Latest SQLite binary for June 2015

162 posts
Thanks Meter: 112

By tech128, Senior Member on 25th April 2014, 04:34 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th September 2014, 01:03 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
How do I use this? please help, I'm doing a research on how to speed up an application that uses sqlite database. Right now, this is one option.

11th October 2014, 04:59 AM |#12  
Flag Patra
Thanks Meter: 854

More
Armv6 flags? So it's useless on Nexus 4/5 etc with armv7 CPUs? Can we find one which is optimised for high end devices?
11th November 2014, 07:18 AM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 112

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr3quency

Armv6 flags? So it's useless on Nexus 4/5 etc with armv7 CPUs? Can we find one which is optimised for high end devices?

No not useless, just less than optimal. Not really sure of the speedup, since I don't do benchmarks. I try to optimize it as much as possible without breaking it x_X

I was initially planning to put out both armv6 and armv7 ports at the same time, but then I realized most android utilities aren't compiled with proper 64bit file support.

So I've been trying to figure that out first. And also, most people don't use sqlite for anything earth-shattering anyway, mostly vacuum, reindex, create database from sql statements, etc.

Oooooo just saw this while searching for sqlite performance enhancements. https://sqlite.org/src4/doc/trunk/www/design.wiki

Very nice.

I'd also like to try to switch to musl as the standard library since alireza7991 has said it makes things smaller and faster. Not sure how feasible that will end up for me though...

It doesn't look like sqlite can parallelized at all though. See here: http://blogs.perl.org/users/timm_mur...nd-writes.html

There is a fork/variant of sqlite called paralite that uses threading, but I don't think it retains the same file format compatibility and it looks like it introduces some bugs.

Unfortunately real life stuff takes precedence so things will progress slower than I would like. But at least I know there's lots to look forward to even just for sqlite lol.
20th November 2014, 01:42 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Will it work on L?
My current sqlite3 binary won't work on Lollipop because it needs to be a PIE (position independent executable) and so far I haven't been able to find one compiled that way. Is yours?

Thanks
30th November 2014, 05:17 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanobrain

My current sqlite3 binary won't work on Lollipop because it needs to be a PIE (position independent executable) and so far I haven't been able to find one compiled that way. Is yours?

Thanks

I'll attach one that I have working for me. You'll need to extract the zip and then place sqlite3 in /system/xbin and then you should be able to call your sqlite3 similar (if not the same) as you did before.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sqlite3.zip - [Click for QR Code] (209.1 KB, 2520 views)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to maττ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maττ Ad-Free
30th November 2014, 06:40 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maττ

I'll attach one that I have working for me. You'll need to extract the zip and then place sqlite3 in /system/xbin and then you should be able to call your sqlite3 similar (if not the same) as you did before.

Mahalo
11th December 2014, 03:51 PM |#17  
Recognized Contributor
TampaBay
Thanks Meter: 36,408

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

This SQLite seems to be Android L (5.0) compatible on the Galaxy S5.
I appreciate the upload as well. I was getting the PIE errors too when trying to verify sql scripts were running.
11th December 2014, 04:05 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanobrain

Mahalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdunham

This SQLite seems to be Android L (5.0) compatible on the Galaxy S5.
I appreciate the upload as well. I was getting the PIE errors too when trying to verify sql scripts were running.

Awesome! Glad to hear this helped you out. I was in a pickle with that one when it first came out as well because a lot of my Tasker stuff depends on sqlite.
12th December 2014, 08:00 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 31

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for this, I am one of those enthusiasts who focuses on tweaking my phone and I am currently testing your version of sqlite3 on my MT6582 devices.

On my script, your version of sqlite3 is working like a charm... I will still observe.

Here's a snippet of my defrag script.

Quote:

Database /data/data/com.android.dialer/databases/dialer.db: VACUUM=SUCCESS REINDEX=SUCCESS
Database /data/data/com.android.providers.downloads/databases/downloads.db: VACUUM=SUCCESS REINDEX=SUCCESS
Database /data/data/com.google.android.gms/databases/upload_queue.db: VACUUM=SUCCESS REINDEX=SUCCESS
Database /data/data/com.google.android.gms/databases/google_analytics.db: VACUUM=SUCCESS REINDEX=SUCCESS
Database /data/data/com.google.android.gms/databases/plus.db: VACUUM=SUCCESS REINDEX=SUCCESS
Database /data/data/com.google.android.gms/databases/node.db: VACUUM=SUCCESS REINDEX=SUCCESS
Database /data/data/com.google.android.gms/databases/gcore_ulr_UlrLocation.db: VACUUM=SUCCESS REINDEX=SUCCESS
Database /data/data/com.google.android.gms/databases/gcore_ulr_ActivityDetection.db: VACUUM=SUCCESS REINDEX=SUCCESS
Database /data/data/com.google.android.gms/databases/gcore_ulr_ApiMetadata.db: VACUUM=SUCCESS REINDEX=SUCCESS
Database /data/data/com.google.android.gms/databases/keys.db: VACUUM=SUCCESS REINDEX=SUCCESS
Database /data/data/com.google.android.gms/databases/ns.db: VACUUM=SUCCESS REINDEX=SUCCESS
Database /data/data/com.google.android.gms/databases/rmq.db: VACUUM=SUCCESS REINDEX=SUCCESS
Database /data/data/com.google.android.gms/databases/playlog.db: VACUUM=SUCCESS REINDEX=SUCCESS
Database /data/data/com.google.android.gms/databases/gcm_registrar.db: VACUUM=SUCCESS REINDEX=SUCCESS
Database /data/data/com.google.android.gms/databases/peoplelog.db: VACUUM=SUCCESS REINDEX=SUCCESS
Database /data/data/com.google.android.gms/databases/pluscontacts.db: VACUUM=SUCCESS REINDEX=SUCCESS
Database /data/data/com.google.android.gms/databases/connectionconfig.db: VACUUM=SUCCESS REINDEX=SUCCESS
Database /data/data/com.google.android.gms/databases/google_account_history.db: VACUUM=SUCCESS REINDEX=SUCCESS
Database /data/data/com.google.android.gms/databases/dg.db: VACUUM=SUCCESS REINDEX=SUCCESS

The Following User Says Thank You to eyesfortech For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eyesfortech Ad-Free
12th December 2014, 08:07 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
What is sqlite binary?
I am an android developer and using sqlite database but i didn't hear before about sqlite binary!
Could you please explain me what is this ?

Thanks in advance
12th December 2014, 08:41 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 31

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:

Thanks for this, I've tried this also on my Android 4.4 MTK6582 defrag and VACUUM scripts and it worked
The Following User Says Thank You to eyesfortech For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eyesfortech Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)