[SECURITY] [APP][WIP] IMSI Catcher/Spy Detector

1,451 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,174

By E:V:A, Recognized Developer on 2nd January 2012, 04:30 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
2nd September 2014, 10:40 AM |#341  
Thanks Meter: 187

More
Anyone else having problem downloading from project's page?

3rd September 2014, 03:40 AM |#342  
Flag DEUTSCHLAND!
Thanks Meter: 655

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by relevant_placeholder

Anyone else having problem downloading from project's page?

No, not at all. What exactly did you want to download? WIP-Releases are working just fine. Please give it another try.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SecUpwN For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SecUpwN Ad-Free
3rd September 2014, 06:59 AM |#343  
Thanks Meter: 187

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecUpwN

No, not at all. What exactly did you want to download? WIP-Releases are working just fine. Please give it another try.

That's what I'm trying to download but it always drops to address unreachable for amazonaws.com

Update: tried with wget and realized it connects to localhost.

Cleared Adaway hosts entries and it managed to connect.

Bottom line, one of the entries blocks s3.amazonaws.com

Thanks.

EDIT:uninstalled
3rd September 2014, 10:13 AM |#344  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Hey guys. I'm a bit confused about enabling the location services. Is the GPS only used to determine the exact location of the cell? Is the app going to detect MITM attacks without the GPS being enabled?
The icon stays grey and it's not initializing, so my guess is it's not working. However if I press Track Cell Details, the icon turns green without asking me to enable the location services.
Sorry if this question has been asked already. I did a search and couldn't find an answer.
3rd September 2014, 07:02 PM |#345  
Flag DEUTSCHLAND!
Thanks Meter: 655

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by relevant_placeholder

Cleared Adaway hosts entries and it managed to connect.

AdAway works crappy. Use MoaAB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicastbg

Hey guys. I'm a bit confused about enabling the location services. Is the GPS only used to determine the exact location of the cell? Is the app going to detect MITM attacks without the GPS being enabled?
The icon stays grey and it's not initializing, so my guess is it's not working. However if I press Track Cell Details, the icon turns green without asking me to enable the location services.
Sorry if this question has been asked already. I did a search and couldn't find an answer.

@E:V:A, would you please elaborate on this a bit? This in fact correlates to the battery draining issue I filed when running around with GPS constantly enabled. Not sure if it is another Issue with the Icon turning green without enabling GPS, @AuSSiELaMbChOpS?
3rd September 2014, 08:54 PM |#346  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag -∇ϕ

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unicastbg

Hey guys. I'm a bit confused about enabling the location services. Is the GPS only used to determine the exact location of the cell? Is the app going to detect MITM attacks without the GPS being enabled? The icon stays grey and it's not initializing, so my guess is it's not working. However if I press Track Cell Details, the icon turns green without asking me to enable the location services.

The design specifications for this app will allow it to detect MITM attacks without GPS, but has not yet been implemented. As an alpha release, it will need GPS. However, GPS will also be needed in order to pinpoint fake BTS and give you better BTS data for your immediate area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecUpwN

This in fact correlates to the battery draining issue I filed when running around with GPS constantly enabled.

Regardless, any GPS use is very battery draining on most devices. It also depend on the data use required for establishing and keeping GPS lock.
The Following User Says Thank You to E:V:A For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2014, 09:32 PM |#347  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag -∇ϕ

More
Exclamation
THIS THREAD IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!

Due to lack of development and no progress in resolving critical issues, combined with the low level of development-relevant posts in this thread, I have decided to close this thread until further notice. We are restructuring the maintenance and development of this App and thus it will remain closed until other developers can step up and carry on this project. We are also looking into other funding possibilities to hire professional developers.

BUT, THIS DOES NOT MEAN THE PROJECT IS DEAD!

On the contrary, it means we're taking this project more seriously than ever. In addition, our development ideology has changed in the wake of recent copy/paste projects and scientific publications/articles, not even mentioning our efforts, even though it is fairly clear that most information have been directly obtained from this thread and relevant discussions on our GitHub.

From now on, all our development notes and discussions will remain closed to public, but open for any serious developer/hacker to join. When Beta release will be available, so will all the supporting documentation.

If you have any information or other ways to help directly contribute to this project, please contact me or @SecUpwN via email or PM. Any news and successful updates will be posted on our GiHub.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to E:V:A For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd November 2014, 04:17 AM |#348  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag -∇ϕ

More
Arrow
!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY AIMSICD !!!

Today we celebrate our first anniversary of having opened our GitHub!
Come join the party and give your low level baseband knowledge a kick
in the rear.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to E:V:A For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd November 2014, 05:15 AM |#349  
Flag Hillywood
Thanks Meter: 326

More
@E:V:A

You were also featured on the main page
http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...cher-detector/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darke5tShad0w For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Darke5tShad0w Ad-Free
23rd November 2014, 02:38 PM |#350  
Thanks Meter: 599

More
Congratulations for being made available on the F-Droid repository....

Dead Cookies leave no trails...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cookie Ninja For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cookie Ninja Ad-Free
23rd November 2014, 02:49 PM |#351  
Flag Rolla, MO
Thanks Meter: 81

More
I'm new to this kind of app so how does this work?
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
catcher, ciphering, detector, imsi, osmocom, spy
Previous Thread Next Thread