TWRP for A11_CHL and A11_UL 32-bit only

Search This thread

jmz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Here it is. I am only posting this temp until it is officially supported and Dees_Troy makes his own post.

From Fastboot

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

A big shoutout to @beaups for the assistance in getting a hacked together recovery booting so we could dump stock images.

This will work all on variants except the 64-bit version. I am currently working on getting 64-bit brought up.

Download

Last edited:

acesavant00

May 16, 2014
Brooklyn
Here it is. I am only posting this temp until it is officially supported and Dees_Troy makes his own post.

From Fastboot

This will work all on variants except the 64-bit version. I am currently working on getting 64-bit brought up.

Download
I tried the Fastboot option from my phone... but it doesn't pick up on the TWRP zip. I'm assuming that I'd need a computer, then? Or am I missing something?

Reactions: Crisrosas08

lox2013

Jun 5, 2013
www.getrootedtoday.com
Where is the superuser file to flash it

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Great job!!! Finally rooted! Bout to soff this bad boy and lower the dpi
Where is the zip file for superuser

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Its not a zip. Its an img file. Yes you need a computer.
You forget to put the superuser link to flash the zip

CurbThePain

Where is the superuser file to flash it

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Where is the zip file for superuser

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

You forget to put the superuser link to flash the zip

He never said he posted one. This isnt a root thread. Ill be making one. Just Wait a second and keep looking at the general section for the 510.

Reactions: lox2013

VigiDroid

Jan 13, 2011
Queensland
Can help with 64-bit

I live in Australia and am about to purchase this phone which means that it has the Snapdragon 410 built in. From what I have seen, that is what dictates that it is 64-bit, correct? If that is the case I will be able to provide pulled recoveries and whatever else the developers require if they include some basic instructions (I know my way around ADB, android SDK, etc.)

lox2013

Jun 5, 2013
www.getrootedtoday.com

From Fastboot

A big shoutout to @beaups for the assistance in getting a hacked together recovery booting so we could dump stock images.

Download
Doesn't work on my end and my boot loader is unlock I try it like 3times it keep giving me errors on it meaning it won't unload on fast boot I install drivers can u fix the recovery file

shinru2004

Mar 17, 2011
Great work as usual @jmz you did a great job on this one. glad it was twrp i prefer it over CWM, do you have a device tree available? i'm planning on starting work on the cricket variant for CM and AOKP soon as they release the kernel source........ Cricket is always last to have source released lol

jmz

Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Great work as usual @jmz you did a great job on this one. glad it was twrp i prefer it over CWM, do you have a device tree available? i'm planning on starting work on the cricket variant for CM and AOKP soon as they release the kernel source........ Cricket is always last to have source released lol

Yeah its on my github. But its not really useful for anything. The kernel is modded to boot recovery. attempting to use it as anything else will cause problems. The current A11_CHL is wrong. So I couldn't even compile a kernel for CDMA folks.

Reactions: shinru2004

shinru2004

Mar 17, 2011
The kernel source for the CDMA variant should be out, i think its under WWE on the htcdev site. i contacted HTC about releasing the kernel source for the Cricket variant. They are going to escalate it to the dev department. Hoping we have source code soon.

jmz

Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
The kernel source for the CDMA variant should be out, i think its under WWE on the htcdev site. i contacted HTC about releasing the kernel source for the Cricket variant. They are going to escalate it to the dev department. Hoping we have source code soon.

Yes its posted but the kernel source itself is wrong. It is missing everything for CDMA. All A11_CHL kernel source will be the same. You don't have to wait for cricket specific.

shinru2004

Mar 17, 2011
Yes its posted but the kernel source itself is wrong. It is missing everything for CDMA. All A11_CHL kernel source will be the same. You don't have to wait for cricket specific.

Let me know if you need help with anything, most of my experience with android is smali and kernel related, although i have built custom roms from AOKP and CM

acesavant00

May 16, 2014
Brooklyn
I was able to unlock my bootloader, and subsequently flash the recovery and root my phone! This is AWESOME! My cousin brought over his laptop for Thanksgiving. So, thank you, jmz, and CurbThePain, for constructing the recovery and leaving off instructions for everything.

It's a lil suckish that I'm unable to go full blown crazy and debloat everything, or install Viper4Android FX, but it is still leagues better to have this rooted. Thank you guys!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

From Fastboot

Download
    I tried the Fastboot option from my phone... but it doesn't pick up on the TWRP zip. I'm assuming that I'd need a computer, then? Or am I missing something?

Its not a zip. Its an img file. Yes you need a computer.
    I was able to unlock my bootloader, and subsequently flash the recovery and root my phone! This is AWESOME! My cousin brought over his laptop for Thanksgiving. So, thank you, jmz, and CurbThePain, for constructing the recovery and leaving off instructions for everything.

It's a lil suckish that I'm unable to go full blown crazy and debloat everything, or install Viper4Android FX, but it is still leagues better to have this rooted. Thank you guys!

If you are on Cricket, i have a custom kernel i'm about to release that removes write protection, and i will look into porting viper over to our device :)

From Fastboot

Download
    If you are on Cricket, i have a custom kernel i'm about to release that removes write protection, and i will look into porting viper over to our device :)

Just a "btw" there's a module on xposed that allows writing to the sd. I've tested and verified that it works on my cricket branded 510. It's called "KitKat sd card full access" of course it requires xposed but let's be honest, who roots and DOESN'T install xposed lol.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using XDA Free mobile app