FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[CENTRAL] CF-Auto-Root

11,416 posts
Thanks Meter: 88,109

By Chainfire, Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 8th November 2012, 06:19 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
17th December 2014, 11:01 PM |#721  
Flag Buzau
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdiado

@Chainfire the auto-root for Nexus 5 version 5.0 is valid for the version 5.0.1.

Anyone has tried?

Hi. Did you try it? I installed 5.0.1 on Nexus4 and I want to root it again.
18th December 2014, 02:55 AM |#722  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by postulio

How do I dump those files, I'll do it for the T-Mobile version.

Thanks for the support

You have to extract them from a firmware image. Since they're not yet available for download from sammobile.com, you have to wait for a firmware update via Kies. After you follow the prompts to update, follow these instructions to save the firmware: http://androidforums.com/threads/how...rocess.458795/

Once you've save the firmware image you can easily extract the files he needs.
18th December 2014, 10:01 AM |#723  
Flag Noida
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Can we have root for galaxy grand 2 (SM-G710K)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

CF-Auto-Root is the root for "rooting beginners" and those who want to keep as close to stock as possible. CF-Root is meant to be used in combination with stock Samsung firmwares, and be the quickest and easiest way for your first root. In essence, it does nothing but install and enable SuperSU on your system, so apps can gain root access.

This thread serves as a central discussion and request thread for CF-Auto-Root. If you have questions about a specific CF-Auto-Root binary for a specific device, please go the relevant thread listed on the CF-Auto-Root homepage.

Donate
CF-Root and CF-Auto-Root have been available for many devices (over 50 different models !) and have clocked over 9 million downloads. This is not even counting custom ROMs that include CF-Root (non-Auto) kernels. Don't be a leech, buy me a beer (and use the "Thanks" button!). Imagine if every user had donated me $1...

What's installed
- SuperSU binary and APK
- Stock recovery (note that any other recovery you may have installed will be overwritten !)

What's the difference between CF-Auto-Root and CF-Root, and/or other root solutions ?
CF-Root (non-Auto) are manually built rooted kernels and/or flashables that usually provide more than "just root". CF-Auto-Root is built on an automated system that I am constantly improving that takes a stock recovery image and returns an automated rooting packages. These packages are designed to install and enable SuperSU on your device, so apps can gain root access, and nothing more.

The difference with many other rooting solutions is that those will often install a custom recovery for you (I am personally moving away from custom kernels and recoveries, for various reasons), while with CF-Auto-Root you will end up with a stock recovery again.

Not included - custom recovery
A custom recovery like CWM or TWRP is not included.

Not included - Triangle Away
Triangle Away can be used to reset the flash counter after installing CF-Root. The flash counter keeps track of how many custom firmwares you have flashed, as this voids warranty. (No idea what this about ? Read up on it, you will want to use this !)

Not included - adbd Insecure
As this CF-Root does not include a custom kernel, adb shell does not have root access by default (you can still get it by typing su inside the shell), nor is adb remount supported, nor will adb push and adb pull work on system files. adbd Insecure can be used to remedy this situation. (No idea what this is about ? Don't worry about it !)

CF-Auto-Root homepage
http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/

can we have root for galaxy grand 2 sm-g710k because the sm-g7102 root dosent work thanx in advance
-Shreyes
18th December 2014, 10:47 PM |#724  
Flag charleston wv
Thanks Meter: 169

More
When is it possible to root xt1028 moto g on 4.4.4 with locked bootloader? And will this be accomplished when 5.0 hits the phone?
19th December 2014, 10:30 AM |#725  
Thanks Meter: 331

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cell2011

When is it possible to root xt1028 moto g on 4.4.4 with locked bootloader? And will this be accomplished when 5.0 hits the phone?

No, this is for unlocked bootloaders only and it will stay this way...
19th December 2014, 12:50 PM |#726  
Flag charleston wv

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschumacher69

No, this is for unlocked bootloaders only and it will stay this way...

Yea right show me proof? You cant tell me 5.0 cant be rooted then. Its been proven these phones are rooted 4.4.4 with locked boot and 5.0 locked boot
19th December 2014, 03:30 PM |#727  
Thanks Meter: 331

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cell2011

Yea right show me proof? You cant tell me 5.0 cant be rooted then. Its been proven these phones are rooted 4.4.4 with locked boot and 5.0 locked boot

Go ahead, root it then...
19th December 2014, 03:47 PM |#728  
Flag charleston wv

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschumacher69

Go ahead, root it then...

When 5.0 comes out for xt1028 this month ill send screenshots
21st December 2014, 09:44 PM |#729  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

To be able to make CF-Auto-Root for a device:
- I need the recovery.img file, so post it in this thread if you need support for a new device

Hi Chainfire,
I need support to root the SM-N915FY (samsung galaxy note edge), you already rooted successfully other version of it but not the FY variant.
You can find here the recovery.img extracted from his rom. Could you create the necessary tool to root?
Thanks very much.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lucarp78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lucarp78 Ad-Free
22nd December 2014, 07:20 AM |#730  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
guys with img file which program should I use? with odin I find the file
22nd December 2014, 05:07 PM |#731  
Flag Cape Town
Thanks Meter: 384

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _OverKill_

guys with img file which program should I use? with odin I find the file

Linux terminal; fastboot command

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Carlyle_f For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Carlyle_f Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread