Advanced/scripting Question? USB Tether auto-start on plug-in

Search This thread

vladthedog

Mar 14, 2008
Is it possible to have my phone automatically start usb-tethering when I plug it in to the computer? I run Cyanogen Nightly so it's obviously fully rooted. I also don't have a problem messing with configs/scripts so if someone could just help point me in the right direction? I almost never plug my phone into the computer unless i'm using it for tethering, and the option to enable it is somewhat buried. It's not a huge deal; its just that my situation means the computer I do tether it to is always been plugged/unplugged so its a bit of an annoyance of mine that each time I plug it in I have to dig through menus to re-enable.

dglowe343

Sep 2, 2009
Detroit
I just use WiFi Tether from the market. I usually plug it in cuz its a battery hog, but you don't have to. Just open the app and press the icon and your phone acts like a wireless router. You can even set a WEP password so nobody can leech.

Sent from my EVO using xda App

ddarvish

Dec 20, 2009
Is it possible to have my phone automatically start usb-tethering when I plug it in to the computer? I run Cyanogen Nightly so it's obviously fully rooted. I also don't have a problem messing with configs/scripts so if someone could just help point me in the right direction? I almost never plug my phone into the computer unless i'm using it for tethering, and the option to enable it is somewhat buried. It's not a huge deal; its just that my situation means the computer I do tether it to is always been plugged/unplugged so its a bit of an annoyance of mine that each time I plug it in I have to dig through menus to re-enable.

did you ever figure out how to do this? lookin to do the same