[HOW-TO]S5's icons in notification panel &recent apps UI [Single Edit]

Search This thread

sscsps

Nov 17, 2013
delhi
I didnt notice any change in app icons, except their sizes

Does this mechanism change stock apps icons ?
Or just statut bar and recent task bar ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent from my GF's phone :p

Changing dpi changes some stock app's icons, i noticed it for s voice, and I debolted soon after changing dpi, so can't say anymore, and I was on 4.1.2 at that time

Sent from my SM-T211 using XDA Free mobile app

Nonta72

Mar 27, 2013
Speed Force
Changing dpi changes some stock app's icons, i noticed it for s voice, and I debolted soon after changing dpi, so can't say anymore, and I was on 4.1.2 at that time

Nice, I will keep up my XTheme Engine S5 Theme project then :good:

---------- Post added at 06:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 AM ----------

I didnt notice any change in app icons, except their sizes
Ok ty,
I will keep up my project :D

famezeeshan

Oct 21, 2014
Dubai
I have changed my SecSetting.apk from the root Explorer and now i cant able to enable multi window.. Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance :(

Sent from my SM-T211 using xda premium

famezeeshan

Oct 21, 2014
Dubai
Hello sir can u help me to solve my problem?
Multi window is not working in my sm t211 with kk4.4.2. I recently changed my notification theme to s5 and i tried to change the SecSettings.apk from the root folder

sscsps

Nov 17, 2013
delhi
Hello sir can u help me to solve my problem?
Multi window is not working in my sm t211 with kk4.4.2. I recently changed my notification theme to s5 and i tried to change the SecSettings.apk from the root folder

What changes you did?

famezeeshan

Oct 21, 2014
Dubai
I wanted to change my settings look like s5 so i downloaded the s5 SecSettings.apk for s4 and i replaced it with my default SecSettings.apk in folder- system/priv-app

famezeeshan

Oct 21, 2014
Dubai
Sry to say bt i rrally got rid of it and nw i again installed the kitkat version and nw its working fine like before

LaShto34

Aug 25, 2012
Starting from the idea that there are hidden features into my device, I modified my SystemUI by comparing different xmls (dimens, drawables) and changing different pngs and I maded a SystemUI identical with the one that appears when changing build.prop values. The only thing that remained stock it's recent menu. It looks like in the pictures posted below.
This is SystemUI for GT-P5200 from stock deodexed 4.4.2 rom. I maded for me and I posted it here for others that would like to try it. This way there will be no more problems that we meet when making changes in buid.prop.

Attachments

• SystemUI.apk
    5.6 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:

-=Napst3r=-

Dec 13, 2014
changes not saving

hi, i did as per instructed by using root explorer and opening the build.prop file using text editor
changed the values....but for some reason unknown the changes wer not saving
any solutions?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone myself ethical ricado aka amit khirodwala
    Just tried out this thing and it worked
    Previously it worked on note 3 and s4
    I thought it should work on all the sammy phones running Touchwiz 4.4.2
    I have only tried it on my tab 3 7.0 3g (SM-T211)

UPDATE : It changes few more apps
    Like my gallery has changed
    calling screen but just abit
    Will report more as i discover
    UPDATE2: This mod also enables lockscreen art cover #Win \m/

Below are the SS

Procedure:

YOU MUST BE ROOTED AND ON THE LATEST KITKAT FW

1) Open Root Explorer
    2) Go to /system/build.prop
    3) Open build.prop in Text Editor
    4) Edit
    ro.product.name=lgsomething
    ro.product.device=lgsomething

To

ro.product.name=SM-N900S
    ro.product.device=SM-N900S

5) Do a proper or full reboot
    6) Voila, you have the S5 notification round icons and S5's recent panel

^.^
    Partyyyyyyy

a3a6y9ag.jpg

3edyvehe.jpg

umu3abe3.jpg

4ema4agu.jpg

Thanx 4 it . And I have got a method to install ur recovery on kitkat 4.4.2 . First flash Angel's recovery and root . Then open terminal and try the dd command. I haven't tried it bcoz I haven't updated to kitkat as of now . And as soon as I will upgrade to kitkat I will be creating mods . BTW , I had created some mods for 4.2.2 stock but didn't shared them on xda. Like S5 icon pack + toggles + Accuweather widget + touchwiz home with note 3 page indicators & animated Menu button + 18 toggle mod. Everything was working awesome but I didn't shared them on xda as I had shortage of time . But now as kitkat has released , I will create mods for it also . But theming kitkat will be really hard as when I pulled a systemui.apk from sm-t211 kitkat , I found that everything in it is in .qmg format rather than .png . It will be a tough task but I will do my best .

Don't forget to press the thanks button !!!!!!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Half of The auto brightness tickbox goes off the screen when applying this mod on the 10.1" model

That's only the problem with 10" model. But I have created a mod for it. It looks more like S5 . Blue theme . Will share it with xda in a few days
    A.A.

if you're rooted copy this script to /system/bin and rename to f-reco and change permission to 755
    the at root prompt in terminal type ./f-reco your recovery.img must be in /sdcard/recovery.img first.

#!/system/bin/sh
    cd /sdcard && busybox ls
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p11 && wait
    echo Flashing Recovery
    dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p11
    echo Done

just for you to see what it does . This is for GT-P5210

M

always share what you create. not everyone wants kitkat.

I will share it but let me & Nonta's ROM come out. Everything is done & he is creating the 1st test build . Hope to see it working in a few days .

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

A.A.

if you're rooted copy this script to /system/bin and rename to f-reco and change permission to 755
    the at root prompt in terminal type ./f-reco your recovery.img must be in /sdcard/recovery.img first.

#!/system/bin/sh
    cd /sdcard && busybox ls
    echo Flashing Recovery
    echo Done

M

always share what you create. not everyone wants kitkat.

Just 1 more doubt do I have to enter this code exactly in same way in terminal or some changes ? & do I need busybox pre-installed ?

A.A.

#!/system/bin/sh
    cd /sdcard && busybox ls
    echo Flashing Recovery
    echo Done

M

Ok , will try that . But it's 4 4.2.2 ? Bcoz I haven't updated to kitkat on my P5210.