[ROM MK4] Smoothest Note 2/3 Rom (imho)

Search This thread

lhc80

Jul 13, 2009
por hay
Hi all:

Anyone here know how to stop the OTA update? I am on 1.4 n2-n3 tester from JL. This morning I received a notification that the rom is ready for update. I already deleted it but want to stop it from happening again.

Thanks

This work for my

a9y5aheb.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: na_tra

cleric05

Jul 19, 2011
Texas
Re: "anyone else have this issue?"

Did you wipe your internal sdcard before installing the rom?

ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS ISSUE?

I know I'm late to this party, but I also have this issue. I have gone back to MK4 stock rooted, and formatted internal sd, /data and /data_media, /system, /data, /cache, /dalvik. everything I thought that was safe to format from recovery

I can save "scraps" from the air command spen feature, but when I go to apps and tap on the scrapbook app I receive the "unfortunately" error

I don't know if this is tied in, but I also do NOT have the accuweather clock widget...

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
I know I'm late to this party, but I also have this issue. I have gone back to MK4 stock rooted, and formatted internal sd, /data and /data_media, /system, /data, /cache, /dalvik. everything I thought that was safe to format from recovery

I can save "scraps" from the air command spen feature, but when I go to apps and tap on the scrapbook app I receive the "unfortunately" error

I don't know if this is tied in, but I also do NOT have the accuweather clock widget...

Did you verify the md5sum?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

avillal87

Mar 29, 2011
Has anyone from a way to swap extsd to the internal.

Is there a way enable the 1x when ur on it. I have tried to rewrite systemui but I keep getting errors. I don't know how to fix it. First I thought it was the java file on my laptop but I went home to desktop. No good. Updated the apktool and got a different error. I don't know. If someone can help thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First, I am not trying to take credit for this Rom in any kind of way,it is just the smoothest Rom that I have been able to run on my phone, and I would like to share it.
    Credit goes where credit is due, so the people that made this possible are tamirda and dr. ketan for this mod http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2537186 and Lorjay and {Team Rejects} for the stock 4.3 base found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541395, and always chainfire for root

attachment.php
    This Rom has everything, wifi hotspot, usb tethering built in
    Air Commands, though some don't work because they don't have the sensors
    Note 3 apps, and wallpapers, and Pen tools, to help keep you from losing your stylus and some really cool graphics when you use your stylus to unlock the screen.
    Really cool features like safety assistance
    I mean it has everything
    I'm not a developer, this is my first time creating a thread, but this Rom is so awesome and smooth, that I just had to, I am not trying to step on anyone's toes or make anyone mad, but I did put a lot of work into getting this thing to work the way it does, I hope everyone likes it as much as I do, I have been running this for a week now without one problem..

Newest version available, as of 01/09/2014 21:46 and thanks to​

JLMANCUSOfor the Aroma Installer and File Hosting!

1-9-13 Credit List and links

ianmb.. created the icons and splash for the aroma installer and
    modifed the framework-res.apk's with the air command icons

louforgiveno.. air command icons

kaos420.. increase sound mod http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2558723

And I would especially like to thank these guys for the support they constantly provide 24/7.
    If you have problems or questions, they are addressed or solved almost instantly,
    because there is always one of these guys close by to provide the best assistance....
    You guys can't be thanked enough!

Download here:

This is THE NEWEST NON-Aroma version

Installing the Full Rom with the new Aroma will format your internal SD, modifying the current install will only wipe Dalvik and Cache,
    Newest Stock MK4 with Note 3 Features without Aroma

NON-Aroma Installer v1.3 with working story album widget, etc. feb 8, 2014Smoothest Note 2/3 Rom 1.3 tester

Added transparent widgets (weather, samsung music, and alarm)

Has many new options that sprint/samsung disabled..
    sms recieved notification
    mms recieved notification
    mms read report
    wap push menu
    Cell Broadcast Menu
    Option to reset lockscreen password via google
    camera shutter sound menu
    enabled camera during call
    default camera storage on external sdcard
    do not pause music while using camcorder
    find my mobile
    camera during call
    moved bunch of apps/bloat to data/app so each user can remove what they want
    added in Shealth
    polaris5
    quickoffice

Added in google stuff
    launcher
    calendar
    camera
    gallery
    Aosp keyboard

thanks to
    xxbabiboi228xx
    working weather lockscreen
    fixed Roaming Indicator Off
    story album fixed

FOR THOSE WHO CARE THIS ZIP IS SIGNED. FOR THOSE WHO DONT KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS DONT WORRY
    So here are the plans.

Release one -- Smoothest Note 2/3 1.4-tester
    reverted phone, mms, launcher to Note 2
    fixed -- S-voice, smart clip
    reverted back to pure stock (widgets, apks, and air command)
    few tweaks added
    moved over 600 MB of apks to /data/app (user can uninstall)
    sony walkman software
    LG G2 Keyboard (with themes, handwriting, one had keyboard, 5th row numbers, imoji)
    plus few other extras
    This release should be ready hopefully in the next few days - a week

Release two -- Smoothest Note 2/3 S5 1.4-tester
    All same fixes and adds as release one
    Has S5 launcher, weather, and transparent flashbar (multi-window bar)
    transparent apks and widgets (will list later)
    Working on custom framework, systemui, and settings to look more like S5
    More to come...
    This release will take a bit longer due to all the custom work but I will put out a little teaser from time to time.
    As they say there is no such thing as a stupid question...but will our S-Pens still have work with the Release 2 option if you're going to base it off of the S5? Or will there be limited to use, etc?

Thanks,
    Coz

To clear this up both roms are note 4.3 based roms with note 3 features. The S5 version is not based off the S5 (which is 4.4 not 4.3). It will have the S5 launcher and weather widget which has been modified to run on 4.3. Then the rom will be themed to look like stockish S5 rom with note 3 features (lol!)

Now here is a link to smothest 1.4 N2-N3 tester. Will post a full change log later the preview stats listed the major things.

http://goo.im/devs/jlmancuso/l900/Smoothest/1.4-N2-N3-tester.zip

Well keep your eyes open. Things getting ready to change.

Well I been away for a bit and thought I would pick this project back up. I know smartclip and pagebuddy were issues and now have those fixed. Thinking about putting in the S5 launcher and a few other mods. I will also do a bloat free with flashable bloat zip.

And yes I will be removing all the aosp I had in the last tester. Oh and yes it will still have the note 3 features.