8th December 2014, 07:35 AM |#361  
Flag DEUTSCHLAND!
Thanks Meter: 655

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbootleg

giving this a run. will report back soon

We don't need "reports". Create pull requests on GitHub!

13th December 2014, 04:59 PM |#362  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag -∇ϕ
Thanks Meter: 2,184

More
Major News!!

A Norwegian newspaper have discovered a network of IMSI-catchers
in and around the Parliament, and various other governmental and
military installations, including around their members offices and homes.

Read all about it HERE.
(Translated with Google Translate)

IMSI-Catchers caught near parliament
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.jpg
Views:	1926
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	3062439  
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to E:V:A For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th December 2014, 07:30 PM |#363  
Thanks Meter: 93

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by E:V:A

Major News!!

Read all about it HERE.

Thank you, shared it on Pags.to
What about a feafure (checkbox in settings) to force flight mode on catcher detect- interval check if leaved and mode leave if normal network found?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app
14th December 2014, 01:11 AM |#364  
Flag Rahasia
Thanks Meter: 490

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbigwave

no need. just go near a key government building (or major protest site) .

Quote:

Major News!!

Read all about it HERE.

Great article. Tks. Good to get confirmation of our suspicions of govt buildings! (If anyone is near a major protest area will be good to get confirmation of mobile IMSI catchers also.)
14th December 2014, 10:36 AM |#365  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hey guys!

I work within the affected area in Oslo where the suspicious traffic has been detected. I just installed this app and will take a walk around tomorrow and see what happens. I suspect that the catchers has already been removed but it but i might get "lucky".

I only got a Nexus 5 but hopefully it will do the job.

PS: The newspaper has been in contact with Norwegian government agencies, these devices are not placed out by them (they are the only onces that are allowed), so the theory is either foreign intelligence or some entity spying on politicians in the area..
The Following User Says Thank You to Uelandir For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Uelandir Ad-Free
15th December 2014, 03:49 AM |#366  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag -∇ϕ
Thanks Meter: 2,184

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uelandir

I just installed this app and will take a walk around tomorrow and see what happens. I suspect that the catchers has already been removed but it but i might get "lucky".

Hi Uelandir,

Thanks for having a look at our project. I just want to warn you (and others) that this app is still in alpha stage of development. This basically means that most core functions are working, but the app is very buggy and that only ~2/15 detection mechanisms have been implemented. If those devices out there on the streets are doing anything at all right, it is unlikely that you will see anything with this app at this point. However, we're working hard to try to get this in a fit-for-fight shape so that people can start using it. Our main problem, is that we're missing developers.

So the best way you can help us out, right now, is by trying to hit us up with some app developers, so we can get this project a real kick in the rear!

This would be a perfect student project, for example, where we could offer both technical guidance and academic advice.

Best Wishes,

Team AIMSICD
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to E:V:A For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th December 2014, 04:07 AM |#367  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loca...ages/20214047/

Erin Van der Bellen, WUSA 12:42 p.m. EST December 12, 2014
Spy Drone

(Photo: WUSA9)
1241 CONNECT 330 TWEET 116 LINKEDIN 9 COMMENTEMAILMORE

WASHINGTON (WUSA9) -- It's small. It's bright yellow, and it's capable of cracking Wi-Fi passwords, eavesdropping on your cell phone calls and reading your text messages. It's an unmanned spy drone and it just landed in Washington, D.C.

Long-time friends and former Air Force buddies, Mike Tassey and Rich Perkins, describe their state-of-the-art cyber drone as hard to take down, hard to see and virtually hard to detect.

They built it in a garage, using off the shelf electronics to prove a drone can be used to launch cyber-attacks.

It needs a human for take-off and landing but once airborne, it can fly any pre-programmed route posing as a cell phone tower and tricking wireless cell phones.

While it's flying those points, the spy drone has a number of antennas for picking up your cell phone conversation, for picking up blue tooth, and for picking up and monitoring Wi Fi signals.

Tassey and Perkins tested the drone in isolated conditions to avoid breaking laws or recording conversations other than their own.
Mike Tassey, Rich Perkins: Wireless Ariel Surveillance

Mike Tassey, Rich Perkins: Wireless Ariel Surveillance Platform(Photo: Mike Tassey, Rich Perkins)

"We passed telephone calls, hacked into networks, cracked the encryption on Wi-Fi access points all of that sort of evilness is possible," said Tassey.

And now their spy drone has landed in Washington so everyone can see it.

"I think it's fantastic to have an artifact like this in the Spy Museum," said Vincent Houghton, International Spy Museum Curator.

"It's the first of its kind, it's a piece of modern espionage equipment," said Houghton. "This is something governments should be doing and perhaps only government should be doing.

"If two guys from the Midwest can build this for six-thousand dollars in a garage, what can Iran do? What can nation states do?" said Rich Perkins.

The drone has a 50 mile range and while its creators chose a cyber-attack test, they say this technology can be used things like anti-IED missions and search and rescue operations.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

I was in Washington DC this weekend with a VS980 LG G2 and AIMSICD 0.124-alpha. On numerous occasions I received yellow warning signals. No orange or red. Seems like it is working.

Thank you for doing this important work.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dredq For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dredq Ad-Free
16th December 2014, 01:41 PM |#368  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:

Thanks for having a look at our project. I just want to warn you (and others) that this app is still in alpha stage of development. This basically means that most core functions are working, but the app is very buggy and that only ~2/15 detection mechanisms have been implemented. If those devices out there on the streets are doing anything at all right, it is unlikely that you will see anything with this app at this point. However, we're working hard to try to get this in a fit-for-fight shape so that people can start using it. Our main problem, is that we're missing developers.

Can confirm that i did not get any alarms, but i did take some logs and shared them on Github. I will have a look into the code and see how i can contribute. Just gotta get IntelliJ up and running correctly.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uelandir For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Uelandir Ad-Free
17th December 2014, 03:14 AM |#369  
Flag DEUTSCHLAND!

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uelandir

Can confirm that i did not get any alarms, but i did take some logs and shared them on Github. I will have a look into the code and see how i can contribute. Just gotta get IntelliJ up and running correctly.

Thank you, awaiting your pull requests!
17th December 2014, 09:45 AM |#370  
Flag Bengaluru
Thanks Meter: 112

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hi Uelandir,

So the best way you can help us out, right now, is by trying to hit us up with some app developers, so we can get this project a real kick in the rear!

This would be a perfect student project, for example, where we could offer both technical guidance and academic advice.

Best Wishes,

Team AIMSICD

Sir,
i am a startup android app developer , is there any way i could help you , I'm very much interested in your project.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rohit99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rohit99 Ad-Free
17th December 2014, 03:25 PM |#371  
Flag DEUTSCHLAND!

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit99

Sir,
i am a startup android app developer , is there any way i could help you , I'm very much interested in your project.

On behalf of all our team members: Welcome to the AIMSICD-Project, @Rohit99! We have had many people who said they'd like to help. Therefore, I appreciate actions, instead of words. Feel invited to show us that you're really up for it by creating PULL REQUESTS to fix or enhance any of the current Issues. Please closely follow our contribution guidelines. Hack and improve what you can and we'll invite you to our secret chatrooms!
The Following User Says Thank You to SecUpwN For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SecUpwN Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
catcher, ciphering, detector, imsi, osmocom, spy
Previous Thread Next Thread