FORUMS

[ROM] [5.1] [10/22/15] LolliGPE - Sense Apps, Xposed, F2FS, Themes[MULTICARRIER]

3,622 posts
Thanks Meter: 12,019

By digitalhigh, Inactive Recognized Developer on 13th April 2014, 06:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from digitalhigh: Lollipop GPE for All HTC M8 Carriers
29th November 2014, 05:14 PM |#6391  
Thanks Meter: 2,613

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireguy0306

I had it in the zip but not in the ROMs init.d folder. I tried running the file as root and it failed with a permission error.

You won't see it in the system just in the zip cause if u look at the script last command is to remove script.
If you want casting for chrome cast just run this in terminal
As root

sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.gsf/databases/gservices.db "insert into overrides values('gms:cast:mirroring_enabled',1);"

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to runandhide05 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift runandhide05 Ad-Free
29th November 2014, 05:14 PM |#6392  
Flag Chicagoish
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Great work! I'm too impatient to wait for the small update you just mentioned!

Sorry to hear about the kanging. I guess the only positive thing you can take from it is you clearly do great work. No one kangs garbage after all!

On a side note, it's a bummer the forum doesn't have a feature that allows the OP to great a floating post that will follow the thread as you scroll... "Read the FAQ".... That might keep DH from having an aneurysm....

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
29th November 2014, 05:42 PM |#6393  
Thanks Meter: 4,151

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric turd

Dont know if anyone noticed, but its funny when this rom is updated so is that "other one"!!!! Its pathetic how obvious that guy is

Yes, I'm working on my ROM as well. Not sure how that's odd. See next comment as well, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky_005

It's nearly the same changelog too

No, it really isn't. The only two things in common are updating SuperSU (which is an app that notifies you when it's updated) and the APM. I based my APM off a MOD posted for Skydragon, along with some of my own changes to it. This was being worked prior. At least I gave credit to the author of the MOD. For the rest, a quick comparison of the ROMs would show we are doing different things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runandhide05

You won't see it in the system just in the zip cause if u look at the script last command is to remove script.
If you want casting for chrome cast just run this in terminal
As root

sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.gsf/databases/gservices.db "insert into overrides values('gms:cast:mirroring_enabled',1);"

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk 2

Apparently this was added to this ROM shortly after I added it to mine and released it. Looks like a lot of my tweaks are in there with it as well. Interesting, considering they've been in my ROM much longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezer23

Great work! I'm too impatient to wait for the small update you just mentioned!

Sorry to hear about the kanging. I guess the only positive thing you can take from it is you clearly do great work. No one kangs garbage after all!

Other than the initial base being used, nothing was "kanged" into my ROM. I admit I didn't realize up front all dh did, but I gave him credit after he showed me. I gave credit to holyangel up front and he's been cool with it. I'm just not sure why it's joked that I'm kanging when clearly there are scripts in here that were in my ROM first and with no mention whatsoever. You can make jokes about how effective they are or what they do (although I'd love to prove it), but the point is they are there.

I don't have any beef. I think digitalhigh is fantastic at what he does and he deserves mad props. I just think people should get their stories straight before they choose to disrespect anyone. At the end of the day, we are all trying to provide people - real people - with the best possible experience with their phones.

@digitalhigh, I know you like to make little jabs at me and that's fine. I've asked before and I'll ask again, if you have issue with the base please let me know and we can work it out. There's no sense in letting this nonsense go on.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to okibi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift okibi Ad-Free
29th November 2014, 05:50 PM |#6394  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicshaman

Lots of freezes here, random apps. Have trouble restarting then, hangs on HTC screen a lot.

Same here. If I close all recent apps it seems to resolve the issue for a while.
29th November 2014, 05:51 PM |#6395  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertsm

Same here. If I close all recent apps it seems to resolve the issue for a while.

Same. Freezing while downloading music and going into another app.
29th November 2014, 05:51 PM |#6396  
Thanks Meter: 144

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by okibi

Yes, I'm working on my ROM as well. Not sure how that's odd. See next comment as well, please.

No, it really isn't. The only two things in common are updating SuperSU (which is an app that notifies you when it's updated) and the APM. I based my APM off a MOD posted for Skydragon, along with some of my own changes to it. This was being worked prior. At least I gave credit to the author of the MOD. For the rest, a quick comparison of the ROMs would show we are doing different things.

Apparently this was added to this ROM shortly after I added it to mine and released it. Looks like a lot of my tweaks are in there with it as well. Interesting, considering they've been in my ROM much longer.

Other than the initial base being used, nothing was "kanged" into my ROM. I admit I didn't realize up front all dh did, but I gave him credit after he showed me. I gave credit to holyangel up front and he's been cool with it. I'm just not sure why it's joked that I'm kanging when clearly there are scripts in here that were in my ROM first and with no mention whatsoever. You can make jokes about how effective they are or what they do (although I'd love to prove it), but the point is they are there.

I don't have any beef. I think digitalhigh is fantastic at what he does and he deserves mad props. I just think people should get their stories straight before they choose to disrespect anyone. At the end of the day, we are all trying to provide people - real people - with the best possible experience with their phones.

@digitalhigh, I know you like to make little jabs at me and that's fine. I've asked before and I'll ask again, if you have issue with the base please let me know and we can work it out. There's no sense in letting this nonsense go on.

Seems like an honest post to me... Unless I've missed something...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to schwartz.matthew.e For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift schwartz.matthew.e Ad-Free
29th November 2014, 06:00 PM |#6397  
Toledo
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon0212

Same. Freezing while downloading music and going into another app.

I clean flashed and ran great for a few hours. Then data dropped while driving and I couldn't get it back. Tried airplane mode and rebooting it got stuck on HTC screen.....restored back
Sprint--s-off
29th November 2014, 06:00 PM |#6398  
Flag Ames, IA
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicshaman

Lots of freezes here, random apps. Have trouble restarting then, hangs on HTC screen a lot.

Getting the same issues. Tons of freezes on the 11/28 build.. It will randomly lock up and crash to a black screen for anywhere from 3 to 10 minutes. I'm probably going to have to flash back to 11/26
29th November 2014, 06:12 PM |#6399  
Flag Ft. Lauderdale
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintenk

Getting the same issues. Tons of freezes on the 11/28 build.. It will randomly lock up and crash to a black screen for anywhere from 3 to 10 minutes. I'm probably going to have to flash back to 11/26

Same here, Maps froze the phone for me. Ive heard Facebook has some issues too. Im bored at work so will see if I can see whats causing it.
29th November 2014, 06:22 PM |#6400  
Thanks Meter: 581

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by okibi

Having used both roms, I can honestly say that there are noticeable differences in how they perform in different situations that simply wouldn't occur if one was a straight-up kang of the other. Personally, I'm just happy that we have a couple great options for GPE Lollipop roms on this phone.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maxpower7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maxpower7 Ad-Free
29th November 2014, 06:30 PM |#6401  
Flag boston
Thanks Meter: 957

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower7

Having used both roms, I can honestly say that there are noticeable differences in how they perform in different situations that simply wouldn't occur if one was a straight-up kang of the other. Personally, I'm just happy that we have a couple great options for GPE Lollipop roms on this phone.

+1
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)