Thanks Meter: 13,580

Post Reply Email Thread
26th November 2014, 04:51 AM |#571  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by damngood98

unless you're seeing something i'm not, 2.8.2.0 is the latest

2.8.2.1 is out for nexus 6 and 9. Resolves the excessive time booting to twrp, as well as the 5 minute long cache wipes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Haadkoe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Haadkoe Ad-Free

28th November 2014, 12:21 PM |#572  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I'm not sure if this is a bug or my own stupidity but I've now got a "decryption unsuccessful" message when I try to boot into system:
"The password you entered is correct but unfortunately your data is corrupt" "To resume using your tablet, you need to perform a factory reset"

I believe the steps that caused it were as follows: Firstly I decided to encrypt my nexus 10 after ota upgrading to 5.0 using the standard android method.
When I went into recovery later (2.8.1.0) it asked me for a password. I put in my lock screen pin but it failed. I thought to install the latest recovery (2.8.2.0) using fastboot. But at the same time I thought to remove my screen pin anyway. So I got into 2.8.2.0 (after a long wait) and it didn't ask for a pin. Anway I was trying to browse files in install but noticed I couldn't for some reason. I went into mount and tried to mount data and it seemed to hang. I'm guessing this is where things went wrong.
29th November 2014, 09:54 AM |#573  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DSammy

restorecon -FR /data/media/0

Tried this today (run in terminal emulator in root mode) on both N5 and N10 and it worked great, can now see the twrp folder from within Lollipop.
22nd December 2014, 10:09 PM |#574  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 919

More
There is a new TWRP verision in:

http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/manta

Well, it doesn't take a whole minute to load like previous version but the battery percentage indicator is still missing

What's new in 2.8.3.0:

-MTP fixes and improvements - you can now copy zips to the root of storage - thanks to _that
-MTP will now tell the host PC that storage is removed instead of disabling MTP completely
-MTP will now report the correct max file size based on the file system in use to the host PC (may fix transfer of large files)
-Update and improve fix permissions and make fixing contexts optional
-Update SuperSU in TWRP to 2.40 and update install process
-Make TWRP work properly on AArch64 (Nexus 9 is now built in true 64-bit binaries and libraries)
-Attempt to set correct permissions and contexts on all files placed in storage so backups will show in Android
-Fix kernel panic during MTP start on some devices
-Support unicode fonts on devices with True Type Font support
-Fix slider value not showing sometimes (vibration settings page)
-Toggle MTP off during adb sideload to set correct USB IDs
-Reduce library requirements for 5.0 L decrypt
-Other minor fixes and improvements
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to VivaErBetis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VivaErBetis Ad-Free
22nd December 2014, 10:36 PM |#575  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaErBetis

There is a new TWRP verision in:

http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/manta

Well, it doesn't take a whole minute to load like previous version but the battery percentage indicator is still missing

I can confirm the load time has gone back to normal. (And I hadn't noticed, but I don't have a battery indicator either).

What's with formatting the cache partition taking minutes instead of a few seconds? I know I can have TWRP "rm -rf" instead of formatting, and that only takes a couple of seconds, but the "many-minutes-to-format-the-cache-partition" problem has existed on my N10 for many revisions of TWRP, and doesn't exist on my N5 or Galaxy Nexus. Any thoughts about this appreciated!
The Following User Says Thank You to tvBilly For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tvBilly Ad-Free
23rd December 2014, 09:07 AM |#576  
Thanks Meter: 3,022

Donate to Me
More
Here my flashable Zip.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TWRP_2.8.3.0_Manta.zip - [Click for QR Code] (9.00 MB, 392 views)
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to hanspampel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hanspampel Ad-Free
24th December 2014, 12:32 AM |#577  
Flag So Cal
Thanks Meter: 159

More
Thank you!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
27th December 2014, 06:03 PM |#578  
Flag off the coast o the kontiki!
Thanks Meter: 1,992

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvBilly

I can confirm the load time has gone back to normal. (And I hadn't noticed, but I don't have a battery indicator either).

What's with formatting the cache partition taking minutes instead of a few seconds? I know I can have TWRP "rm -rf" instead of formatting, and that only takes a couple of seconds, but the "many-minutes-to-format-the-cache-partition" problem has existed on my N10 for many revisions of TWRP, and doesn't exist on my N5 or Galaxy Nexus. Any thoughts about this appreciated!

I got my Nexus 10 at the end of October & thought the 2 day long wipes were normal. I'm using philz recovery at the moment but think I'll switch to twrp 2.8.3.0.

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
30th December 2014, 08:22 PM |#579  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanspampel

Here my flashable Zip.

Thank you!
5th January 2015, 07:17 PM |#580  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
So i have a lagging statusbar, factory reset doenst solve this, would a full wipe fix this? If so, which boxes do i select?

If i select them all, will there be a chance to brick it?
5th January 2015, 08:40 PM |#581  
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 561

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafood99

So i have a lagging statusbar, factory reset doenst solve this, would a full wipe fix this? If so, which boxes do i select?

If i select them all, will there be a chance to brick it?

For a full wipe check boxes 1,2,3,4 the last box leave unchecked.

Erik
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)