[Android 2.2+] CallRecorder - record phone calls from the phone line

783 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,401

By skvalex, Senior Member on 12th January 2012, 01:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th December 2014, 03:44 AM |#4031  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I tried it on note 3 T-Mobile, recording fine but cause random reboot. Most of the time while in the middle of conversation.

19th December 2014, 04:02 AM |#4032  
Flag NY
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by avelec

I tried it on note 3 T-Mobile, recording fine but cause random reboot. Most of the time while in the middle of conversation.

if you are using a custom rom try this.
back to unrooted stock rom, root the stock rom and install this recorder using default settings.

this worked great on my at&t note 3
The Following User Says Thank You to itster2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift itster2 Ad-Free
19th December 2014, 07:33 AM |#4033  
Quote:
Originally Posted by itster2

Why are you selling this app at such a high price?

Not every device allows to record both sides. Root is often needed. For many people it's just easier to buy the app rather than read the description. Then complain that the app doesn't work as they want. If the price would be lower, there will be much more such people who buy the app without reading the description.

If manufacturers would implement call recording on their devices as described in the Android documentation, then the app worked on all devices. But they don't. So I've to purchase many different phones to provide support for them. For example, a week ago I purchased Samsung SM-G906S to add support for Qualcomm 805 based devices, because without the device it's not possible as there are no documentation or required source code. Even with a device it's often not possible. On some devices the system provides distorted sound, people blame the app, but it's manufacturer's fault. If it was possible to fix, I'd fixed it.

So the app is for people who understand why they need it. Trial version is always available. It's stated in the description, but I have to answer on many emails from people who didn't read the description, but would try a trial version. Why they can't just read the description? I don't understand.

The license attaches to a gmail account, so it's possible to use the app for years on a different phones. I don't think the price is high when you are using something for years and it's useful to you.

P.S. It is the cheapest app for call recording on the Play Store with a rating 4.5 or higher at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itster2

better yet, why is this app not free and make money off advertising?

Advertising in the app for rooted devices? Heh.
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to skvalex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skvalex Ad-Free
19th December 2014, 08:26 AM |#4034  
Flag MASTIC BEACH NY
Thanks Meter: 2,381

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACARDILIMON

@skvalex I am having an issue with the app not recording but yet the app says it is recording. I cleared data and tried again.. Same results.. It only happens on a few calls and not all. Started to notice this since last update. It is on the note 4

BAD ASS NOTE 4

@skvalex I emailed you a log fat file in the email.

BAD ASS NOTE 4
19th December 2014, 11:46 AM |#4035  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Houston, Texas
Thanks Meter: 5,544

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skvalex

A large percentage of rooted devices also run AdAway, AdBlocker or simply mod the host file. I paid 5 years ago and have used on several devices. If it can be made to work on your device it is worth the money for the tech and the service that @skvalex provides. Best app support by any dev I have come across.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prdog1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift prdog1 Ad-Free
19th December 2014, 12:49 PM |#4036  
Flag NY

More
Quote:

Not every device allows to record both sides. Root is often needed. For many people it's just easier to buy the app rather than read the description. Then complain that the app doesn't work as they want. If the price would be lower, there will be much more such people who buy the app without reading the description.

If manufacturers would implement call recording on their devices as described in the Android documentation, then the app worked on all devices. But they don't. So I've to purchase many different phones to provide support for them. For example, a week ago I purchased Samsung SM-G906S to add support for Qualcomm 805 based devices, because without the device it's not possible as there are no documentation or required source code. Even with a device it's often not possible. On some devices the system provides distorted sound, people blame the app, but it's manufacturer's fault. If it was possible to fix, I'd fixed it.

So the app is for people who understand why they need it. Trial version is always available. It's stated in the description, but I have to answer on many emails from people who didn't read the description, but would try a trial version. Why they can't just read the description? I don't understand.

The license attaches to a gmail account, so it's possible to use the app for years on a different phones. I don't think the price is high when you are using something for years and it's useful to you.

P.S. It is the cheapest app for call recording on the Play Store with a rating 4.5 or higher at the moment.

Fair enough
20th December 2014, 10:47 PM |#4037  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:

Imho, this app is worth every penny and more. I have used on so many devices over the years and the support is fantastic

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Any chance upload to onedrive can be added since the free and paid tier of onedrive gives more space than Dropbox?
21st December 2014, 01:40 AM |#4038  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
So what about Google hangout dialer?
The Following User Says Thank You to lowspeed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lowspeed Ad-Free
21st December 2014, 03:26 AM |#4039  
Thanks Meter: 506

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowspeed

+1 This would be great.
The Following User Says Thank You to fz798 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fz798 Ad-Free
21st December 2014, 11:04 AM |#4040  
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowspeed

Unfortunately, that's technically not possible to implement. As well as recording skype, viber or SIP calls.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to skvalex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skvalex Ad-Free
21st December 2014, 02:30 PM |#4041  
Flag NY

More
Skvalex,

I'd like to say once again how amazing this app is! I can actually record while using my note 3 through my car's Bluetooth!

I dreaded switching back to android and testing one call recorder after another because wp8.1 cannot record calls!
I miss my lumia 1520 terribly but this software makes it easier to switch back.

great job!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
call rec, call recording, callrec

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)