FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[4.4.x][OFFICIAL][NIGHTLIES][UNIFIED][jflte] Omni

3,479 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,460

By Gandalf, Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator on 28th May 2014, 05:36 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
6th December 2014, 05:48 AM |#131  
Thanks Meter: 121

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenCollective

Anyone know when we might see Omnirom 5.0 for the s4?

Not going to from Jake. He is too busy. These devs do this for free as a service and a challenge. I hope someone develops omni. It's a great rom.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jchef For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jchef Ad-Free

7th December 2014, 11:52 AM |#132  
Flag Colorado Springs
Thanks Meter: 991

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchef

Not going to from Jake. He is too busy. These devs do this for free as a service and a challenge. I hope someone develops omni. It's a great rom.

Jake got rid of his s4. I might consider building an unofficial if and when. Right now ive gotta focus on DU and another project.

Anyone thats interested and knows a thing or two about building can give omni a whirl. As far as i know he was the only one on their team that had an s4.
But it not, I'll run one after i get DU sorted out.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jbats For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jbats Ad-Free
21st December 2014, 05:52 PM |#133  
Flag Wilmington, DE
Thanks Meter: 21

Donate to Me
More
I know ART runtime isn't supported, but any ideas why it works great for a while then I get random reboots, and then eventually cache rebuilds and it switches back to Dalvik on its own?

On the 12.09 nightly currently.
11th January 2015, 03:59 PM |#134  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Hi Everyone,

Very quiet on this thread these days. Not looking for an ETA but just wondering how lollipop is progressing on jflte for Omnirom?

CyanogenMod seem to have official un-unified lollipop builds up and running now for the s4 variants and just wondering how lollipop is progressing on omni. Still receiving KitKat nightly updates via omni on my s4 i9505 and am delighted with that.

Keep up the great work!

Steve

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app
12th January 2015, 09:58 AM |#135  
Flag Cebu
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Second and third post above yours...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Geemaggio

Hi Everyone,

Very quiet on this thread these days. Not looking for an ETA but just wondering how lollipop is progressing on jflte for Omnirom?

CyanogenMod seem to have official un-unified lollipop builds up and running now for the s4 variants and just wondering how lollipop is progressing on omni. Still receiving KitKat nightly updates via omni on my s4 i9505 and am delighted with that.

Keep up the great work!

Steve

12th January 2015, 10:06 AM |#136  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjkiener

Second and third post above yours...

Hi @pjkiener

Yes I saw those posts above. I was just wondering if there had been any updates since. I got my answer here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2933101

Steve

The Following User Says Thank You to Steve Geemaggio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Steve Geemaggio Ad-Free
12th January 2015, 10:10 AM |#137  
Flag Cebu

More
Nice... I hope they find a maintainer for JFLTE. I'm really craving for something good and stable, and I miss OmniSwitch.

Quote:

Hi @pjkiener

Yes I saw those posts above. I was just wondering if there had been any updates since. I got my answer here:

Steve

12th January 2015, 01:53 PM |#138  

More
Quote:

Nice... I hope they find a maintainer for JFLTE. I'm really craving for something good and stable, and I miss OmniSwitch.

Yeah I hope so too. The S4 is an impressive device when an awesome ROM like Omnirom is running on it. Very smooth. No lag. Unlike stock touchwiz, or even after a good while of using CyanogenMod I've experienced lag. But never Omnirom.

Just curious. Who Is currently uploading jflte nightly builds currently? Is it still Jake?

EDIT:

To answers my own question :P : Yeah it seems to still be Jake, according to the reply I got in this thread:

Also, yes. OmniSwitch is great. Fantastic tool. Cheers to the developers!

Steve

13th January 2015, 03:52 AM |#139  
Flag Cebu

More
Yeah, I have to say that last few months on CM11 was so buggy. SlimKat was good until something there broke too, then went back to CM and had all kinds of bugs I'd never experienced prior to that. Now I'm using AntaresOne's Optimized CM12 and it's ok, but they are not super stable, and lots of little bugs as well. Are you on current OmniROM builds? Is it stable? I'm thinking of going back to KitKat. Lollipop is not where I'd like it to be yet. If Omni's nightlies are stable I'm definitely going back.

Quote:

Yeah I hope so too. The S4 is an impressive device when an awesome ROM like Omnirom is running on it. Very smooth. No lag. Unlike stock touchwiz, or even after a good while of using CyanogenMod I've experienced lag. But never Omnirom.

Just curious. Who Is currently uploading jflte nightly builds currently? Is it still Jake?

EDIT:

To answers my own question :P : Yeah it seems to still be Jake, according to the reply I got in this thread:

Also, yes. OmniSwitch is great. Fantastic tool. Cheers to the developers!

Steve

13th January 2015, 03:37 PM |#140  

More
Quote:

Yeah, I have to say that last few months on CM11 was so buggy. SlimKat was good until something there broke too, then went back to CM and had all kinds of bugs I'd never experienced prior to that. Now I'm using AntaresOne's Optimized CM12 and it's ok, but they are not super stable, and lots of little bugs as well. Are you on current OmniROM builds? Is it stable? I'm thinking of going back to KitKat. Lollipop is not where I'd like it to be yet. If Omni's nightlies are stable I'm definitely going back.

Yes I'm currently using the latest jflte nightly build of OmniROM (13/01/15) on my Galaxy S4 i9505, and the only bug I've encountered is when setting the camera to the 'HDR' setting, the camera freezes and will not unfreeze until you reboot. Apart from that I have found OmniROM to be very stable and without lag. I would recommend it @pjkiener

I would be tempted to try out CM12 simply because I'm dying to try out Lollipop, but as well as the stable-ness of OmniROM I also admire the philosophy behind OmniROM. The whole 'Cyanogen Inc.' business turned me off CyanogenMod a bit and so I turned to good ol' Omni as a result

The Following User Says Thank You to Steve Geemaggio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Steve Geemaggio Ad-Free
16th January 2015, 12:00 PM |#141  
Flag Cebu

More
A few days ago I went back to Omni from CM12, and can I say... IT'S A DAMN GOOD BREATH OF FRESH AIR!!! Ahhhhh, to have such a wonderfully stable ROM... it's like coming back from a really long outdoor/camping trip, and now you're finally back home with your comfortable bed, blanket, pillows, shower and heater. OOOOHHH YEAAHHHHH!
Thanks to the maintainer for keeping this going!
This is also, for me, far more stable than CM11. Everything works, except for HDR. But not a big deal, just put the picture in an editor, turn down the highlights and turn up the shadows and boom!
The only thing I have with this is it's a pain in the ass to add a phone number from your recent calls list. I don't understand why you can't directly add it. It just gives me the option to copy it. Everything else is great though!

Quote:

Yes I'm currently using the latest jflte nightly build of OmniROM (13/01/15) on my Galaxy S4 i9505, and the only bug I've encountered is when setting the camera to the 'HDR' setting, the camera freezes and will not unfreeze until you reboot. Apart from that I have found OmniROM to be very stable and without lag. I would recommend it @pjkiener

I would be tempted to try out CM12 simply because I'm dying to try out Lollipop, but as well as the stable-ness of OmniROM I also admire the philosophy behind OmniROM. The whole 'Cyanogen Inc.' business turned me off CyanogenMod a bit and so I turned to good ol' Omni as a result

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pjkiener For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pjkiener Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread