By grant2, Senior Member on 18th January 2013, 06:49 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th August 2014, 02:19 PM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Plug
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagim

The plastic button just presses a button soldered on a daughterboard. You can use it to power back on, if you can access it somehow. The power button is on the same side as the ribbon cables, so you have to be very careful when checking it (but I'm not sure if you can see anything from there). Also, the daughterboard which hosts the buttons use a ribbon cable connecting to the mainboard, too. Maybe you can check this also, if it has become disconnected.

Thanks, I will proceed with caution. If I understand your graphic, there are 3 screws that hold the plate at the power button and volume sliders, so removing those gets me access to the buttons. It seems like the button is just stuck in, so whatever spring mechanism under the button is either broken or jammed. Seems like it would be easy to replace, so I will give it a shot. Would you recommend a button, or the cable as well for replacement?

Worst case, I guess I could remove the button and use something pointy to get to the button. The ear speaker blew out last week as well, so I suppose I at the end of the useful life of the phone.

Thanks again!
27th August 2014, 03:20 PM |#92  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiferman

Thanks, I will proceed with caution. If I understand your graphic, there are 3 screws that hold the plate at the power button and volume sliders, so removing those gets me access to the buttons. It seems like the button is just stuck in, so whatever spring mechanism under the button is either broken or jammed. Seems like it would be easy to replace, so I will give it a shot. Would you recommend a button, or the cable as well for replacement?

Worst case, I guess I could remove the button and use something pointy to get to the button. The ear speaker blew out last week as well, so I suppose I at the end of the useful life of the phone.

Thanks again!

It's not my graphic, but yes, those 3 screws hold the buttons flex cable. The way I see, you should remove the battery too to get to the screws, unfortunately.
You can find them on ebay, here's one for the buttons:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-MOTOROLA...item1e90e1fdc4
And with the flex cable part, if necessary:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-MOTOROLA...item19f26a3400
2nd October 2014, 04:31 AM |#93  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Very nice to see what this device has on the insides. Awesome post.
4th October 2014, 02:17 AM |#94  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Anyone here already upgraded the XT925 with the maxx battery?

Someone knows where can I buy the battery + back case?
4th October 2014, 09:30 AM |#95  
Thanks Meter: 339

More
check ebay
4th October 2014, 10:25 AM |#96  
Thanks Meter: 1,086

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amedeh123

Anyone here already upgraded the XT925 with the maxx battery?

Someone knows where can I buy the battery + back case?

If you do this, pleaaassseee post about how it went and how you put it together and all about it. Pretty please!
4th October 2014, 12:11 PM |#97  

More
I have removed battery from xt 925 just as a curious teardown. Most difficult step I encountered was pulling the battery 🔋, that sticky isht was very strong. I almost bent it a bit. So, my advice, take your time with the sticky bit, it requires some serious pulling. But it gets done.
4th October 2014, 08:41 PM |#98  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by niksy+

If you do this, pleaaassseee post about how it went and how you put it together and all about it. Pretty please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbenz2008

I have removed battery from xt 925 just as a curious teardown. Most difficult step I encountered was pulling the battery 🔋, that sticky isht was very strong. I almost bent it a bit. So, my advice, take your time with the sticky bit, it requires some serious pulling. But it gets done.

My problem isnt really tearing it down, ive also done a curious teardown on my rhd, my problem is i dont know where to find the parts to do the conversion (battery + back cover)

I can find it on US stores/sites but usually they dont ship internationally
6th October 2014, 08:04 PM |#99  
Thanks Meter: 94

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by niksy+

have a look here and here
The Following User Says Thank You to bgumble For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bgumble Ad-Free
1st December 2014, 10:04 AM |#100  

More
anyone have the schematics of the xt 925? i need to locate the gps chip.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
razr hd, teardown

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)