Flag Winterfell
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight4Music

It's just a new location on his server:

http://quarx2k.ru/buildbot/roms/defy-cm11.0-3.0/

Thanks man!
The Following User Says Thank You to CodeVanya For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CodeVanya Ad-Free

15th October 2014, 06:19 AM |#432  
Flag HEART
Thanks Meter: 291

More
Thumbs up
We are all thing android l powered 3.10 kernel with our moto defy this year end .
Quarx working for 3.10 kernel with more imporvement
3rd December 2014, 08:22 AM |#433  
Flag Düsseldorf
Thanks Meter: 3,067

More
Question Is the 3.0 / 3.10 kernel development for the Defy dead or just interrupted?
Looking at Quarx's GitHub, there hasn't been any commit on the 3.0 and 3.10 kernel for about a month now. I'm wondering if Quarx has dropped this project because of his recent development for the ASUS PadFone S.

This would be really sad because the 3.0 kernel project for the Defy has made a great success and almost all parts are working by now. Also the possibilities of the 3.10 kernel, thanks to the sources we got from the Moto 360, haven't been used yet.

Therefore I would like to ask @Quarx: Is the 3.0 / 3.10 kernel development for the Defy dead or is it just interrupted because of your recent work for the PadFone S? If you plan to continue the development, when would this be the case?

Please don't get me wrong: I'm sure that every Defy user who ever used a CyanogenMod build on his Defy is grateful for every single line of code that you ever wrote for this great little phone! But if we want to keep it alife, I'm sure that only a working 3.0 / 3.10 kernel would really bring new life to our beloved Defy.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to okij For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift okij Ad-Free
3rd December 2014, 10:40 AM |#434  
Flag near Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 1,939

Donate to Me
More
Side note: it's 3.10 not 3.1

Gesendet von meinem One mit Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 9Lukas5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 9Lukas5 Ad-Free
3rd December 2014, 11:21 AM |#435  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Omsk
Thanks Meter: 18,848

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by okij

Looking at Quarx's GitHub, there hasn't been any commit on the 3.0 and 3.1 kernel for about a month now. I'm wondering if Quarx has dropped this project because of his recent development for the ASUS PadFone S.

This would be really sad because the 3.0 kernel project for the Defy has made a great success and almost all parts are working by now. Also the possibilities of the 3.1 kernel, thanks to the sources we got from the Moto 360, haven't been used yet.

Therefore I would like to ask @Quarx: Is the 3.0 / 3.1 kernel development for the Defy dead or is it just interrupted because of your recent work for the PadFone S? If you plan to continue the development, when would this be the case?

Please don't get me wrong: I'm sure that every Defy user who ever used a CyanogenMod build on his Defy is grateful for every single line of code that you ever wrote for this great little phone! But if we want to keep it alife, I'm sure that only a working 3.0 / 3.1 kernel would really bring new life to our beloved Defy.

3.10 Currently have problems with CPCAP, which cant be solved yet.
Also i got a work. This just eat whole my time... and only free 3-5h per day.
Work with Asus PadFone S almost ended, already everything fixed in cm12. I bought its because of LTE and can't use 4.4, that's why i start make 5.0

Current version of 3.0 not have Telephony Problem, but need more tests. But it have problem with battery and red camera.
First CM12 for Defy will be with 3.0, but need fix RIL part. In 5.0, bionic very changed and many closed Defy binaries stop working.
I know all want fast CM12, but time really not enough.
The Following 74 Users Say Thank You to Quarx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th December 2014, 05:11 AM |#436  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 135

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarx

Can we help you with something? your work with this device is awesome, you're awesome!
I hope that if u can reach these levels of stability with CM11, CM12 with custom kernel only will take some test time to work, less or more depending of your free time... but with your mind it could be done!

Thanks, thanks, thanks! i'll test whatever you upload to try help you development! hope best regards from south america Quarx! you're teh boss!

PD: do u havy any official merchandising? i will want a shirt that says quarx and the CM11 logo, i'll be proud of it and hope i'll could help you!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to santi1993 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift santi1993 Ad-Free
19th December 2014, 12:54 PM |#437  
Beijing
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up
Quote:

3.10 Currently have problems with CPCAP, which cant be solved yet.
Also i got a work. This just eat whole my time... and only free 3-5h per day.
Work with Asus PadFone S almost ended, already everything fixed in cm12. I bought its because of LTE and can't use 4.4, that's why i start make 5.0

Current version of 3.0 not have Telephony Problem, but need more tests. But it have problem with battery and red camera.
First CM12 for Defy will be with 3.0, but need fix RIL part. In 5.0, bionic very changed and many closed Defy binaries stop working.

Thank you very much . . Thank you ., we will support you
29th January 2015, 09:57 PM |#438  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:

My daily driver is probably the last non-LTE 3G CDMA only device - the Moto G (1st Gen) xt1028/xt1031 and it does not yet have any working 5.x ROM with outgoing calls and SMS after months of attempts to get it working. The apparent cause is that it seems that CM12 has introduced a SIM dependency. Are you aware of this from your early work on CM12 on the Defy (which also has a non-LTE CDMA variant)? Is this at least partially what you were referring to in your comments about RIL? Do you have any suggestions?
The Following User Says Thank You to dovw For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dovw Ad-Free
23rd March 2015, 11:51 PM |#439  
Flag Las Piedras
Thanks Meter: 25

Donate to Me
More
*bump* Any progress? Everything seems dead here. I'm looking forward to lollipop. Also thanks to Quarx our very talented developer in the Defy forums.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to axel2230 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift axel2230 Ad-Free
29th May 2015, 12:11 PM |#440  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 36

More
I am visiting the Defy forum after a long time.

The last post from Quarx indicates that he is quite busy. Is there some news after that?

BTW: What is the latest 4.4.4 stable ROM I can download?
21st June 2015, 06:40 PM |#441  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Excellent job quark, I would like to know :

Is there any way to get Aircrack-ng at this moment? Since you can modify our kernel it would be awesome D:

Enviado desde mi C6943 mediante Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
quarx can fix any kernel issue

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)