FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Samsung Galaxy Ace IIx GT-S7560m

28 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
 
By Blaster3K, Junior Member on 28th November 2012, 10:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th December 2014, 04:30 AM |#6701  
adinkwok's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag 6ix
Thanks Meter: 10,149
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codename13

OMG!!! This is the real thing!!! A lot of things aren't working, but it boots! If I can fix WiFi and (possibly) RIL before Sunday, you'll all be getting a nice early Christmas present!

@jerdog I think this news deserves a chance to be put on XDA portal! A legacy device that not many people have heard about has Omni 5.0 booting!
The Following User Says Thank You to adinkwok For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
20th December 2014, 04:58 AM |#6702  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,308
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshiShaPow

@jerdog I think this news deserves a chance to be put on XDA portal! A legacy device that not many people have heard about has Omni 5.0 booting!

Thank you, but no thank you. I haven't released any builds yet or uploaded any of my sources, so there's not much to excite over on the XDA portal. At least wait until I release a build in January. Plus, I don't think I can take the fame of being on the portal. I don't want to be bothered with an excess of PMs asking for me to port stuff to other devices too. Sorry, but I'd rather stay low key for the time being.
20th December 2014, 10:03 AM |#6703  
DarKnighT916's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonypx09

For some odd reason, when I'm running a CPU-intensive app, the phone suddenly shuts down. It refuses to boot up upon that, so I waited for about 15 minutes and it was able to boot, but what's even more messed up is the battery percentage is 20% lower than it was prior to the issue. As I left it on standby for a few hours, the battery percentage increases, but I'm not even charging it! I've been having this problem on all custom ROMS, including my previous CM11 builds. If there's an issue with the battery, I guess I have no choice but to upgrade to a new phone, but I won't do that because this problem is likely software-related. Has anyone experienced this problem?

Have you tried to lower your cpu clock speed? Maybe to 1008MHz or even 800MHz. This way it might not shutdown anymore.
20th December 2014, 02:18 PM |#6704  
Senior Member
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 61
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codename13

OMG!!! This is the real thing!!! A lot of things aren't working, but it boots! If I can fix WiFi and (possibly) RIL before Sunday, you'll all be getting a nice early Christmas present!

Awesome! What fixed it though?
20th December 2014, 04:32 PM |#6705  
Senior Member
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 61
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonypx09

For some odd reason, when I'm running a CPU-intensive app, the phone suddenly shuts down. It refuses to boot up upon that, so I waited for about 15 minutes and it was able to boot, but what's even more messed up is the battery percentage is 20% lower than it was prior to the issue. As I left it on standby for a few hours, the battery percentage increases, but I'm not even charging it! I've been having this problem on all custom ROMS, including my previous CM11 builds. If there's an issue with the battery, I guess I have no choice but to upgrade to a new phone, but I won't do that because this problem is likely software-related. Has anyone experienced this problem?

Perhaps it is a kernel issue. Maybe change the kernel?
20th December 2014, 06:03 PM |#6706  
jonypx09's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Barrie
Thanks Meter: 585
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKnighT916

Have you tried to lower your cpu clock speed? Maybe to 1008MHz or even 800MHz. This way it might not shutdown anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7560m

Perhaps it is a kernel issue. Maybe change the kernel?

I'm pretty sure the battery on my device worn off. I'll just buy a replacement.
20th December 2014, 10:58 PM |#6707  
Senior Member
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 61
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonypx09

I'm pretty sure the battery on my device worn off. I'll just buy a replacement.

I guess that is a good idea lol.
21st December 2014, 02:49 AM |#6708  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,308
 
More
I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow, so I won't be able to provide you guys with a build of OmniROM 5.0 before the end of the year. I would love to just release the alpha build out into the wild, but literally nothing is working (no audio, no WiFi, some force closes) so I would rather wait until I fix up a few of the issues. Fortunately, I do have a bit of a treat for you. I have a near-perfect build of OmniROM 4.4.4 for you. By near-perfect, I mean that everything is working except for Bluetooth, full camera resolution, and rendering images in native Chromium webview. Everything else should be working. I don't think that there are any other significant changes in this build compared to the previous one I uploaded back in October. If I have time to work on OmniROM 4.4.4 in the coming new year though, I will try to get things working nicely with ION. For now, you can download the new build of OmniROM 4.4.4 here. Happy holidays and have a great new year! Long live the Ace II X!
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to Codename13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Codename13 Ad-Free
21st December 2014, 05:14 AM |#6709  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
How does the latest Omni compares with the latest CM11 release? Which one has better performance?
21st December 2014, 06:27 AM |#6710  
Member
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
i guess the only way we can find out is to try it
21st December 2014, 02:27 PM |#6711  
Senior Member
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 61
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codename13

I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow, so I won't be able to provide you guys with a build of OmniROM 5.0 before the end of the year. I would love to just release the alpha build out into the wild, but literally nothing is working (no audio, no WiFi, some force closes) so I would rather wait until I fix up a few of the issues. Fortunately, I do have a bit of a treat for you. I have a near-perfect build of OmniROM 4.4.4 for you. By near-perfect, I mean that everything is working except for Bluetooth, full camera resolution, and rendering images in native Chromium webview. Everything else should be working. I don't think that there are any other significant changes in this build compared to the previous one I uploaded back in October. If I have time to work on OmniROM 4.4.4 in the coming new year though, I will try to get things working nicely with ION. For now, you can download the new build of OmniROM 4.4.4 here. Happy holidays and have a great new year! Long live the Ace II X!

What a coincidence, I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow as well! Good luck building the rom, and merry Christmas!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes