By kallt_kaffe, Senior Member on 11th March 2012, 09:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd September 2014, 10:46 AM |#231  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroooge

Hi,

I am using External Keyboard Helper Pro with my Galaxy S3 (Android 4.4) and I love it.

As in Germany the quotation marks are not written like this << >> but like that „ “ I need to have these both marks available. But the german keyboard layout only has " implemented (above number 2).

So I wanted to remap one of the other keys. The unicode for „ is 0x0084 as part of Unicode Range "Latin-1 Supplement".
But this unicode seems not to be available in External Keyboard Helper Pro. When I enter it, then only a blank field appears.
In order to check out if I did everything right, I tried another unicode and it worked fine.

Can you help?

Thanks in advance.
Hartmut

I solved it !!
It works, when using 0x201e

CU
Hartmut
15th October 2014, 02:12 AM |#232  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Would it be possible possible to provide a function to remap mouse right click button to "right click" instead of "back"? It would be very useful for people who are using remote control apps to operate Windows devices.

Or maybe there actually is a solution for that?
27th October 2014, 09:05 AM |#233  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chouck

How to keep onscreen keyboard while External Keyboard Helper Pro is the default one?
I need it as I am using HID Bluetooth remote and it is not a full keyboard, but only media control. I use External Keyboard Helper Pro to start apps on custom hotkeys.
Also how to start Shortcut (lets sat Tasker task or Music Playlist) not APP from External Keyboard Helper ?

I am also interested in how to keep the soft keyboard while using ekhp with my remote control. Changing keyboards from the settings menu or unplugging and reinsert the keyboard is not very convinient
31st October 2014, 02:49 PM |#234  

More
Cursor
Hi,

I have been using your app (external keyboard helper) for a patient that only can use an android tablet with an external keyboard. This app is perfekt for the patient, BUT we're missing settings for the cursor to navigate around the screen. It is very difficult for the patient to see the cursor, and to see which application the cursor has been navigated to. Now the cursor is a thin green square appearing around the apps on the homescreen. Is it possible to change the color and the size of the cursor, so the patient is able to see it clearly? Or do i need another app for this function? in that case, which one would you recommend?
4th November 2014, 12:42 AM |#235  
Flag Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 27

More
... just wanted to chime in and mention that this is a great app! I use it everyday with my Samsung SM-P900 and it has been terrific!
22nd November 2014, 02:52 AM |#236  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
EKH Pro being ignored.
Hi

Can someone help me get EKH Pro working please?

I have a Galaxy Tab S 8.4 16GB WiFi only. I have successfully paired it with a couple of UK layout keyboards, one being the Microsoft Wedge Mobile. EKH automatically selects the GB English keyboard. I can type stuff, but the keyboard still behaves as though it's a U.S. Layout, so the @, #, " and £ are in all the wrong places.

I've tried following the tutorials, deselecting all the other input methods that I can and ensured that only EKH is selected. But it still seems to pointedly ignore EKH altogether.

I notice that in the Settings > General > Language and input > Keyboards and Input Methods there is an entry for "Samsung Chinese IME" that I cannot deselect because the check box is greyed out. Could that be preventing EKH from working properly?
23rd November 2014, 06:27 PM |#238  

More
Ok. An update. I flashed my Tab-S, overwriting the Hong Kong firmware with the UK one. I successfully made the "Samsung Chinese IME" input method finally go away. Hurrah!

However, this has proven to be a red herring, or a wild goose chase or a red herring chasing a wild goose, or something. You get the idea. Anyway, it didn't work. EKH still gets ignored.

I managed to happen across the 'official' EKH website (http://www.apedroid.com/android-appl...eyboard-helper), and discovered this page which talks all about the problems with Samsung devices and how to work round them. Goodness me, how f****d up is Samsung's Android build forcing their keyboard on everybody like that. I've a good mind to ditch the Samsung firmware and go vanilla Android.

And perhaps I should. But first I'll try the workaround(s) and see if I can get an external UK keyboard working properly.

Any extra tips or knowledge about using EKH Pro on Galaxy Tab-S's would not go amiss if anyone has such experience they would be willing to share. Because I've noticed that the information on the tutorial 6 Samsung workaround page doesn't quite match what I see on a Tab-S. I don't see the Samsung's "Change input method" dialogue box and the "Choose input method" looks very different. So I'm not sure if the delay workaround will work.
24th November 2014, 09:58 PM |#239  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
LT in google docs
Nice app, worked fine on Sam P5100 until now. Normally I use lithuanian numeric keyboard but in Google Docs there are no lithuanian characters. Rest of the apps, including google sheets, have lithuanian characters. Any ideas?
The Following User Says Thank You to klajoklis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift klajoklis Ad-Free
26th November 2014, 01:31 AM |#240  

More
Exclamation DON'T Use Google Docs for External Keyboard Helper Pro!!!!!!!!
Yes, in addition to the post above. I accidentally found this out for myself just today. I have been struggling in vain to get EKH Pro working on my Galaxy Tab S. I've been flashing firmwares and rooting it, freezing apps and bloody all sorts. I've tearing my hair out (not literally, thank God).

It turns out EKH has been working all along. My mistake, I've discovered, is that I've been using Google Docs as a test area to type stuff as I try to get EKH Pro to work. EKH has ZERO effect in Google Docs. ZIP, NADA, NIET, NOWT.

EKH works everywhere else. It even works in other Google Office apps such as Sheets. In fact, on a Tab S there's no need to knobble the Samsung Keyboard or anything. EKH Pro works happily alongside everything else. This needs communicating to the EKH author (what a stand up fellow ) so he can put this nugget of information somewhere prominent until such time as Google fixes Docs.

In the meantime, it looks like I've going to have to drop Docs as my Word substitute and find something else. Isn't MS Office for tablets due imminently? Hope so, providing they haven't screwed THAT up.
2nd December 2014, 12:51 AM |#241  

More
Guys, I'm having a strange problem. I don't have any shortcuts configured, not in the app and not in the Android settings. But somehow, apparentlu, I activated a shortcut for "search". See this list: Android Keyboard Shortcuts: Apps

• Search + B: Open browser

• Search + C: Open contacts

• Search + E: Open e-mail

• Search + G: Open Gmail

• Search + I: Open calendar

• Search + M: Open maps

• Search + P: Open music

• Search + S: Open text messaging

• Search + Y: Open YouTube

This happen with my external USB keyboard (and I use the EKH Pro app). I jidt oress the "e" Key, and the e-mail open. I press the "y" Key, abd the YouTube open... It's like I, somehow, acticated this "search". But I don't have a "search" Key in my USB keyboard, and I don't press anyrhing, Just the letter ("e", or "y").
How can I desactivate this thing??? Please, I'm dying here >.<
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)