• Total voters
Search This thread

lilsidsri

Oct 18, 2014
Hyderabad
Honor 7X
Honor 8X
xt1033-lollipop-root-1.jpg

A day before I made a tutorial on how to install Android Lollipop 5.0 on Motorola Moto G XT1033. With that installing now many of have asked me How to root their device as they have already Unlocked the Bootloader & wanna have root access on their device as they have already lost their warrant and nothing to loose.
No in today's tutorial I will show you how to root your Moto G in simple steps.

Prerequisites:

NOTE: THIS TUTORIAL IS FOR PEOPLE WITH UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER ONLY
1) Ensure your battery is charged to above 60% this will avoid a dead battery from corrupting the process.
2) XT1033 Lollipop Root Kit by ChainFire : DOWNLOAD
3) Minimal ADB & Fastboot Drivers : DOWNLOAD
4) A Little bit of time.

Booting Your Device to Fastboot mode

If you know how to get into fastboot mode then you can skip this part of tutorial & head directly to the next step.
1) Turn of your mobile phone
2) Now hold ' Volume Down + Power ' for 3 to 4seconds which will boot into the bootloader.
Voila! you've just booted into fastboot mode.

Checking whether XT1033 is detected in fastboot mode

Will bringing up the bootloader on your device its time for us to check whether your device is detected by the computer in fastboot mode. Now for following this step you must download the Minimal ADB & Fastboot Drivers from the link provided in the Prerequisites section & install it with default location on your computer

1) Connect your device & Open the ' Minimal ADB & Fastboot ' from the new shortcut thats made on the desktop, If you are not able to find it then navigate to C:\Program Files (or) Program Files(x86) \Minimal ADB and Fastboot\ and open " py_cmd.exe "

2) Now type the below code
fastboot devices
If it results something that is familiar to the below image then you're good to proceed if not the make sure you followed all the steps correctly, if you still doesnt get it correct then leave a comment I'll be very happy to help you.
xt1033-lollipop-root-2.jpg

Rooting Moto G XT1033

Proceed with this step only if everything stated in the above steps has come out correctly.
1) Unzip the ' CF-Auto-Root-xxx-xxx-xxx.zip ' file to a separate folder on your computer.
2) Run the " root-windows.bat " file & press the space bar.
3) Wait for a while for the process to finish & your device will reboot.
Voila! you have successfully rooted your device. Check for " Super SU " app in your app drawer.

Proof:

xt1033-lollipop-root-3.jpg

Please leave a comment below & share the post If you really wanna thank me

I'm the sole owner of the wesite that is mentioned in images & hold every right for the content. I didn't copy it from any where. :cool::cowboy:http://xdaforums.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

vmgs2006

Jul 15, 2014
Can you provide the link of custom recovery.?

Thanks for your guide
I don't think CF-Auto-Root is required now.. Though we can get the job done
To summarize the rooting process

Here is the 3 easy steps
1. Unlock bootloader
2. Install custom recovery
3. Install SuperSU

Hi
Can you pls provide the link for custom recovery and SuperSU?:good::good:

Reactions: marco620

rogeriorp

Dec 11, 2013
I wonder, after flashing a custom recovery.. how to get back the stock (perhaps lollipop recovery) for the future OTA updates? Can we flash the 4.4.4 recovery over it?

cra1g321

Dec 31, 2013
Just after flashing stock BR 4.4.4 then 5.0 OTA update to my XT1032 Moto G (bought in UK)
Followed this guide and it's rooted :D
thanks.

lilsidsri

Oct 18, 2014
Hyderabad
Honor 7X
Honor 8X
Thanks for your guide

Here is the 3 easy steps
1. Unlock bootloader
3. Install SuperSU

i've rooted with the CM12 method and it works like charm. so i think this complicated process isn't needed.

Just after flashing stock BR 4.4.4 then 5.0 OTA update to my XT1032 Moto G (bought in UK)
thanks.

You're welcome :)
you can thank me though

http://xdaforums.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Puru007

Mar 18, 2013
Patna
please help

after rooting,....when i try to use titanium backup..it says..this feature isn't available on ur device

vivekj

Feb 3, 2014
Does this root method work with asia retail xt1033 running lollipop 5.0.2 ??
Edit: Yes. I tried this and it works

Last edited:

sanads

Account currently disabled
Jan 23, 2013
GB
meettomy.site

A day before I made a tutorial on how to install Android Lollipop 5.0 on Motorola Moto G XT1033. With that installing now many of have asked me How to root their device as they have already Unlocked the Bootloader & wanna have root access on their device as they have already lost their warrant and nothing to loose.

Prerequisites:

1) Ensure your battery is charged to above 60% this will avoid a dead battery from corrupting the process.
4) A Little bit of time.

If you know how to get into fastboot mode then you can skip this part of tutorial & head directly to the next step.
2) Now hold ' Volume Down + Power ' for 3 to 4seconds which will boot into the bootloader.

Will bringing up the bootloader on your device its time for us to check whether your device is detected by the computer in fastboot mode. Now for following this step you must download the Minimal ADB & Fastboot Drivers from the link provided in the Prerequisites section & install it with default location on your computer

1) Connect your device & Open the ' Minimal ADB & Fastboot ' from the new shortcut thats made on the desktop, If you are not able to find it then navigate to C:\Program Files (or) Program Files(x86) \Minimal ADB and Fastboot\ and open " py_cmd.exe "

fastboot devices
If it results something that is familiar to the below image then you're good to proceed if not the make sure you followed all the steps correctly, if you still doesnt get it correct then leave a comment I'll be very happy to help you.

Rooting Moto G XT1033

Proceed with this step only if everything stated in the above steps has come out correctly.
1) Unzip the ' CF-Auto-Root-xxx-xxx-xxx.zip ' file to a separate folder on your computer.
Voila! you have successfully rooted your device. Check for " Super SU " app in your app drawer.

Proof:

I'm the sole owner of the wesite that is mentioned in images & hold every right for the content. I didn't copy it from any where. :cool::cowboy:http://xdaforums.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

my device unlocked rooted 4.4.4 kitkat
then uprooted & i flash stock 4.4.4 with lock command
then flash 5.02 lollipop
now my system is 5.02. when device starting unlocked bootloader message shows but when go to boot loader menu
it shows status 2 device locked.

now how root .. flash reocvery then flash superuser zip should working???
what u think???

lilsidsri

Oct 18, 2014
Hyderabad
Honor 7X
Honor 8X
my device unlocked rooted 4.4.4 kitkat
then uprooted & i flash stock 4.4.4 with lock command
then flash 5.02 lollipop
now my system is 5.02. when device starting unlocked bootloader message shows but when go to boot loader menu
it shows status 2 device locked.

now how root .. flash reocvery then flash superuser zip should working???
what u think???

If you want to remove the Unlocked Boot Loader Warning
Then flash this Zip fro your recovery

Note: Use a custom recovery

Attachments

• logo_fix.zip
    392.1 KB · Views: 378

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Prerequisites:

4) A Little bit of time.

fastboot devices

Rooting Moto G XT1033

Proof:

Hi
    Can you pls provide the link for custom recovery and SuperSU?:good::good:

Recovery
    SuperSU

**Even i got these link by using search option
    Thanks for your guide

Here is the 3 easy steps
    1. Unlock bootloader
    3. Install SuperSU

i've rooted with the CM12 method and it works like charm. so i think this complicated process isn't needed.

thanks.

You're welcome :)
    you can thank me though

http://xdaforums.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/
    Thanks for your guide

Here is the 3 easy steps
    1. Unlock bootloader
    3. Install SuperSU