Frequently Asked Questions-Verizon Galaxy Note 2

1,920 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,314

Post Reply Email Thread
21st August 2014, 12:35 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
got a new note with latest firmware
I got this note 2 with VRUFND7 im pretty sure that's bad. what are my options? I would like to root it just so ican tether. I have unlimited data plan and would like to continue to use it. if there is any option besides foxfi that does not require you to lock your phone that would be great. That is really the only reason I want to root. any chance there will be an update soon to get around the locked boot loader?

21st August 2014, 03:35 AM |#12  
Flag Enterprise
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_chimpo

I got this note 2 with VRUFND7 im pretty sure that's bad. what are my options? I would like to root it just so ican tether. I have unlimited data plan and would like to continue to use it. if there is any option besides foxfi that does not require you to lock your phone that would be great. That is really the only reason I want to root. any chance there will be an update soon to get around the locked boot loader?

No root method for ND7. Also, more than likely there won't be a bootloader upon method.
19th October 2014, 02:27 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I have a SCH-I605 on ND7 with 4G. The service sucks. Prior to this, I had a SCH-R950 flashed to PagePlus with 3G and I got way better reception. My question is, how can I improve my 4G reception? Is there a updated radio file that I can flash?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Developers Premium, powered by appyet.com

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

Also, does anyone know how to update the prl on SCH-I605 running 4.4.2 stock, without flashing?

26th November 2014, 08:11 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Does verizon rom fit on at&t gn2 ?
29th November 2014, 06:27 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 957

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coco420

Does verizon rom fit on at&t gn2 ?

What are you asking?

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsingram

I have a SCH-I605 on ND7 with 4G. The service sucks. Prior to this, I had a SCH-R950 flashed to PagePlus with 3G and I got way better reception. My question is, how can I improve my 4G reception? Is there a updated radio file that I can flash?

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

Also, does anyone know how to update the prl on SCH-I605 running 4.4.2 stock, without flashing?

ND7 is newest and I have great signal. 3g and 4g are too different things. Maybe try switching to 3g only and see if you get good signal.
30th November 2014, 12:04 AM |#16  

More
Im asking if verizon custom rom. Work on at&t note 2
30th November 2014, 02:05 PM |#17  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coco420

Im asking if verizon custom rom. Work on at&t note 2

Nope. Just curious what custom rom for vzw were you interested in?
30th November 2014, 04:01 PM |#18  
Flag Santa Rosa
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I am currently on Alliance rom 30 with mj9 radio and want to upgrade to the nd7 radio. I downloaded nd7 radio and placed on external SD. Do I just flash in philz and good to go? Or is there any else that should be done first?
30th November 2014, 04:43 PM |#19  

More
Nothing in particular i like to test rom i have try tmobile at&t and n7105 rom i have try almost all that work with my i317m note 2
1st December 2014, 10:18 PM |#20  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro6i3

I am currently on Alliance rom 30 with mj9 radio and want to upgrade to the nd7 radio. I downloaded nd7 radio and placed on external SD. Do I just flash in philz and good to go? Or is there any else that should be done first?

Yes just flash the zip. No other steps.
The Following User Says Thank You to DreamFX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DreamFX Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)