FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] Linux-on-Android project (Complete Linux Installer)

2,889 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,815

Post Reply Email Thread
18th December 2014, 01:40 AM |#2141  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscion

Well, I tried... One last thing I could do, as there is some variation in the archlinux img files, is try a different img. file. Which version did you use?

Thanks!

I used the large image. Don't know what it is. Maybe there are studio drivers preinstalled on that image or something similar.
Didn't you use the large variant?

Sent from my Nokia_XL

18th December 2014, 03:16 AM |#2142  
North Potomac
Thanks Meter: 905

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalbiswas

I used the large image. Don't know what it is. Maybe there are studio drivers preinstalled on that image or something similar.
Didn't you use the large variant?

Sent from my Nokia_XL

I'm using the archlinux-LARGE.ext4.img. Is yours the exact same?
19th December 2014, 06:56 AM |#2143  
Flag Mumbai

More
Mine is ext2 as I've Android 4.1.2.
Just downloaded the DebianTesting core image. Will try on it, too!
20th December 2014, 10:05 PM |#2144  
Flag From the South :)
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:

I've got sound working. But the quality is too low. I'm using ArchLinux Large image with Xvnc. It worked with the preinstalled VLC Media Player but the output quality is low.
Any ideas how to improve it?
Just discovered a major drawback in this method to play sounds while xvnc'ed into ArchLinux. After doing this you cannot play sounds from the Native Android unless you restart your phone. Nothing at all works. No radio, no MX Player, no system sounds!
Any workarounds are appreciated!

Sent from my Nokia_XL

I'm just hoping since you got sound working in your version that you might have the answer to my little problem, everytime I tried to download certain programs or change the desktop environment it totally messes up VNC where I cannot use the gui at all .all I have is a grey screen with an X for a cursor. I like playing online game that requires java but when I try its PPA client it does nothing I click on it over and over and it fails to load inside the graphical environment I don't even notice it in the command line for that matter. I tried downloading the latest version of Java directly BAD IDEA when I try to get back into Linux I am greeted with the grey desktop and the X. It also does this when I try to install sound drivers or change the desktop environment ie go from KDE plasma to unity. How did get you sound working without issues please let me know so that I may be able to fix what's going wrong at my end I would appreciate some help. Versions I've tried with Java Ubuntu 13.10 small and large
21st December 2014, 02:51 AM |#2145  
Flag Western NC
Thanks Meter: 32

Donate to Me
More
I wonder if this app or an app like this should take on a subscription model. I know maintaining this has to be a a huge headache. One thing to make developers feel better about this large of a contribution is appreciation. Nothing says 'thank you' quite like beer money. At least that's how I feel.
21st December 2014, 10:45 AM |#2146  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Likes: XDA,Coffee,Android,Beer Dislikes: No Beer
Thanks Meter: 1,815

Donate to Me
More
Hi Guys, I am still here!
Work has given me very little time to development but all my free time has been going to the project, we have some pretty huge updates just round the corner to give a much better linuxonandroid experience and do away with VNC once and for all!

In the mean time voting is now open for the lg contest, if you could vote for linuxonandroid that would be great!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/dev-...hread-t2978598
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zacthespack For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zacthespack Ad-Free
21st December 2014, 01:03 PM |#2147  
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacthespack

Hi Guys, I am still here!
Work has given me very little time to development but all my free time has been going to the project, we have some pretty huge updates just round the corner to give a much better linuxonandroid experience and do away with VNC once and for all!

In the mean time voting is now open for the lg contest, if you could vote for linuxonandroid that would be great!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/dev-...hread-t2978598

Linux-on-Android — VNC = Awesome News!

Sent from my Nokia_XL
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vishalbiswas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vishalbiswas Ad-Free
22nd December 2014, 06:34 AM |#2148  
Moscow
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Is there any 64 bit images available? I wonna try it on my Note4 and I hope that it will work with docker. Thanks!
22nd December 2014, 08:21 AM |#2149  
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindceo

Is there any 64 bit images available? I wonna try it on my Note4 and I hope that it will work with docker. Thanks!

Currently, no.
But possibilities persist.

Sent from my Nokia_XL
24th December 2014, 04:24 PM |#2150  
North Potomac
Thanks Meter: 905

More
Quote:

Mine is ext2 as I've Android 4.1.2.
Just downloaded the DebianTesting core image. Will try on it, too!

Well I tried the ext2 image. No luck.Think I'll give up for now and wait to see what the new version of LOA does. Thanks for your help and happy holidays!
The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mscion Ad-Free
27th December 2014, 12:34 AM |#2151  
Crystal River
Thanks Meter: 158

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscion

Well I tried the ext2 image. No luck.Think I'll give up for now and wait to see what the new version of LOA does. Thanks for your help and happy holidays!

You nerd to use a Linux based kernel that is compatible
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)