[NDK & VNC] VNC server on Android

Search This thread

leenetwork

Jun 2, 2014
I am currently working on VNC server that can run in android native environment (AOSP).

With help from libvncserver and droid-vnc-server, I could load VNC server daemon running on the android.

So far, I tried in Nexus 7, Galaxy Tab 3 (10.1 x86), Galaxy prevail, Nexus 4, Galaxy S3.

Only in galaxy prevail returns a screen installed by libvncserver. I think libvncserver does not deal with 32 bpp.

Whereas droid-vnc-server runs fine in Nexus 7 and Galaxy Tab 3 but once I try to connect to VNC server, the server returns only black screen.

It looks like the problem is that rfb is not correctly getting framebuffer.

Nexus 7 has Tigra and Galaxy tab 3 uses raw fb0 (YAY x86!!)

Did anyone successfully run droid-vnc-server ????

pierreg06

Nov 28, 2014

As of now, I was able to:
* make it run on Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 without code change
* make it run on Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 with code change:
- using fb method, mmap() call succeed but it appears that the virtual memory is never updated (a black screen if displayed on vnc cleint side) => so I have "simulated" the mmap() behavior by re-readingfb0 again and again (for sure it is not effeicient but it is functional)

However, I cannot make it run on Samsung Galaxy S3 i9305.
=> mmap() fails everytimes on fb0
=> ioctl always reports a bad height of ...50px => it corresponds to the android banner....
=> if I replace mmap() by the looping read algorithm, I could see the 720x50px windows reported on the VNC client side....so not the full screen....
=> using ioctl -rl 28 /dev/graphics/fb0 17920, I confirm that height is well seen at 50px .... so, again, seems to be a wrong value

Pierre