By NeoGraven, Member on 21st May 2014, 02:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd December 2014, 07:25 PM |#431  
Lunar Base VII, Sector IX
Thanks Meter: 589

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan GArner

I do not plan on activating my Phone through Boost. I am going to use it as wifi only (Making it a device for my kids). A nag screen comes up every boot trying to activate the phone. I have removed the sim card

Thanks,
Dan

Oh Ok, Gotcha now. Sorry for the confusion.
(de;eted rest of post due to confusion). lol , Sorry man, WIsh I could help.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rasa11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rasa11 Ad-Free

2nd December 2014, 07:36 PM |#432  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Thanks, I tried turning off talkback but my nag screen for Hands Free Activation keeps coming up.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dan GArner For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dan GArner Ad-Free
3rd December 2014, 01:38 AM |#433  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:

Thanks, I tried turning off talkback but my nag screen for Hands Free Activation keeps coming up.

try renaming Zone-Sprint.apk to Zone-Sprint.apk.bak in /system/priv-app
3rd December 2014, 02:55 AM |#434  

More
Thanks, I tried renameing Zone-Sprint.apk to bak, it but it still comes up

Hands Free Activation
Waiting for Repy
If you are not already working with a representative, select activate now

tries 5 times each boot

---------- Post added at 02:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

I went through 1 by one until I found it.

To disable the Hands Free Activation on the Boost Mobile LG Volt740 - rename the LGDMSClient.apk to .bak in the system/ app folder
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dan GArner For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dan GArner Ad-Free
3rd December 2014, 06:31 AM |#435  

More
Quote:

Thanks, I tried renameing Zone-Sprint.apk to bak, it but it still comes up

Hands Free Activation
Waiting for Repy
If you are not already working with a representative, select activate now

tries 5 times each boot

---------- Post added at 02:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

I went through 1 by one until I found it.

To disable the Hands Free Activation on the Boost Mobile LG Volt740 - rename the LGDMSClient.apk to .bak in the system/ app folder

I have the sprint version, I believe all i had to do was let it go thru with activation process that will ultimately fail since i never registered the MEID with Boost /sprint nor selected a plan. Then afterwards just turn off mobile network and configure ur wifi. Just got mine 2day. On the sprint version , first page of manual advised going to a website to register MEID and select plan, since I didn't do either activation failed . Hope that helps.
3rd December 2014, 08:52 AM |#436  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakazoid

I have the sprint version, I believe all i had to do was let it go thru with activation process that will ultimately fail since i never registered the MEID with Boost /sprint nor selected a plan. Then afterwards just turn off mobile network and configure ur wifi. Just got mine 2day. On the sprint version , first page of manual advised going to a website to register MEID and select plan, since I didn't do either activation failed . Hope that helps.

oops , guess I gave you wrong info. That did not work , apparently did not realize it was still doing it each time i rebooted cos i was so preoccupied with reading info on how to root it. I also tried removing the Sim card b4 powering but got same activation request. Unfortunately without MSL code , one cannot program it manually stop the activation nonsense..
3rd December 2014, 12:09 PM |#437  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakazoid

oops , guess I gave you wrong info. That did not work , apparently did not realize it was still doing it each time i rebooted cos i was so preoccupied with reading info on how to root it. I also tried removing the Sim card b4 powering but got same activation request. Unfortunately without MSL code , one cannot program it manually stop the activation nonsense..

Do you have LGDMSClient.apk in the system/ app folder? If so changing to .bak might work for you also.
3rd December 2014, 11:49 PM |#438  
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Tutorial
Good evening ladies and gents. I would like to know if anyone here would be kind enough to demonstrate a video tutorial on flashing a cwm recovery. I took a look at flashify, which seems like a great tool, but my current stock recovery no longer works because I 'broke' it by trying to flash the G3 keyboard with a locked bootloader Now every time I boot into it, I get either a package error or (When factory resetting the device) the screen will hang at "Factory Reset in Progress" until I pull the battery. Even if a video isn't recorded, I'd appreciate some help. Looking forward to a CM12 ROM in the works too.

*Edit: Ok, so I used Flashify and it looks like CWM is working My problem now is that I don't know how to unlock the bootloader. I'd like some help. Thank you in advance!
4th December 2014, 12:30 AM |#439  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Soft Bricked for two months. Fastboot stuck...
So, I did everything right except...
I DIDN'T BACK UP LAF!
When i turn on phone, Lg Logo comes up with:
[450] fastboot_init( )
[550] USB init ept @ 0xffe0000
[570] udc_start( )

If i plug into to charge with phone off:
Same first three as above, plus..
[700] -- reset --
[700] --portchange--
[890] --reset--
[1130] fastboot: processing commands

LgFlash Tool seems to start to work some as I
CAN access download mode.
But i can't get any further because..
NO MINI OS!
I can access the frozen Factory Reset screen,
but even after leaving in for 24 hours, it stays frozen
WHEN I TRY TO USE LAF TOOL... won't install laf.. Glitches download mode and everything is written in double letters.
Something like
DDOOWWNNLLOOAADD MMOODDEE
boot: pass
Recovery: failure to access tree

ANY IDEAS? BTW.. i fully restored my Lg G3 with no problems
4th December 2014, 12:49 AM |#440  
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Cyanogenmod for L90
So I was browsing some sites a few minutes ago and I found this ---------> http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-l...-d415-t2871371 Considering the L90 is practically the same device as LS740, and the same CWM recovery is used, is it possible that we can use this CM11 ROM for the LS740?
4th December 2014, 05:44 AM |#441  
Flag /system/xbin/su
Thanks Meter: 369

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsieur_beau19

So I was browsing some sites a few minutes ago and I found this ---------> http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-l...-d415-t2871371 Considering the L90 is practically the same device as LS740, and the same CWM recovery is used, is it possible that we can use this CM11 ROM for the LS740?

I don't know, every ROM comes with a custom boot image built specifically for that device based on a stock kernel. Flashing ROMs for a device that is different from your own sounds like a good way to brick your phone, even with a stable recovery.

>>>Sent from my rooted LGLS470 (Volt)<<<
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lg volt, ls740

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)