FORUMS

[ROM] [5.1] [10/22/15] LolliGPE - Sense Apps, Xposed, F2FS, Themes[MULTICARRIER]

3,622 posts
Thanks Meter: 12,019

By digitalhigh, Inactive Recognized Developer on 13th April 2014, 07:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from digitalhigh: Lollipop GPE for All HTC M8 Carriers
29th November 2014, 07:30 PM |#6401  
Flag boston
Thanks Meter: 957

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower7

Having used both roms, I can honestly say that there are noticeable differences in how they perform in different situations that simply wouldn't occur if one was a straight-up kang of the other. Personally, I'm just happy that we have a couple great options for GPE Lollipop roms on this phone.

+1
29th November 2014, 07:31 PM |#6402  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Milwaukee, WI
Thanks Meter: 12,019

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by okibi

Yes, I'm working on my ROM as well. Not sure how that's odd. See next comment as well, please.

No, it really isn't. The only two things in common are updating SuperSU (which is an app that notifies you when it's updated) and the APM. I based my APM off a MOD posted for Skydragon, along with some of my own changes to it. This was being worked prior. At least I gave credit to the author of the MOD. For the rest, a quick comparison of the ROMs would show we are doing different things.

Apparently this was added to this ROM shortly after I added it to mine and released it. Looks like a lot of my tweaks are in there with it as well. Interesting, considering they've been in my ROM much longer.

Other than the initial base being used, nothing was "kanged" into my ROM. I admit I didn't realize up front all dh did, but I gave him credit after he showed me. I gave credit to holyangel up front and he's been cool with it. I'm just not sure why it's joked that I'm kanging when clearly there are scripts in here that were in my ROM first and with no mention whatsoever. You can make jokes about how effective they are or what they do (although I'd love to prove it), but the point is they are there.

I don't have any beef. I think digitalhigh is fantastic at what he does and he deserves mad props. I just think people should get their stories straight before they choose to disrespect anyone. At the end of the day, we are all trying to provide people - real people - with the best possible experience with their phones.

@digitalhigh, I know you like to make little jabs at me and that's fine. I've asked before and I'll ask again, if you have issue with the base please let me know and we can work it out. There's no sense in letting this nonsense go on.

You're right. I've been being a di$k, and there's really no reason for it. I approached you wrong in the beginning, and tbh, I've had some lingering hostility since our conversation on RootzWiki.

However, in the spirit of the community, I'm willing to admit where I'm wrong, and offer a truce.

Hell, a few times, I've wanted to PM you and ask you about your scripts. Yes, I borrowed from your SQL injections script - not as a blatant kang, but because I've been beating my head against the wall trying to figure out why it keeps on getting permissions denied, and how to fix it. Have you tried running it from shell? Is it working for you?

On that note, you should double-check your tweaks...I think a few of them are not getting allowed the proper permissions to do what they're intended to do. I've been checking yours and mine - see what works, what doesn't, what isn't applicable, and what can be updated - and I think we're both throwing a lot of crap in that doesn't need to be there.

And as you pointed out - updating superSU regularly and frequently on a new ROM isn't kanging...it's just good practice.

So yeah, @okibi, hit me up on PM. Maybe if instead of butting heads, we put them gently together, we'd do a lot more for everybody involved.
The Following 41 Users Say Thank You to digitalhigh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift digitalhigh Ad-Free
29th November 2014, 07:46 PM |#6403  
Thanks Meter: 252

More
Is anyone Else having issues with SMS on sprint.
29th November 2014, 07:47 PM |#6404  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon0212

Same. Freezing while downloading music and going into another app.

Got it too. Reflashed the ROM. Will report if that helped.
29th November 2014, 07:50 PM |#6405  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Standing applause. Great work both devs.
29th November 2014, 07:51 PM |#6406  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalhigh

You're right. I've been being a di$k, and there's really no reason for it. I approached you wrong in the beginning, and tbh, I've had some lingering hostility since our conversation on RootzWiki.

However, in the spirit of the community, I'm willing to admit where I'm wrong, and offer a truce.

Hell, a few times, I've wanted to PM you and ask you about your scripts. Yes, I borrowed from your SQL injections script - not as a blatant kang, but because I've been beating my head against the wall trying to figure out why it keeps on getting permissions denied, and how to fix it. Have you tried running it from shell? Is it working for you?

On that note, you should double-check your tweaks...I think a few of them are not getting allowed the proper permissions to do what they're intended to do. I've been checking yours and mine - see what works, what doesn't, what isn't applicable, and what can be updated - and I think we're both throwing a lot of crap in that doesn't need to be there.

And as you pointed out - updating superSU regularly and frequently on a new ROM isn't kanging...it's just good practice.

So yeah, @okibi, hit me up on PM. Maybe if instead of butting heads, we put them gently together, we'd do a lot more for everybody involved.

Applause!!!!
29th November 2014, 07:51 PM |#6407  
Flag Grand Forks
Thanks Meter: 423

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai7314

Is anyone Else having issues with SMS on sprint.

mine is OK coming and going.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zzz73 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zzz73 Ad-Free
29th November 2014, 07:53 PM |#6408  
Flag Lyman, ME
Thanks Meter: 143

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicshaman

Lots of freezes here, random apps. Have trouble restarting then, hangs on HTC screen a lot.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Try reflashing the rom... I have zero issues with 184 apps installed. Only app that works like crap is FB and thats because FB needs to update... If you fail... try again
29th November 2014, 07:53 PM |#6409  
Thanks Meter: 252

More
Hmm. I'll have to try again. I'm not getting them on any of the lollipop builds. Other than that I really enjoy the ROM.
29th November 2014, 08:05 PM |#6410  
Thanks Meter: 4,151

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalhigh

I'd say we're both guilty of that! I'll shoot you a PM in a minute, but I'll answer your public questions here first.

Yeah, I noticed some are sticking and some aren't. I've been looking into the permissions thing and I'm hoping to get it resolved today (more in PM). Some of the things in there are just things I've always done per my preference, but some could go away with lollipop. Others are minor tweaks that work with others to give a boost in performance. I can explain more in the PM if you like.

Yeah, I think if we just put our heads together (gotta say the gently thing feels a little.... yeah lol) that we would have some FANTASTIC ROMs!

Truce, buddy!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to okibi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift okibi Ad-Free
29th November 2014, 08:14 PM |#6411  
Thanks Meter: 2,613

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by okibi

Yes, I'm working on my ROM as well. Not sure how that's odd. See next comment as well, please.

No, it really isn't. The only two things in common are updating SuperSU (which is an app that notifies you when it's updated) and the APM. I based my APM off a MOD posted for Skydragon, along with some of my own changes to it. This was being worked prior. At least I gave credit to the author of the MOD. For the rest, a quick comparison of the ROMs would show we are doing different things.

Apparently this was added to this ROM shortly after I added it to mine and released it. Looks like a lot of my tweaks are in there with it as well. Interesting, considering they've been in my ROM much longer.

Other than the initial base being used, nothing was "kanged" into my ROM. I admit I didn't realize up front all dh did, but I gave him credit after he showed me. I gave credit to holyangel up front and he's been cool with it. I'm just not sure why it's joked that I'm kanging when clearly there are scripts in here that were in my ROM first and with no mention whatsoever. You can make jokes about how effective they are or what they do (although I'd love to prove it), but the point is they are there.

I don't have any beef. I think digitalhigh is fantastic at what he does and he deserves mad props. I just think people should get their stories straight before they choose to disrespect anyone. At the end of the day, we are all trying to provide people - real people - with the best possible experience with their phones.

@digitalhigh, I know you like to make little jabs at me and that's fine. I've asked before and I'll ask again, if you have issue with the base please let me know and we can work it out. There's no sense in letting this nonsense go on.

I don't know why you quoted me, however I haven't seen any credit for this in any Roms that added it... Its originally from @r3pwn and he should be mentioned. He found it shortly after google made casting available on chromecast

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to runandhide05 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift runandhide05 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)