Post Reply Email Thread
16th April 2013, 05:09 AM |#41  
Fredericksburg, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Same Issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztotherad

sir you're in the wrong forum. this is the fascinate/mesmerize/showcase forum.

I'd search, using Google, and try to find the forum for the gtab 7. if possible, find an Odin tar, and pit. then flash that using Odin on Windows. sorry that i can't be of much help though. good luck though!

I am having a bit of the same issue as everyone else in the forum. I bought a showcase (for Straight Talk, already rooted) off of ebay. (I also do have a Verizon Fascinate, but only to mess around with) For some reason I can't get it to mount the cache etc.in recovery. So I was trying to take it back to stock using odin. (I am a bit new to odin) That does not seem to be working either. I can always do the cwm4 fix for cm7 and that gets me into recovery. Then if I reboot it brings me back up into the ROM that was on when I got the phone. I would use the phone like that but Wi-Fi for some reason doesn't work. I am kind of at a loss. One thing that is a bit interesting is that it seems that there are 2 versions of the showcase, the i500 and the s950c. I am starting to assume this is/was part of my problem. However I did try to flash a stock .pit and rom using odin for s950c showcase (my phone).

I am just getting very confused as to what I am doing wrong, I am not new to rooting.new ROMS etc. I have rooted several devices and have used more ROMS then I can remember. However I am by no means an expert. And especially the samsung/odin thing is new for me.
17th April 2013, 02:48 PM |#42  
Fredericksburg, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Talking It's Working
I just wanted to post to let people know that I got my phone working. While it may be a unique case I wanted to let others know what the problem was just in case others have the same issue. When I would start up the phone into recovery (using three finger) I would boot into clockworkmod.(v4.xx something) And it wouldn't mount the cache and so wouldn't let me do anything. If I messed anything up I could always flash cwm4 fixed for cm7 (using Odin) and that would always let me boot up fine into the existing messed up ROM I was running. (Note that the phone was bought rooted running the ROM that was not working correctly).

I got so frustrated I prayed about it... (yes I really did) But then I was messing around on my phone and decided to tell the ROM manager to boot up into recovery, and install the ROM. When I did, it booted up into a Team Win Recovery, recovery. I decided there isn't a harm in trying. So I tried the wiping, flashing etc. It didn't throw me any error and it works great now.

Maybe someone with some more know how can tell others exactly what I did and why it happened. But I am super stoked with the PA ROM that I am running now.
1st June 2013, 09:47 AM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Unhappy
i hava the same problem with you, i have compiled a recovery for mt6577,but the recovery get stuck while backing up boot partition.
10th August 2014, 03:03 PM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle.IT

I just wanted to post to let people know that I got my phone working. While it may be a unique case I wanted to let others know what the problem was just in case others have the same issue. When I would start up the phone into recovery (using three finger) I would boot into clockworkmod.(v4.xx something) And it wouldn't mount the cache and so wouldn't let me do anything. If I messed anything up I could always flash cwm4 fixed for cm7 (using Odin) and that would always let me boot up fine into the existing messed up ROM I was running. (Note that the phone was bought rooted running the ROM that was not working correctly).

I got so frustrated I prayed about it... (yes I really did) But then I was messing around on my phone and decided to tell the ROM manager to boot up into recovery, and install the ROM. When I did, it booted up into a Team Win Recovery, recovery. I decided there isn't a harm in trying. So I tried the wiping, flashing etc. It didn't throw me any error and it works great now.

Maybe someone with some more know how can tell others exactly what I did and why it happened. But I am super stoked with the PA ROM that I am running now.

You did manage to solve your problem only with TWRP?
18th November 2014, 01:45 AM |#45  
Flag Malaysia
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noicant

I had the same error a couple of hours ago with my galaxy y.

How i fix it;

i downloaded another CWM recovery on my PC and copied it on my galaxy's micro sd. then opened recovery mode and flashed the new CWM. Then all wipes worked.

Okay question! Where do i find a CWM recovery that can be flashed through the micro SD? They are all imgs and what we can flash are .zips right? A quick guidance much appreciated for the tormented soul
2nd December 2014, 02:39 PM |#46  
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MavPinch

Okay question! Where do i find a CWM recovery that can be flashed through the micro SD? They are all imgs and what we can flash are .zips right? A quick guidance much appreciated for the tormented soul

Hi Guys!

Same problem and same question please
2nd December 2014, 07:10 PM |#47  
Thanks Meter: 939

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTheNet

Hi Guys!

Same problem and same question please

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavPinch

Here is a (JB) jellybean 0729-CWM6_Recovery
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23050663588004893

Referenced in this post ::
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1694984

cwm6_recovery :: Contents:
Latest source built CWM Based 6.0.1.0 Recovery [b](Flashes Recovery only)(Does not affect ROM recovery)[\b]

That means flashing any other ROM will replace these recovery

===============================

Here is also the ICS
aokp-cm9-recovery :: Contents:
Latest source built CWM Based 5.5.0.4 Recovery (Flashes Recovery only)(Does not affect ROM recovery)

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23050663588004894

The Following User Says Thank You to hhp_211 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hhp_211 Ad-Free
3rd December 2014, 11:09 PM |#48  
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhp_211

Here is a (JB) jellybean 0729-CWM6_Recovery
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23050663588004893

Referenced in this post ::
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1694984

cwm6_recovery :: Contents:
Latest source built CWM Based 6.0.1.0 Recovery [b](Flashes Recovery only)(Does not affect ROM recovery)[\b]

That means flashing any other ROM will replace these recovery

===============================

Here is also the ICS
aokp-cm9-recovery :: Contents:
Latest source built CWM Based 5.5.0.4 Recovery (Flashes Recovery only)(Does not affect ROM recovery)

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23050663588004894

Hi, thanks : )

Fortunately I solved my problem by using this guide
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1#post57232751
...but now I have a battery problem (I described it there in that post).

Whould you be so kind to give it a thought?

Thanks... really
30th March 2015, 12:19 PM |#49  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi guys, i have similar problem - cant open cache in CWM and cant mount it, i can mount data/system, but not cache. AND i cant do factory reset, but if i do it, the phone will brick. At first (after fresh install) cache is mounted, but when i try to wipe it, it freezes in recovery, if i do factory reset it bricks. I have Lenovo A680_ROW MTK6582. How to fix it? If someone knows or have any suggestions, please share!
9th December 2015, 04:21 PM |#50  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Guys i had the same issue on my SPH-L710 with the whole
"E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log"
After a format/cache, 5 minutes of waiting, and a reboot recovery the issue was fixed.
13th December 2015, 06:31 PM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
[SOLVED]
[SOLVED]
THIS IS ONLY FOR THE FASCINATE/SHOWCASE/SCH-I500 or SCH-S950C.

THIS WILL NOT WORK IN THE I9000. In fact, flashing i9000 kernels (like Der Teufel / The Devil kernel, CAUSED THIS PROBLEM).

Fire up ODIN (I used ODIN 3.07 on Windows 10 (12/2015 patch level))
**Uncheck Auto-Reboot!! in ODIN before flashing.**
Use the PIT from EZbase (others might work)
and flash cwm4_fixed_for_cm7-ODIN.tar

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fk25duo59...37e4TOMia?dl=0
I put them on dropbox. Although you can find them in other threads/places. I did not keep track of where I found the copies, but I found them on 12/2015, so you should be able to also.

Unplug the phone and remove the battery. It will turn off.
Remove the MicroSD card and use a MicroSD card adapter, or other transfer method, copy in http://download.cyanogenmod.com/get/...scinatemtd.zip (the latest nightly CM10.1 Android 4.2.2x)

Remove and insert the MicroSD card to the phone.
Boot up the phone by holding the Vol Up & the Vol Down key, and press Power until you see SAMSUNG, then release the Power button. It will boot up into a 4.0.1.0 recovery. YOU MAY STILL SEE A CACHE ERROR... IGNORE IT.
Choose the option to load a ZIP from the SDCARD.
Flash cm-10.1-20130723-NIGHTLY-fascinatemtd.zip
[You should also flash the gapps for this at this time.]
It will reboot into the newer recovery, then continue with the update.
You should be done now.

No more /cache/ mount errors, no more stl11 errors.
I found a quote at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1190668
"All Samsung Roms run on top of BML/RFS, CyanogenMod 7 does NOT."

That means CM7 and above, are reformatting the devices' internal memory, effectively getting rid of the /cache/ error.

continues:
"It runs on MTD/yaffs2 (like Nexus One) which means you'll not able to flash just any kernel or run just any other filesystem you want. Use it as it is if possible, otherwise confirm with the kernel developer that you are trying to install whether it would work with CM. We do not support other kernels and know nothing about their capabilities or compatibility. Only the data partition, which is on movinand, is ext4 like on speedmod or voodoo ("lagfix"). No "lagfix" is necessary because this does not use any Samsung proprietary file systems."

IT RUNS ON MTD/yaffs2... etc etc, it's clear that this repartitions/reformats the device. A lot of the struggle I had for days, a week, was trying to set the PIT over with Heimdall or ODIN, and restoring to stock. Unfortunately once one of these i9000 type kernels or ROMs 'touch' your Fascinate, you can't go back to the stock, at least not from being stuck with the /cache/ mount errors. You might be able to go back from cm-10.1-20130723-NIGHTLY-fascinatemtd.zip.

StraightTalk.showcase.cm-10.1-20130723-NIGHTLY-fascinatemtd.zip is tweaked for the Showcase.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)