looking for an answer, specifically in these forums.
Of course the article says 4.4. There's not likely going to be an article for 5.0 addressing the issue of wanting to remove the navbar/softkeys when flashing a 5.0 ROM for a device that isn't yours. Lollipop builds are brand new and therefore not going to have in depth FAQs for random, obscure things like that. You had not stated you'd found or tried anything, so instead of doing like everyone else and telling you to go to your own device forum, I offered you a possible fix that I've used successfully before (albeit not on Lollipop, as I stated). Theoretically, it SHOULD work. You can't expect to wait for someone else to try it and confirm it for you, because no one else in here is trying to flash and edit a ghost ROM for your not-ghost device. Just make a backup, then give it a shot. If it doesn't work, you've lost nothing but a little time. If it does work, your problem is solved. Seems like a pretty good deal to me. Being rude when someone tries to direct you toward a possible answer to your singular query = not cool.

gunnerv

Dec 14, 2013
bug list updated

What does not work?
DocumentsUI/Downloads fixed in next release
DRM content playback fixed in next release
Incall audio on outgoing calls requires speakerphone toggle off/on
Viewing contacts fixed in next release
You tell me

Build will be available today

I cry every time :.), such an active Dev!!!!

Sent from my Moto X

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is for all variants!

Code:
    #include 
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    What does not work?
    -Incall audio on outgoing calls requires speakerphone toggle off/on
    -Whatsapp mic issue
    -Bluetooth audio quirks
    You tell me

Downloads
    ROM can be downloaded from here

Installation

• Make a backup first!
    • Boot into recovery
    • Wipe data/cache
    • Install zip (Google Apps optional)
    • Select the CM12 zip
    • Reboot

XDA: DevDB Information
    CM 12 Moto X, ROM for the Motorola Moto X

Contributors
    bmc08gt
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    I made a quick app to fix the audio during OUTGOING calls, based off @815turbo initial app source and suggestion from @Freedomcaller, the app listens for OUTGOING calls and toggles ON & then OFF the speaker.

INSTALLATION:
    APK IS AVAILABLE BELOW
    1. Download & Install like a normal app
    2. Start app ('Phone Audio Fix' in launcher)
    3. Press 'Start Service' and then the app will remove the launcher icon and will run in the background.

Let me know if you have any issues. Source is available here: https://github.com/arayray/cm12-audiofix

UPDATE to v2, stop service once speaker is toggled (save battery)

UPDATE, If you are having a problem with the app please try this. Thank you

@BMc08GT maybe include this in OP until the issue is fixed?
    bug list updated

What does not work?
    DocumentsUI/Downloads fixed in next release
    DRM content playback fixed in next release
    Incall audio on outgoing calls requires speakerphone toggle off/on
    Viewing contacts fixed in next release
    You tell me

Build will be available today
    Work has been very hectic the past few days, hopefully can sync up Friday and rebuild
    cm-12-20141118-UNOFFICIAL-ghost is being uploaded now.

In addition to what was fixed upstream earlier today, the following changes are included:
    * WIfi hotspot fixed
    * Ambient Display brightness increased from 17 to 35 (plan on making a settings page for ambient display and making the brightness user controlled)
    * Buttons tile from Settings dashboard conditionally removed if no buttons exist
    * Multi user support added