[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][Lollipop 5.1.1] CyanogenMod 12.1 for S4 Mini [3G|LTE|DUOS]

Search This thread

Flatric

Aug 31, 2013
I flashed JB modem BNB1, will report

I'm to stupid to find NJ6..::D

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

I arrive at evening, at about 40-50%, after it depends from how much you use phone, as i saw, my problem that battery was down in 4-5hours didn't depend from modem but from google position and others.
How they say in that thread, last from Germany has to be NJ4.

So I can't use NJ6?

thepunisherbs

Dec 29, 2013
St.Petersburg
I'm to stupid to find NJ6..::D

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

So I can't use NJ6?
This is NJ4 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx2R0nz6jh17cDFRcDJlakpyZmc/view?usp=sharing
This is NJ6 http://www24.zippyshare.com/v/54575993/file.html
This is NK1 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwt_FvteRPD7NFNzY3RSc2xnTmM/view?usp=sharing
You can use which you want. It's all for european version "XX", just the NJ4 they took it from Germany firmware.

Flatric

Aug 31, 2013
How do you mean that "curios" sorry don't understand it^^ MF7 is for Brazilia and I life in germany
sorry, spelling was wrong due to autocorrection :)
the right word is "curious" :)
F4k wrote about a jb modem "MF7", that is the one of I9195XXUAMF7 build from France. I tried to install it but odin doesn't work properly with this modem. i can install all the other modems but not this one, so i'm interested (curious) to know more about it from F4k :)

Reactions: Flatric

ert69

Jan 24, 2011
Why do you guys bother with the basebands? I have the original modem and battery drain on idle is 1.5%/h now. That's the normal drainage for me on any rom. Not gonna try to tweak it any further.

volksieboi

Aug 14, 2009
Cape Town
New builds online!

Android 5.0.1

I've added Network Speed Indicator on status bar, an option to enable/disable Battery Percentage and Show Wheater on status bar header.

Whoot... :good:

downloading now...

Just happy to see so many peeps testing and giving feedback... Our device seems to be living long

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
New builds online!

Android 5.0.1

I've added Network Speed Indicator on status bar, an option to enable/disable Battery Percentage and Show Wheater on status bar header.
Thank you for this! :)

Can we have a way to customize the weather information better? Right now it's either its way or the highway. :)) Meaning ON or OFF. Also, it's important to have a way to switch between F/C, especially for countries (including mine) that use Celsius instead of Fahrenheit. For example, 25 degrees F right now, doesn't tell me much. :)) It tells me that it's cold, which I know, cause I can tell by looking outside the window, and I know 0 C is somewhere around, if not exactly 32 F, so we've got probably around -5...degrees Celsius. I can of course use a convertor and see exactly what temperature 25F is in Celsius. But again, it would be nice to have it tell you the weather in Celsius as well, by default.
About battery percentage, I'm not a big fan of the percentage. But I know that's just me, I know many people are, so that's definitely a nice addition. However, I used to love the default battery circle indicator in CM11 (I used to use it without percentage, but I think there was an option for adding percentage as well). It would be nice to have it here as well, if possible.

I was going to ask you to give us a screenshot of that Network Speed Indicator of yours cause I wasn't able to find it in my status bar. Then I realized it's disabled by default. :)) So don't worry, it's there. I found it in settings, under Network Traffic.

Also, I've got a question: is there any way to take a screenshot directly from the device (something that can be added to the power menu, for example) like it was with CM11?

Unfortunately all the bugs reported so far (Chrome FC, Carrier Settings FC and WiFi not always connecting automatically, in my case) are still there. But you didn't mention anything about fixing them so I wasn't expecting them to be fixed. I was hoping they would be though. :p

And speaking about bugs, today, after upgrading to the latest build, I noticed that WiFi doesn't automatically connect, even though the network is there, it is saved and everything. It just doesn't connect by itself. If you go to settings and give it a nudge, it connects no problem. I don't even know if a log would help for this case... But if you think it would, next time I encounter this issue, I'll take a log and send it to you.

Last edited:

ert69

Jan 24, 2011

Can we have a way to customize the weather information better? Right now it's either its way or the highway. :)) Meaning ON or OFF. Also, it's important to have a way to switch between F/C, especially for countries (including mine) that use Celsius instead of Fahrenheit.
About battery percentage, I'm not a big fan of the percentage. But I know that's just me, I know many people are, so that's definitely a nice addition. However, I used to love the default battery circle indicator in CM11 (I used to use it without percentage, but I think there was an option for adding percentage as well). It would be nice to have it here as well, if possible.

I was going to ask you to give us a screenshot of that Network Speed Indicator of yours cause I wasn't able to find it in my status bar. Then I realized it's disabled by default. :)) So don't worry, it's there. I found it in settings, under Network Traffic.

Also, I've got a question: is there any way to take a screenshot directly from the device (something that can be added to the power menu, for example) like it was with CM11?

Unfortunately all the bugs reported so far (Chrome FC, Carrier Settings FC and WiFi not always connecting automatically, in my case) are still there. But you didn't mention anything about fixing them so I wasn't expecting them to be fixed. I was hoping they would be though. :p

And speaking about bugs, today, after upgrading to the latest build, I noticed that WiFi doesn't automatically connect, even though the network is there, it is saved and everything. It just doesn't connect by itself. If you go to settings and give it a nudge, it connects no problem. I don't even know if a log would help for this case... But if you think it would, next time I encounter this issue, I'll take a log and send it to you.

Use lp pre3 kernel. This fixes chrome and Wi-Fi problems. Take a screenshot by pressing power and vol down at the same time.

thepunisherbs

Dec 29, 2013
St.Petersburg

Can we have a way to customize the weather information better? Right now it's either its way or the highway. :)) Meaning ON or OFF. Also, it's important to have a way to switch between F/C, especially for countries (including mine) that use Celsius instead of Fahrenheit. For example, 25 degrees F right now, doesn't tell me much. :)) It tells me that it's cold, which I know, cause I can tell by looking outside the window, and I know 0 C is somewhere around, if not exactly 32 F, so we've got probably around -5...degrees Celsius. I can of course use a convertor and see exactly what temperature 25F is in Celsius. But again, it would be nice to have it tell you the weather in Celsius as well, by default.

About meteo in °C, i have it. So i have one question, did you use the widget CLock? Because when u put it on your home screen it pops up a menu in which you choose about meteo and others... I have it and i see Celsius, also in the status bar it shows the same...
And about network traffic which was added, you find this option in settings-->Status Bar. Just enable it and you will see speed of incoming and outcoming data as you want.

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
Use lp pre3 kernel. This fixes chrome and Wi-Fi problems. Take a screenshot by pressing power and vol down at the same time.
Thank you for the tip on the screenshot thing. Not quite intuitive as an option in the power menu, but just as effective. So thank you for that.
About custom kernels, I prefer to wait for those things to be fixed with this kernel. It doesn't bother me that much anyway.

What I don't quite understand is why aren't the changes in that pre3 kernel implemented into the default kernel as well, if you say it fixes a few issues? Which kernel does this ROM use? Is f4k also the developer of that kernel? Also, can you please, give me the direct link to that kernel thread? I can't find it, for the love of God. At least not under "pre3" and "kernel".

Also, another thing that's been bugging me from the very beginning about this section is why the hell are there two development sections? We've got S4 Mini Android Development and S4 Mini Original Android Development. What's so original about the last one? It confuses me. When I'm looking for a ROM, I need to look in both places. Why is that? :))

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

About meteo in °C, i have it. So i have one question, did you use the widget CLock? Because when u put it on your home screen it pops up a menu in which you choose about meteo and others... I have it and i see Celsius, also in the status bar it shows the same...
And about network traffic which was added, you find this option in settings-->Status Bar. Just enable it and you will see speed of incoming and outcoming data as you want.
Thank you. I found the option, after a while. :p I updated my post.

About CLock widget, I know there used to be an option in Settings to enter it and customize it. I can't find that anymore. Anyway, the trick of adding the widget on the homescreen fixes somehow the issue. But does not affect the temperature in the status bar in any way. So...even though te temperature displayed on the widget is now in Celsius (thank you), the one displayed in the status bar, is still in Fahrenheit.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo-cid.png

16m96w.jpg

WARNING! Unofficial ROMs for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-I9190, GT-I9192 and GT-I9195 variants only!)

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */
    CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Downloads
    CM12.1
    GT-I9190
    GT-I9192
    GT-I9195

CM12
    GT-I9190
    GT-I9195

OpenGAppshttp://opengapps.org/ 5.0.2 and 5.1
    GAPPS 5.1(Minimal Edition)

Installation

3-button-combo = "Volume Up" + "Home" + "Power"

- First time flashing CM12 to your Galaxy S4 Mini (or coming from TouchWiz/Stock Based ROMs)?
    1. Install a Custom Recovery (CWM, TWRP, Philz Touch)
    2. Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
    3. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition + format /system partition)
    5. Install the ROM from internal/external sdcard using the Custom Recovery that you've installed (CWM, TWRP, Philz Touch)
    6. Optionally install Google Apps
    7. Done! You can now reboot the phone to enjoy the rom
    - Upgrading from Official CM10.2/CM11?
    1. Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
    2. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    3. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition + format /system partition)
    4. Install the ROM from internal/external sdcard using the Custom Recovery that you've installed (CWM, TWRP, Philz Touch)
    5. Optionally install Google Apps
    6. Done! You can now reboot the phone to enjoy the rom
    - Upgrading from another build of CM12?
    1. Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
    2. Install the ROM from internal/external sdcard using the Custom Recovery that you've installed (CWM, TWRP, Philz Touch)
    3. Optionally install Google Apps
    4. WIPE Dalvik/ART Cache (wipe cache partition + wipe dalvik cache)
    5. Done! You can now reboot the phone to enjoy the rom

Main differences between Official ROM and this one
    • Compiled using -O3 optimizations
    • Compiled using Linaro 4.8.3 toolchain
    • Custom system animations available
    • Screen Recording feature added
    • Posibility to add Weather widget on Lockscreen
    • Custom colors on Lockscreen
    • Date customizations on Statusbar
    • Dotted Circle Battery added
    • Posibility to hide SuperSu icon on Statusbar
    • Traffic Meter on StatusBar
    • Smart Pulldown available
    • Four tiles per Row posibility
    • Wakelock Blocker
    • Customize QS Tiles: option to change icon colors, background colors and text colors.
    • Customize Expanded Header: option to change icon colors, background colors and text colors.
    • Added option to enable Task Manager on Expanded Header.
    • Longclick actions added on Expanded Header options.
    • Lockscreen blur and see through.

What works?
    • GPS
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
    • Sensors
    • Camera
    • Audio
    • FM

Known Issues
    • To be updated...

Changelog only on Gerrit Code Review.

WIKI

Credits
    - Google
    - AICP Team
    - CyanogenMod Team
    - EuphoriaOS Team
    - Slim Team
    - @arco68 thanks to this guy we have a proper support on our devices.
    Well, I'm closing this thread now that CM12 will roll out very soon and 'cause @arco68 should create an Official thread for CM12.

Thanks so much to all you guys, I'll still building private builds for my personal use :)
    Screenshots

Screenshot_2015-03-25-18-04-36.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-25-18-04-57.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-25-18-05-19.png

Screenshot_2015-03-25-18-05-39.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-25-18-06-02.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-25-18-06-11.png
    New builds online!

Merry Christmas to all of you!
    New builds online!

Android 5.0.1