Post Reply Email Thread
18th November 2014, 04:50 PM |#61  
Flag DEUTSCHLAND!
Thanks Meter: 655

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecUpwN

Good evening XDA geeks and hi there @AdamOutler!

I am posting here to find a solution on how to unbrick my brothers Samsung Galaxy Xcover2 (Skomer), which suddenly turned off at 83% during the flashing process while using Heimdall to add a System Image made by @TheBoegl from his ROOT GUIDE . This is the error log of Heimdall. Ever since then, it stayed a full brick: No lights, no sounds, no nothing. I even built a working USB Jig (good to have one now) using these instructions - but even then the phone does not show any sign of life. I must admit that I am very stunned: This is the first time this happens to me, usually I am very careful and so far had recovered other phones from every state out there.

Since the phone itself has no warranty at all and I would like to build some more crazy tools to be able to ressurect dead phones in the future all by myself, my question is: Which tutorial to use (preferrably through not having to buy a RIFF box)? Is what is described in this thread working for the condition that the XCover2 is in? All help is greatly appreciated and will be pressed THANKS for. I would like to surprise my brother with a working phone.

PUSH! Can anybody please guide me what to do?

21st November 2014, 09:02 PM |#62  
Quote:

Good evening XDA geeks and hi there @AdamOutler!

I am posting here to find a solution on how to unbrick my brothers Samsung Galaxy Xcover2 (Skomer), which suddenly turned off at 83% during the flashing process while using Heimdall to add a System Image made by @TheBoegl from his ROOT GUIDE . This is the error log of Heimdall. Ever since then, it stayed a full brick: No lights, no sounds, no nothing. I even built a working USB Jig (good to have one now) using these instructions - but even then the phone does not show any sign of life. I must admit that I am very stunned: This is the first time this happens to me, usually I am very careful and so far had recovered other phones from every state out there.

Since the phone itself has no warranty at all and I would like to build some more crazy tools to be able to ressurect dead phones in the future all by myself, my question is: Which tutorial to use (preferrably through not having to buy a RIFF box)? Is what is described in this thread working for the condition that the XCover2 is in? All help is greatly appreciated and will be pressed THANKS for. I would like to surprise my brother with a working phone.

Hi, you should contact @connexion2005 aka MobileTechVideos.com about this. There are no quick answers on lower volume devices. However, JTAG will usually work.
The Following User Says Thank You to AdamOutler For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AdamOutler Ad-Free
24th November 2014, 12:47 AM |#63  
Flag DEUTSCHLAND!

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamOutler

Hi, you should contact @connexion2005 aka MobileTechVideos.com about this. There are no quick answers on lower volume devices. However, JTAG will usually work.

Thank you @AdamOutler, I just wrote him a PM. What do you mean with "lower volume devices"? Do you have a manual for me on how to construct a universally useable JTAG for not so much money?
The Following User Says Thank You to SecUpwN For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SecUpwN Ad-Free
24th November 2014, 02:12 AM |#64  
Quote:

Thank you @AdamOutler, I just wrote him a PM. What do you mean with "lower volume devices"? Do you have a manual for me on how to construct a universally useable JTAG for not so much money?

Well, you know.. There wasnt alot of those devices sold. There arent any "universal" solutions. Its done per-device.

BTW, awesome job on the catcher. I have it installed on this device. Any chance of including a default ID api key?
The Following User Says Thank You to AdamOutler For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AdamOutler Ad-Free
24th November 2014, 02:26 AM |#65  
Flag DEUTSCHLAND!

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Well, you know.. There wasnt alot of those devices sold. There arent any "universal" solutions. Its done per-device.

Interesting. I thought that I coild build something like a RIFF box and then reflash the corrupted files?

Quote:

BTW, awesome job on the catcher. I have it installed on this device. Any chance of including a default ID api key?

Oh, thank you so much for telling me! Hope that @E:V:A and @He3556 as well as @TobyKurien will pick this up as well.

What exactly do you mean by "default ID API key"? If you mean the OpenCellID issue, we are currently working on a better solution since OpenCellID is placing restrictions (certain amount of necessary data submissions) on us that we would like rule out. We will likely set up our own services, expexct that in the upcoming version. Hey, may I ask you which source you've installed our App from? Don't hesitate to contribute on our GitHub, we are searching for developers.
The Following User Says Thank You to SecUpwN For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SecUpwN Ad-Free
24th November 2014, 03:26 AM |#66  
Quote:

Interesting. I thought that I coild build something like a RIFF box and then reflash the corrupted files?

You woudn't want to build a RIFF box. You could buy one. They may or may not have the module for your device. The way RIFF works is they actually create a module for each device. This is why I mentioned Josh Groce at MobileTechVideos.com. He has several methods and if one doesn't work, he can move to the next. He can even remove and rewrite NAND/EMMCs

Quote:

Oh, thank you so much for telling me! Hope that @E:V:A and @He3556 as well as @TobyKurien will pick this up as well.

What exactly do you mean by "default ID API key"? If you mean the OpenCellID issue, we are currently working on a better solution since OpenCellID is placing restrictions (certain amount of necessary data submissions) on us that we would like rule out. We will likely set up our own services, expexct that in the upcoming version. Hey, may I ask you which source you've installed our App from? Don't hesitate to contribute on our GitHub, we are searching for developers.

Yeah, OpenCellID API key. You should coordinate with them since you are obtaining data which may be useful to them as well. Apparently you have some major players on your side which could help out.

I'm pretty busy on what I'm doing right now. I am backlogged on CASUAL and I've been working on CASUALWear more recently. I also have many other projects which I am expected to partake in... It's just too crazy for me to take on any more.
24th November 2014, 04:37 PM |#67  
Flag DEUTSCHLAND!

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

YThis is why I mentioned Josh Groce at MobileTechVideos.com. He has several methods and if one doesn't work, he can move to the next. He can even remove and rewrite NAND/EMMCs more.

That dounds great, @AdamOutler. Could you do me the favor of getting me touch with him? I would like to give back the working device to my brother until christmas as a suprise. I will even pay for this thing to be repaired!
30th November 2014, 02:55 PM |#68  
Flag Bandung,Jabar
Thanks Meter: 3

Donate to Me
More
anyone can help to make a script for flashing boot with openocd<?..its a ARMv7 NANDFLASH with dead boot??..its a Hisense eg909.or Andromax AD683G..thanks
19th December 2014, 05:52 PM |#69  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 want to try JTag
Hello, first thing, the phone is completely dead, jig doesn't work.
I read through this thread, and some others, and since I'm not really the tech guy about this stuff, I would like to know what do I need for homemade JTag, I know about the serial port, I have recovery .dll for the phone downloaded.
Do I need to have Riff box now? Or can i just solder the serial cable to phone and reflash the chip with a program? which program? If anyone can explain briefly how this procedure should work, or post a link to some detailed information maybe I would be grateful. Thanks
21st December 2014, 04:42 PM |#70  
Flag DEUTSCHLAND!

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkolol

Hello, first thing, the phone is completely dead, jig doesn't work.
I read through this thread, and some others, and since I'm not really the tech guy about this stuff, I would like to know what do I need for homemade JTag, I know about the serial port, I have recovery .dll for the phone downloaded.
Do I need to have Riff box now? Or can i just solder the serial cable to phone and reflash the chip with a program? which program? If anyone can explain briefly how this procedure should work, or post a link to some detailed information maybe I would be grateful. Thanks

Build your JTAG here.
23rd December 2014, 10:39 PM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Build your JTAG here.

Hi, mind if I ask you where exactly? Your link doesn't seem to link anywhere I'm afraid :/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)