[Solved] LGMobile Support Tool Issue (won't install)

Search This thread

walkerx

May 22, 2009
South Yorkshire
Everytime I try to install the LGMobile Support Tool it won't go any further on the progress bar than just above the 'ob' of LGMobile.

Has anyone else had this issue and managed to resolve it - i know there was a thread back in may but nothing since then

I've tried both on a windows7 x64 and windows xp sp3 machines

regards

this is just a quick update and may help others who end up having same issues - the reason the app freeses during install is because it accesses the internet on port 9002 - once you allow this port outbound on your router/firewall the installation will work fine.

Do not remove the setting otherwise you can't run the app after it's installed as it connects to internet again..

regards

Last edited:

bliizzz

Oct 8, 2011
Mine didn't install on win 7 64 bit
Xp sp2 was totally fine

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA App

Reactions: putrilol

sani340

Jun 1, 2013
Hi i have same problem,but i don´t know how to allow 9002 port a tried to look for tutorials on google but i didn´t find anything that works and i still cant istall lg mobile support tool :mad:

avy712

Jun 24, 2013
internet explorer

Hi i have same problem,but i don´t know how to allow 9002 port a tried to look for tutorials on google but i didn´t find anything that works and i still cant istall lg mobile support tool :mad:

hi, i had the same problem and was able to install the update tool on internet explorer instead of google chrome. thought it might be helfull

junioroia

Dec 3, 2013
how?????

Everytime I try to install the LGMobile Support Tool it won't go any further on the progress bar than just above the 'ob' of LGMobile.

this is just a quick update and may help others who end up having same issues - the reason the app freeses during install is because it accesses the internet on port 9002 - once you allow this port outbound on your router/firewall the installation will work fine.

Do not remove the setting otherwise you can't run the app after it's installed as it connects to internet again..

regards

HOW do you do that??????

Igoritza

May 23, 2008
Belgrade
I would like to say some really bad word for the OP, as this kind of behavior is the worst!!!

F YOU MAN!

there is nothing worse than presenting the problem, and telling after that: "ok I solved it, move on ..." << well youare a douche. biggest one there is.

Klindic

Dec 19, 2011
Change hosts file

Hi there all, I had the same problem and solve it while going to hosts file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

Open up hosts file with notepad and delete any line that does not have hashtag "#" in front.
So it should look something like this :

# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for
# Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host
# names. Each # entry should be #
# kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding
# host name. # The IP address
# and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on
# individual # lines or following
# the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host
#
#
# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost

Save it, File --> Save ot Ctrl+S and close. Double click on B2CAppSetup.exe and let me know if it worked for you.

Cheers :)

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2010
Unable to Install the LG MOBILE SUPPORT TOOL

Hi there all, I had the same problem and solve it while going to hosts file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

Open up hosts file with notepad and delete any line that does not have hashtag "#" in front.
So it should look something like this :

# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for
# Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host
# names. Each # entry should be #
# kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding
# host name. # The IP address
# and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on
# individual # lines or following
# the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host
#
#
# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost

Save it, File --> Save ot Ctrl+S and close. Double click on B2CAppSetup.exe and let me know if it worked for you.

Cheers :)

The above method didn't work for me. Please help suggest an alternate method or another OS build where this might work.

satman1w

Aug 3, 2013
I would like to say some really bad word for the OP, as this kind of behavior is the worst!!!

F YOU MAN!

there is nothing worse than presenting the problem, and telling after that: "ok I solved it, move on ..." << well youare a douche. biggest one there is.

WTF are you *****ing about??? He thinks he solved the problem by allowing port 9xxx (it is not the solution, but all the same...) and now you would like someone to solve it for you at your home on your own router?!?!?
F U man!! what else would you like???

qwaimal

Oct 13, 2018
in your windows explorer, right click on the downloaded setup file named "LGMobileSupportTool" and go to file properties. In the attributes section, check Unblock. You must have administrator privileges. Run the file as admin.

xstreit

Jan 10, 2011
Hi guys, in my case it was caused by running LG Bridge app on the background so go to tray and kill this app then installer of support tool was able to finish loading.

Dimitrije05

Aug 15, 2019
Hello everyone
I am more than aware that this is a very old thread, so let me explain myself a bit.
Basically, i have an old optimus l7 ii (wrong phone for this thread, ik but where else am i going to ask) that i want to update to kitkat from jb. to do that, i have to install this tool for the cse flash in lg flash tool 2014 to work. problem is the exact same one as in the original post, except none of the methods mentioned here worked for me. not opening port 9002,editing the hosts file, closing lg bridge, running it as admin, nothing at all. i think the reason why it doesn't work might be because the servers needed for the installer to work are down (what with lg now having shut down their mobile division and everything). still though, i need some way for this to actually work (if there is one even at this point)

putrilol

Apr 2, 2024
Hi everyone, sorry for the delay, I also need to install the LG Mobile Support Tool for the following problem: after finding my old LG L7 II, when I turn it on, a message appears under the logo saying SECURITY ERROR, from the online tutorials they say to use lg mobile support tool, but the installation stops after 5 seconds and doesn't progress, also after installing LG PC Suit, so I tried to install the original rom with lg flash tool, but obviously it didn't work.
If anyone knows how to fix this SECURITY ERROR issue it would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know it's old post but today i have problem installing lg mobile support tool.
    i install lg pc suite first and then voila lg mobile support tool installed.

Has anyone else had this issue and managed to resolve it - i know there was a thread back in may but nothing since then

I've tried both on a windows7 x64 and windows xp sp3 machines

regards

regards
    internet explorer

hi, i had the same problem and was able to install the update tool on internet explorer instead of google chrome. thought it might be helfull
    Mine didn't install on win 7 64 bit
    Xp sp2 was totally fine

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA App
    Hello everyone
    I am more than aware that this is a very old thread, so let me explain myself a bit.
    Basically, i have an old optimus l7 ii (wrong phone for this thread, ik but where else am i going to ask) that i want to update to kitkat from jb. to do that, i have to install this tool for the cse flash in lg flash tool 2014 to work. problem is the exact same one as in the original post, except none of the methods mentioned here worked for me. not opening port 9002,editing the hosts file, closing lg bridge, running it as admin, nothing at all. i think the reason why it doesn't work might be because the servers needed for the installer to work are down (what with lg now having shut down their mobile division and everything). still though, i need some way for this to actually work (if there is one even at this point)