About to get an LG G2

Search This thread

vishal11in

Jan 1, 2012
G2's are great devices, HOWEVER, they have to many hardware issues. Im now on my 7th g2 and will not be getting another one after this.

I will be investing in a oneplue one device. Specs exceed the g2 for half the price. Look it up and check it out.

Then i would say you are unluck with g2 lots. Mine has no issue as far as hardware is concerned. I am still on stock rom rooted and achieved all tweaks with use of xposed.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: tiguy99

DarkFamiliarity

Apr 7, 2012
If I get the LG G2 in the US, will it be compatible with India's LTE/4G when I go there? People are saying that USA runs on 2.5GHz and India on 2.3GHz. Can tweaks solve this, such as custom ROMs, or do I have to skip this phone?

TheUnladenSwallow

Aug 3, 2013
Hardware problems are not common for G2. I have no idea how anyone can go through 7.

I can attest to hardware issues on my vs980, 3 broken headphone jacks and a broken speaker. I'm currently on the third broken headphone jack but haven't bothered to RMA it.

Also for ROMs xdabbeb has a fully functioning vs980 g3 port, it's every bit as stable as stock uses all the latest vs980 stuff and is still on 1.0 after weeks because noone's found any major issues with it, as far as I know there's only even been 1 minor issue.

Last edited:

tiguy99

Oct 3, 2007
Chicago
My advise....if you find a good G2...KEEP it!!!!

I've gone through a few (warranty exchanges) and just sold my last one before the holidays.

THEN bought a cheap priced D801 on Ebay and plan to fix the screen soon. The battery/processor/radio etc are perfect on this one.
Once I fix the screen I plan to keep this one for a looooooooooong time.

Have gone though just about every scenario with this phone....root/unroot, stock/various ROMS, IMEI broken/ IMEI fixed, soft bricked/ hard bricked, dead/
back to life again etc.
Once you learn the phone from the inside out you kinda gain a different appreciation for what you have

Get the G2.

Last edited:

DarkFamiliarity

Apr 7, 2012
Thanks everyone, I did get the g2 and its super smooth!
I'm fine with stock for now and I don't wanna go messing around with the custom recoveries and rooting just yet, in case the phone bricks or something. By the way, I got the vs980 model.

Reactions: Vlad Paul

Vlad Paul

Sep 1, 2012
Buzau
I'm fine with stock for now and I don't wanna go messing around with the custom recoveries and rooting just yet, in case the phone bricks or something. By the way, I got the vs980 model.
Congratulations! G2 still is one of the best smartphones. Official Lollipop will give it a new life. ;)

DarkFamiliarity

Apr 7, 2012
So there is an official Lollipop for the G2? I can't update for some reason. :\ but yep, g2 is amazing.

Attachments

• 1420402555398.jpg
    1420402555398.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 149

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
So there is an official Lollipop for the G2? I can't update for some reason. :\ but yep, g2 is amazing.

Who knows. Supposedly in the works. They said it would but no timeframe. Supposedly the VS980 Verizon model has a really solid lollipop aosp port. I like the G3 Verizon port personally.

I have lollipop on my tablet and unsure about the new notification tray in real world day to day...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm about to get an LG G2, probably sprint or verizon edition.

Is it possible to unlock the Sprint/Verizon LG G2 to use it on T-Mobile or worldwide carriers? With 4G and LTE?

Are there good ROMs for this device? Does it come with an in built backup like Motorola has its RSD lite?

Thanks!

You won't get LTE on the Sprint model on T-Mobile I think. I don't know about Verizon. 3.5G HSPA+ will work fine though. As for good ROMs, you'll have to deal with bugs. Though I had good luck with dr87's Madhi ROM (kitkat). A pity he's retired from the G2 deving scene...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yes you can unlock these models to work on any GSM carrier, and I recommend resurrection remix rom or cloudy g3,Res Remix rom is the latest version of Android (5.0.2)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Free mobile app
    Thank you for your ROM recommendation, although I believe the Sprint model can't use LTE/4G on other GSM networks.
    G2's are great devices, HOWEVER, they have to many hardware issues. Im now on my 7th g2 and will not be getting another one after this.

I will be investing in a oneplue one device. Specs exceed the g2 for half the price. Look it up and check it out.

Then i would say you are unluck with g2 lots. Mine has no issue as far as hardware is concerned. I am still on stock rom rooted and achieved all tweaks with use of xposed.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app