[ROM] Experimental CM11 for the Xperia Z3

Search This thread

Furrydaus

Jul 6, 2014
Singapore
There has been no new builds so in that regard the OP is accurate. However, I will update it with more details. Thanks for the reminder :)

Hopefully someone will do the kernel merging soon. Ive spent a lot of time on this port now and realized I need to ease off a little. Been waking up in the middle of the night and having troubles falling back to sleep as I keep contemplating kernel configs and vendor libs, haha.

Hopefully I don't get too hooked on that Android Drugs. Cos I'm definitely getting there with porting AOSP for z3, CM12 for the sp and now this.

Wish me luck and hopefully I don't have to ponder too much with the codes lol.

Furrydaus

Jul 6, 2014
Singapore
No worries, I always have more than one card to play. I.e, others will be working on this soon too. :)

Get well soon.

Thanks mate. I strongly recommend another XDA Member called PeC0ra as he works alongside many developers and has helped quite a lot of em get kernels needed to run their Roms. You can try asking him for his help with the kernel merges :)

Furrydaus

Jul 6, 2014
Singapore
Kernel Merging Status

I currently have both the needed kernels at my github (Sony + CM)

I will be syncing the 2 repo's to my Ubuntu Server and will try my best to merge both kernels to one single unified one. Future Progress and status updates will be posted onto this thread and i'll be trying my best to get one kernel published. My Z3 is out for repair and I can't test it myself so I'll occasionally pop some builds here and there and you need to try them out individually to see if they boot.

Furrydaus

Jul 6, 2014
Singapore
The merging in progress is at around 20% but im running into a couple of branching and git related problems. Ill try to fix them but it may take a week or two before the merging is completed sadly. I may also not complete the kernel in that deadline because i have some projects that i need to also complete for the Xperia SP.

G

Gaúcho comedor

The merging in progress is at around 20% but im running into a couple of branching and git related problems. Ill try to fix them but it may take a week or two before the merging is completed sadly. I may also not complete the kernel in that deadline because i have some projects that i need to also complete for the Xperia SP.

Dude, get your priorities right! :D

That's ok. Thank you for your work. That's amazing.

Furrydaus

Jul 6, 2014
Singapore
Dude, get your priorities right! :D

That's ok. Thank you for your work. That's amazing.

Hahaha i am trying my best to give all the users a new experience while also helping developers provide them that too. I have like 6 projects to finish so yeah. By that time, it will be time for school to reopen and my developments will slow down even more. Need to rush lolol

Furrydaus

Jul 6, 2014
Singapore
Hello,
Im sorry to inform everyone that my kernel builds dont work and have gone to nowhere near booting and has almost put my z3 into jeapordy, needing to send it to the Sony service centre to get it fixed for a steep price (I would say). All the builds (~40) have gone to either build errors or unbootable kernel builds. Im sorry that I am unable to produce any positive results from my end. Good luck for the future cm11 Untouchab1e.

Regards,
Furrydaus

G

Gaúcho comedor

That really sucks about your phone, but thanks for your hard work on this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is it?
    An unofficial CyanogenMod 11 build for the Xperia Z3.
    Status
    • Device Config: GOOD - Device config is pretty good at this point
    • Vendor Libs: OK - Needs some minor tweaking once we have a decent kernel to work with.
    • Kernel: NOT OK - Needs merging with Sony's kernel sources.

What works in current build
    Not much to be honest. It boots. Bluetooth works I think.
    Known Issues
    • Camera
    • Audio
    • RILD
    • Probably a lot more...

Installation
    1. Download the .zip file
    2. Unzip the .zip file and flash the boot.img with Fastboot
    3. Backup your current ROM
    4. Install the .zip from recovery

Hopefully Ill be able to iron out issues quite swiftly, but I felt like releasing this for the curious forward leaning users out there :)

Changelog
    • 20141001 v2 - Fixed touch screen
    • 20141001 - Initial Release

Coming soon...
    • RILD (Fixed, just need a new build)
    • Mobile data (Hopefully)
    • Audio
    • New kernel might bring functioning WiFi, deep sleep and more.
    Source
    Device repo
    Kernel repo

Download Link
    cm-11-20141001-UNOFFICIAL-leo_v2.zip
    Thanks. My build completed successfully, I just need to add the modem stuff now
    Quick update.

Currently working on an AOSP 5.0 build. Ive already gotten some good stuff going.

I'm excited! While Ill probably be focusing on Lollipop now instead of CM11 I figured I would post updates here anyways :)
    Great news! Will you keep working also on lollipop AOSP using Sony stuff or just CM 12? Thanks.

Inviato dal mio D6603 utilizzando Tapatalk

Ill be working on both. :)
    Just a quick dev update. I am gonna sit down this weekend and see what I can come up with. But truth be told I dont think there is much point in putting much effort into shoehorning things into place before the new Sony kernel comes out.

Trust me though, I hate the Sony Firmware more than most, so Ill be pretty eager to make things running as smoothly as possible, so bear with me :)