[Q] Menu Back buttons Capacitive light not working after update

Search This thread

dhruvcasper

Sep 6, 2008
Need help urgently. My phone updated from 4.1 to 4.4.2 and buttons stopped working. Everything is stuck. It was stock update. Tried even custom rom DN3 but still the same. My note 2 is from UAE.

I have tried all the method, even custom rom. Now warranty is void so cant even go to samsung service center. Cant downgrade also. i read about samsung service center downgrading to 4.1 on this forum. need help.

dhruvcasper

Sep 6, 2008
Seems its a common problem after update to 4.4.2. i thought i was updating to stable and did not know got trapped now. will have to replace phone. can replacing bootloader might help. menu and back buttons work in recovery screen. very strange issue.

dhruvcasper

Sep 6, 2008
Very strange. I went to samsung repair center and they had to replace motherboard. then camera was not working and headphone was giving issue so that was replaced. Seems all the hardware is replaced and phone firmware is at 4.3. did samsung rollback the update.

Finally back on track. lets see what next. knox back to 0

clevent

Aug 25, 2012
Hi my friend;
Did you solve your problem. I have same problem with you. It started from 4.3 update. Now i'm using 4.1.2. Because up the 4.1.2 rom my buttons not working. If you find a solution please inform me

andreibadea

Oct 22, 2013
I found a little workaround .... i first update to kit kat with pit file and nand clear and still no sign of buttons...then i flashed twrp recovery and flashed slimbean 4.4.4 (latest version) then miracle the capacitive buttons work perfect ... so i can think someone make a workaround for the official firmware