[MOD} SM-915T Surround Sound

Search This thread

sshafranko

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 5, 2013
Little Ferry
OK TMOBILE NOTE 4 GUYS...this is for TMO N4 im not sure if it will work on other variants, but most likely will. Usually the international version is a bit different. So PLEASE if you try this have a back up of your rom just in case. Someone try this and let me know if and what it works on. You have to manually install this it is not a flashable zip yet...

1. So dl this and RENAME it to mixer_paths.xml.
2. Using root explorer navigate to System/Etc and scroll down to mixer_paths.xml. MOUNT RW..
3. Rename the original by adding ".bak" to the end.
4. Copy the new mixer there.
5. CHANGE permissions to rw r r, same as the rest of the files there.
6. Reboot.

Please let me know which variant it works for so i can add this accordingly and hopefully shorten my to do list. thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y34nbpw0m18z3wb/FinalN4LoudSurroundmixer_paths.xml?dl=0

lifestar53

Jul 31, 2008
Sprint Note 3 xml

Well dang I didn't put all of the details. Sorry. My variant is the SPH-L900 which is the Sprint variant. I was using the Pro Root Explorer is there a better way to find the specific file?

Thank you very much.

Here is a Sprint Note 3 xml file. THANKS

Attachments

• mixer_paths.xml.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 30

Airtioteclint

Nov 20, 2012
OK TMOBILE NOTE 4 GUYS...this is for TMO N4 im not sure if it will work on other variants, but most likely will. Usually the international version is a bit different. So PLEASE if you try this have a back up of your rom just in case. Someone try this and let me know if and what it works on. You have to manually install this it is not a flashable zip yet...

2. Using root explorer navigate to System/Etc and scroll down to mixer_paths.xml. MOUNT RW..
6. Reboot.

Please let me know which variant it works for so i can add this accordingly and hopefully shorten my to do list. thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y34nbpw0m18z3wb/FinalN4LoudSurroundmixer_paths.xml?dl=0

Comfirmed working on tmobile note 4. :good:

sshafranko

Feb 5, 2013
Little Ferry
shouldnt this be easily doable for any other device?
Technically yes, but not all devices are set up the same way and they dont all contain a mixer_paths.xml file. So you would have to look at the set up of the particular device and modify it. All you are doing is telling the device via code that for example when speaker phone is being used instead of only using the main speaker to also turn on the ear speaker. So in theory yes it should jsut may be different ways of getting there.

onyez

May 22, 2013
I posted the xml file for they exynos version of the galaxy s5 on page 7. Just wanted to know if you've taken a look at it abd if its doable. Thanks for ur work .

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

I posted the xml file for they exynos version of the galaxy s5 on page 7. Just wanted to know if you've taken a look at it abd if its doable. Thanks for ur work .

Blackiisky

Dec 24, 2013
Newark, Delaware

6. Reboot.

I tested this on Verizon developers edition, working as expected, so far no issues

twe90kid

Jan 20, 2008

6. Reboot.

looks good, waiting for the flash file to keep as backup.

sshafranko

Feb 5, 2013
Little Ferry

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

Checking it in a few.

sshafranko

Feb 5, 2013
Little Ferry
What kind of text is changed / added to enable the front speaker while playing musics and so on in the 'mixer_paths.xml' file?

I just want to change or add the text manually to my 'mixer_paths.xml' file.

This has to be for the SM-N910F version.
I changed it in two places: Device, and Play Scenario. Both places on the "Speaker" settings. DL one of the files i have posted, and compare the additions i made to your stock file. Copy my additions over and try it. Depending on your device your main speaker may be different than mine...ex: mine is RX5, N3 is Rx7. So keep an eye out for that. Earspeaker is Rx1 and headphones Rx2.

Tom-Helge

I changed it in two places: Device, and Play Scenario. Both places on the "Speaker" settings. DL one of the files i have posted, and compare the additions i made to your stock file. Copy my additions over and try it. Depending on your device your main speaker may be different than mine...ex: mine is RX5, N3 is Rx7. So keep an eye out for that. Earspeaker is Rx1 and headphones Rx2.
Thank you, that did the trick :good:.

antonymilo

Oct 10, 2010
Crete , Heraklion
I saw this from the main xda news page.i have a s4 (9505) and it has a snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3 insted of mixer_paths.Here is the "speaker" section.any help appreciated :)

Code:
 SectionDevice
	Name "Speaker"
	Comment "Speaker Rx device"

EnableSequence
        'SLIM_0_RX Channels':0:Two
        'RX5 MIX1 INP1':0:RX1
        'RX5 MIX1 INP2':0:RX2
        'RX6 DSM MUX':0:DSM_INV
        'LINEOUT2 Volume':1:83
        'LINEOUT4 Volume':1:83
        'RX5 Digital Volume':2:63.0%